Author Topic: Fosterers desperately needed for Stoke and Newcastele Cats Protection  (Read 5408 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Fosterers desperately needed for Stoke and Newcastele Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »
We are on call 24 hours a day 365 days a year and can offer advice in many situations. We can deal with over 30 calls a day, which for a very few unpaid volunteers is an enormous task.

Re your appeal. The above para is  very similar to what I write in 'begging letters' and have done so for over 10 years. It must a case of  great minds think alike.

I write;- We in the Chesterfield Branch are unpaid volunteers we are on call 24 hours a day 365 days a year and can offer advice in many situations, it is surprising how a few kind words and a little advice can turn what seemed an impossible situation into a manageable hiccup, In any one-month we can deal with over 1000 phone calls, which for a very few unpaid volunteers is an enormous task.  I used to say about 700 calls a month but then  I had to do a counting exercise and realized I had underestimated. It must be a case of great minds think alike. I do so love it when people ring in the middle of the night asking for a kitten.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:44:15 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Squeak

• Kitten
Fosterers desperately needed for Stoke and Newcastele Cats Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 11:27:35 AM »
Please visit us on the web www.cpstoke.co.uk

Stoke and Newcastle branch are desperate for fosterers and fundraising (to pay for our very expensive vets bills) volunteers.  We do not have a central cattery, but cats are placed in people’s homes that love and nurture the cat or kittens until they are re-homed.  Our branch deals predominantly with pregnant mums, abandoned kittens and seriously injured cats.  There are far more cats needing help than fosterers available, so please if you are interested you will not regret it………

This branch was started in April 2003 and we are all unpaid volunteers doing it for the love of the cats.  Most volunteers hold down full time jobs and help in their spare time. 

We are on call 24 hours a day 365 days a year and can offer advice in many situations. We can deal with over 30 calls a day, which for a very few unpaid volunteers is an enormous task.

Last year we re-homed or relocated over 350 cats and helped over 1000.  We helped to neuter over 500.  We are very fortunate to receive the damaged cat food stock from Sainsbury’s which covers the cost of feeding not only our foster cats, but also members of the public who cannot afford to feed their own pets and also our numerous feral colonies.

Link to CatChat