Author Topic: Charity run in memory of our cats  (Read 7771 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Charity run in memory of our cats
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 23:21:34 PM »
I'm sure as soon as John gets the pics how will post Gill :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 21:11:20 PM »
Be nice if he posted on here!

I couldnt remember the thread name cos was thinking about this today and watched the run last week on TV.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 15:12:56 PM »
Copied from CC

Posted on Monday, October 6 bu Jon   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got home late last night. Did a personal best of 1 hr 45 mins 51 secs.
Am waiting for the official photos gallery to appear on the Great North Run website so that I can buy the photos of myself running.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 20:45:32 PM »
I have donated via BACS Jon and have e-mailed you as you asked us to do.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Roz

You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 21:37:39 PM »
Hi Jon,

I don't know when this race is to take place but I am very happy to donate some money to the cause.  I won't be asking you to wear my cats' photos but I will be thinking of them on the day you run and that is enough. Perhaps I can include my beloved dogs too who have passed on...

Thank you so much and good luck - I have five names:

Ruby, Emma, Dubes, Sapphire and Little Black Bob.

I'll pay the funds into the Nationwide tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Roz
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 17:38:54 PM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 22:39:05 PM »
Come on folks 19 squares available for sponsorship and 8 free square available for children (John has paid the sponsorship for these squares).

If you know anyone wants to sponsor, or any kids that want a free square, please let John know - ASAP before they all go.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 22:09:46 PM »
Just bumping this up!!!!!

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 22:47:03 PM »
Is it wise to have your account/ sort number in public view?  :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 20:32:53 PM »
Come on Peeps please support John on this one ... it's a worthy cause

still 51 squares left   :(

and please remember, if anyone knows any kids who have lost a cat they get their squares free, John will pay their donation (10 squares have been set aside for this).

Offline moscowjon

• Adult Cat
Charity run in memory of our cats
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »
Charity Run for Animal Rescue Place

For my charity run this year I am raising funds for Farplace Animal Rescue (Durham). Any help in sponsoring me will be greatly appreciated.
I have done a charity run every year since I lost my wife and daughter 12 years ago. This is the first time I have run on behalf of a Animal Rescue place.
Due to the death of my beloved Sam on 27th June I will be wearing a Tshirt with a small photo him on the front.
Anyone who sponsors me can also have a small picture of their cat on my running shirt along with a message of your choice to your cat. (You will need to email me the cat photo in jpeg form).
To have your cats photo and message printed on my running shirt will cost £2. The £2 you donate will cover the cost of this printing, and the company I work for has agreed to donate the equivalent amount (upto a total of £200) to Farplace Animal Rescue (Durham). This means that I am trying to get 100 people to sign up.
For anyone requiring confirmation of my run etc, please feel free to contact Gareth at Farplace Animal Rescue, Durham (email gareth@farplace.co.uk). They also have a website if you google them which will have further contact details.
Gareth will confirm to you that I am one of their confirmed runners in this years Bupa Great North Run.
Anyone wishing to contact me can do so. My details are Jonathan (Jon) Taylor,  email jontaylor93[at]aol.com
If you wish to have your cats photo and a message on my running shirt then you can make your £2 donation at Nationwide Building Society (sort code 074456, account number 03840737).
I am arranging a cheque presentation for after the race when I will present Farplace Animal Rescue with a cheque for the funds raised.
I will email a photo of myself  wearing the Tshirt to everyone who want one, and I also want to get the cheque presentation in the local paper.

Can I please mention, if people donate £2 by bank transfer, can they please email me with their cats photo & message at jontaylor93(at)aol.com.

If anyone perfers to post £2 to me, then feel free (just email me and I will send you my postal details)

For your £2 you will get (1) your cats photo & a message printed on my running shirt in the Great North Run, (2) a photo of me in the shirt showing your cats photo & message emailed to you when I get the shirt printed at the end of July (3) the knowledge that you have donated to a worthwhile animal rescue place (4) and also a bit of fun knowing that your cats photo is being run round the Great North Run course whilst the race is live on TV.

Please help by donating £2

(Please note : if there are any young kids who have lost a cat but can't afford the sponsor money then I will pay their part of the sponsor money to get their photo printed on the running shirt, they just need to email their photo & message).

Link to CatChat