Author Topic: Timewaster  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Timewaster
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 23:48:31 PM »
That's a teacher and a policeman who have messed us about today - what hope is there?  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 23:49:03 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 23:01:33 PM »
What kind of person would want to split up 2 tiny kittens anyway? - just selfish "Me" types  >:(

I have the same thoughts  >:(  My kittens are only rehomed in pairs and only where there's someone in most of the day.  The only time I've rehomed one kitten is if they have another same age, but if that one is with another, I won't split.  Well done for sticking to your guns but as Bazsmum said, they'll probably get one no problem through the free ads  :'(

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 22:52:24 PM »
I originally only wanted one new kitten - but i couldnt possibly spilt up a pair. Good job the others had homes to go to or I would have come home with all four! :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 19:24:59 PM »
What kind of person would want to split up 2 tiny kittens anyway? - just selfish "Me" types  >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 19:07:08 PM »
We get wasters all the time mark,glad you walked out Mark, We had one tell us that he had a garden and a catflap when I turned up they lived  a flat and the cat would have to go down two flights of stairs, and they had no catflap fitted, He then told me that the catflap was on order I wont tell you what I said to him >:( >:( But he never got a cat from me.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 18:45:08 PM »
Who does she think she is doing a favour for???  :Crazy: Some people....I wouldnt even want to give her an oldie who is content on being on their own!!!  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 18:40:01 PM »
Sharon said she would home a single kitten in certain circumstances but the woman is at work all day and her husband only works from home 2 days a week. She is a teacher and was off for the school holidays but I bet they aren't planning on staying in all that time. I think she must have known we rehome in pairs and was trying to be clever. Anyway, the Tabby siblings she wanted to split up are ready to go now and she doesn't want a kitten for another 2 weeks.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 18:32:13 PM »
Grrr!  >:( Sad thing is she will probably get her wish through trawling the free ads etc!!!  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Timewaster
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 17:23:49 PM »
Sharon got an email the other day, part of which was "Ideally we would like one kitten but if you feel that the kitten would suffer being alone some of the time we are willing to take two."

I went out in the pouring rain to do the homecheck. The house was fine and she started filling in the form and wrote "Kitten" - I said "You are taking 2 aren't you" - she said "No, I only want one" - I pointed out what she said in her email and she said "We have thought about it and only want one" I said kittens can't be left alone for long periods and they need company. I said that if she would consider a 6 month old that would be fine but she was adamant she wanted a kitten and a tabby one at that  :tired:

I picked up the form and left.

Link to CatChat