Author Topic: no stopping  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: no stopping
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 10:21:27 AM »
It is always the same this time of year, so we just need to support each other and keep each other going. It'll get better soon!  :naughty:  :hug: :hug:

Offline JadesMum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 10:02:47 AM »
I wish I lived nearer to some of you so that I could help.  I feel useless reading these and wanting to help.
I live in Wigan  :'(
Anyway if I win the lottery either,  I promise to pay all your vets bills and pay some money in advance at the vets for you.
Amanda xx

Photos:-   http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/jadesmum_photos/

Mum to:-
Jade (Daughter age 7)
Lucy (Tabby Cat age 3)
Tibby (Male cat Black & White age 3 1/2  -  Latest addition)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »
We are getting very few calls for rehoming, unless of course they want a kitten, they are still coming, but we have no kittens. Dont know why people wont consider one of the young adults we have in, and poor Moses has been here since January. I hope one of these weeks will be a good one where we get loads of homing enquries, but the places will be filled pretty much immediately. One of the rescues in my area is even having issues homing kittens
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 22:09:58 PM »
Despite homing our diabetic Charlie yesterday, we took in one FIV puss and one hyperthyroid one.  She is on meds for 3wks to see if we can turn her round.. Our last vets bill for one vet was over 1300.00 and that was just for one month.. !

It never stops!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 20:19:22 PM »
If I ever win the lottery Ron, I'll sort your bills out as well as mine, you do a sterling job and they'd be lost without you  :hug:  :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 20:17:41 PM »
 we have had three calls since i posted, we have been the only ones in Brighton who are not turning cats away but our vet bill are getting the better of us we have had vet bills for £2000 per month and i am still in dept to the vet for over £1000 but we still cant turn a poor little mite away, but i know i will get there in the end i don't ever worry as long as i can help any poor little stray and give it food and a Bed to sleep in. :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 19:52:27 PM »
Well I have decided after sorting out the ones I'm dealing with at the moment, I'm having a break.  I have been non bloody stop for weeks, not had any offers of help from local rescues for help............hello, I'm chocca as well plus I have a family to look after  :sneaky:  I've had a banging head for 2 days and have no energy whatsoever plus the fact I aint sleeping  :tired:  Going to the docs on Friday in the hope he'll give me something and I can start getting back on track again  :tired:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 19:46:35 PM »
Same here, 45 in at the moment, and have been given a call by a Housing Officer about a house with 15 cats and kittens that need to be taken in ASAP.  The year seems to have started late but it sure is making up for it now. :tired:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 19:35:36 PM »
I have the same problem Ron, got over 20 to sort the next few days and have had no rehomings, it's getting worse by the day but we somehow manage to keep going  :tired:  :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
no stopping
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 18:26:24 PM »
we have forty cats at the moment and the phone keeps ringing none stop we homed seven cats last week  and thought we were doing good then the next day we had a phone call and picked up seven from one person who had 18 cats and was told she had to get rid where goes it all end.

Link to CatChat