Author Topic: This just beggars belief  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Re: This just beggars belief
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 21:09:25 PM »
I can't say anything more than whats been said.

She summed it up well with
He'll never be forgotten, but his "owner" will just be a blur in a week or two.

I totally agree and words about this  :censored: so called human fail me at the minute  >:(

Glad you are feeling better today Teresa  :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 11:13:02 AM »
 :thanks: All, had got myself in a right old state last night but I`m ok this morning, it will take more than a lowlife to knock me down.

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 11:09:52 AM »
I can't say anything more than whats been said.

She summed it up well with
He'll never be forgotten, but his "owner" will just be a blur in a week or two.

From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 02:09:44 AM »
Sorry only just catching up .

I am so sorry this moron contacted you as you gave Cringle all the love and care that he needed. It was so sad that Cringle did not have more time to enjoy what a good life meant.

I am pleased to read that he has now reconsidered and agree that sadly this could mean him getting another cat. I wish that people who wanted cats always knew what they wre doing and really cared about the animals that they were getting but sadly as you know this often is not the case.

At least Cringle knew at the end he was loved and a human cared about him, just like little Katy Teabag does.

Try and forget about the moron, Cringle is smiling down on you from the Bridge and sits with the Gang up there that were all once in your care. They know that you care and they were all loved and looked after.

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 23:42:40 PM »
T,

He was such a special gentle giant and I know you did everything you could and more. Maybe this is why Cringle chose to spend more time away from his "home" than in it.  Maybe he was searching for somewhere better and so I am so glad he found you.  I bet this guy didn't realise how wonderful Cringle was.

Claire xxx

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 21:29:57 PM »
Hi Teresa

Have been there many times myself and the only comfort you can take from all this is that Cringle had you by his side through his bad times, he didn't die alone in the gutter like so many of his beautiful species.  At times like this you wonder why on earth you do this damn rescue work, put yourself through all the emotions of hope and dismay, money and health worries, the endless hours of shovelling poo and cleaning up sickies.  Then one little purr, one tender head butt makes it all worthwhile.  Nobody can ever take that away.  Some are more special than others, Cringle was obviously one of them.  He'll never be forgotten, but his "owner" will just be a blur in a week or two.  xx  :hug:
Who's SHE, the cat's mother?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 21:10:01 PM »
Aww, I am so sorry you have had to go through this Teresa, people really do never cease to amaze me. I am so glad that Cringle had someone like you to make sure he was happy and loved at the end of his life.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 21:06:06 PM »
Too true.   :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 20:57:36 PM »
Well the lowlife has now emailed to say that this isnt his cat after all, he has obviously had time to think of implications.
Awful as it sounds  Cringle is safe from him, the sad thing is now he has closure he will get another poor cat.
I am usually a strong person but this has opened the floodgates, we loved Cringle so much and to be honest its only since Teabag Katy arrived needing so much care that I have been able to re focus myself.
Cringle buddy you were too good for him.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 20:33:29 PM »
Sometimes I think I will never be surprised by unfeeling people and then reading this just proves me wrong..

Don't let it get to you, you did everything you could for Cringle and he was loved to the end, he had a better life at the end and that counts more than what this idiot did.

:catluv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 20:32:26 PM »
Teresa, my OH suggests that if he rings again, you should demand reimbursement from this guy for Cringle's treatment. Obviously you won't get it, but it will call his bluff.

:hug:

I totally agree with Christine's OH on this one ... if the "pond scum" should call again ask him how he would like to settle the bill for Cringles vetinary care.  I somehow don't think you'll hear from again.

Don't let this uncaring person upset you.  I understand some people don't become overly concerned when there pets go walkabout for a day or so but 1 month with no obvious attempts at finding him his disgusting and in mind "neglect", as such this guy doesnt have a leg to stand on.

I think it is fairly safe to say that Cringle will have received more love from you in the short time he was with you than he had previously had from his so called owner!

RIP Cringle.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 20:27:02 PM »
Another shining example of the growing number of ignorant morons Teresa, please do not let this idiot get to you, Cringle was loved by you as you would love any needy animal i sure ..he clearly is not a decent enough person to respect all the good work that you do...

Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 20:18:12 PM »
Teresa, I'm so sorry. Sometimes peoples lack of empathy towards their pets astounds me. It's wonderful that Cringle had someone like you in his life at the end to make him aware that people could be loving towards him, not indifferent.

If the man calls again, make sure he knows you have proof that Cringle had been ill for a while and that you will approach someone for legal advice if he pursues the matter.

RIP, Cringle.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 20:18:49 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 20:05:13 PM »
Teresa, my OH suggests that if he rings again, you should demand reimbursement from this guy for Cringle's treatment. Obviously you won't get it, but it will call his bluff.

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 20:00:24 PM »
 :hug: :hug: Teresa  , this is awful   I cant believe that any true caring pet owner would wait a month and not "be worried" .   At least poor Cringle had you in his final days and you were there to see him safely over to the Bridge, you gave that boy more love and care  in the few weeks he was with you than he had known in his whole life.  

This man/bottom dweller should be ashamed of himself for not getting Cringle the treatment he needed but somehow I dont think he will......

Sonya
xx
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 19:58:01 PM »
He won't sue you  >:(. You have the evidence, anyway. Try not to be upset if he should ring again.  :hug:

Like you, I am appalled at this reaction - but there is no chance he picked up Cringle's description from any of the publicity, is there, and had nothing to do with poor little Cringle at all?

In any case, don't let someone like that make you hurt and angry. Contact me privately if I can help in any way...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 19:56:34 PM »
I think some people who know their cats are ill just throw them out on the street hoping that they will never see them again or that someone else will get them treated. Absolutely shocking that this man think's he can turn up to claim the cat, once it has been treated.

RIP Cringle, at least somebody loved you in the end.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
This just beggars belief
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 19:47:04 PM »
Just in the middle of some really unpleasant communication, man just rang up to claim Cringle, he has described him, doesnt know whether neutered or not,told me his brother was killed on road . I told him Cringle was deceased and he said nothing wrong with my cat, he goes off for a week at a time then just sleeps so I didnt worry just saw ad in shop window. He said his daughter would be heartbroken , I said look its over a month now why didnt you look sooner I said I had checked all vets ran newspaper add with pics and posted on internet he just repeated he hadnt been worried, I told him I had been heartbroken and loved the cat enough to spend over £400 on treatment. I am so glad I had the post mortem done because the results prove that Cringle had this condition for quite some time before he came to me.
Why do I feel this lowlife is after suing me,not one word of love for the cat.
I feel so hurt and angry.

Link to CatChat