Author Topic: A Little Show Brag!  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: A Little Show Brag!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »
 :1st place: Minxy, Star and Pinball  :wow:

I have to say Lottie, I'm not sure where I stand on cat shows as I can only think how my own cats would react (it would NOT be good :evillaugh:) but I can honestly say your lot look like they were born to show - could they be any more relaxed about it?  :Luv2:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »
Thank you everyone I am so proud of them all  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »
A friend of mine off another board was there too with her two Selkirks and her household pets - I think you may have been in some rings with her?

Oooo yes Pinball had one of the Selkirks in the Novice side class with him and their DLH female in the Debutante class!

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »
Congratulations Lottie - your cats always look so gorgeous.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 22:50:33 PM »
Great results and they ;look so much older than they are..........I love Minxy  ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 22:48:38 PM »
Hey, well done the gang, Lottie!  :1st place: Please dispense congratulatory cuddles from Auntie Witty please!

Sounds like you had a good day there.  :agree:

A friend of mine off another board was there too with her two Selkirks and her household pets - I think you may have been in some rings with her?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 21:50:32 PM »
Congratulations Lottie to you and the gorgeous threesome  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 21:43:07 PM »
Congratulations Lottie!!  Your gang looking more gorgeous as ever, no wonder they did so well!!  But in case I missed something, who's that handsome hunk Pinball??

Thank you!  ;D Pinball is my new little man who I've had for just over a month now, his daddy is Minxy and Star's daddy  :) He's a sweetie but very sensitive (ie a big girls blouse and rather fond of pink)

Awww I didn't know the team had a new addition!!  Pinball is lovely, I already love him (sensitive or not) ;D :Luv:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 20:51:55 PM »
star will always make me go gooey - but thats no secret!!  pinball has such a cute wee face  :Luv: - sooooo white!!!

for some reason minxy always shocks me the most - she was so small and delicate  (bless his little paws, star was always a pudding  :Luv: ) and now look at her!!!!! 

but....  COMPLAINT - havent seen bilbo for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages!!  and boopy!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 20:45:46 PM »
Aw well done Lottie :Luv:

I have to admit as much as Pinball and Minxy are lush, Star just makes me :drool;

I had a long haired moggie as a teenager, Smokey, who looked just like Star, same deep blue coat and white paws and perfect triangle on his face.

Perfection.

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 20:41:14 PM »
Congratulations Lottie!!  Your gang looking more gorgeous as ever, no wonder they did so well!!  But in case I missed something, who's that handsome hunk Pinball??

Thank you!  ;D Pinball is my new little man who I've had for just over a month now, his daddy is Minxy and Star's daddy  :) He's a sweetie but very sensitive (ie a big girls blouse and rather fond of pink)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 20:41:40 PM by Team Svartalfheims »

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 20:39:04 PM »
Congratulations!

And lovely to see some pics of the stunning crew.  :Luv: :Luv2:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 20:35:36 PM »

Offline Linda D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 20:27:27 PM »
Congratulations to you and your stunningly beautiful cats.  My favourite is the handsome Pinball, I can't get over how huge his darling ears are.  If he's ever looking for a new home, I'd like to be on the list, please

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 20:25:31 PM »
 ;D

They look so relaxed about it and are all beautiful cats - I have a soft spot for Star though!

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
A Little Show Brag!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 20:18:09 PM »
Yesterday I took Minxy (Sunrise Sunset), Star (Starlight Express) and Pinball (Pinball Wizard) to a show down in Wigan. It was a new venue and it was really nice, the rows were very well spaced out and not one cat all day at the show went potty (usually there's at least one that throws a hissy fit) and it was nice to see all the cats (and exhibitors!!) looking so relaxed.

It was slightly chaotic for me showing 3 cats on my own though especially when 2 of the cats were in a side class together!

Competition was very stiff with so many absolutely stunning cats and the groups for Nomination and side classes were huge. I would have hated to be the judges making the decisions as at times it was so so close between the cats.

Pinball came 2nd in his class and he came 3rd in the Novice side class. I was so proud of him as he's only just turned 4 months old so he's a little baby and he was so good. He was perfectly happy in the pen and just slept all day apart from a mad 15mins with a pingpong ball before lunch  :evillaugh: He even let the judge hold him upside down like a baby!

Star won his class, won Best In Variety and was Nominated for Best In Show. He also came 3rd in the Breeder side class after the judge spent ages deciding between all the cats in it.

Minxy won her class, won the Nomination for Best in Show and also won the Breeder class! Minxy is a good girl and just sat on the chair next to me whilst she was waiting for the judge to finish judging the cat before her.

The judges kept asking me how old Star and Minxy were and confirming their date of birth etc as I think they were struggling to believe that they really were just 7 months and 5 days old as they are rather on the large side!

I cannot begin to express how emotional it was for me that both of Boopy's kittens got down to the final 3 for the Best in Show Panel. Neither of them won it but it was still an amazing day and I am so proud of both of them and my little Pinball  ;D :Luv:

A few photos from yesterday (not many of Pinball as he spent the day sleeping) 
Minxy

Star

Pinball

Link to CatChat