Author Topic: Marcus - At Canterbury Cats Protection - REHOMED!!  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: Marcus - At Canterbury Cats Protection - REHOMED!!
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »
I love this lad and I wish him so much love & luck in hie new forever home  :Luv: :Luv:

He is just like my Beau. xx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »
I don't see why the monks wouldn't spend hours playing with Marcus and talking to him. We have a Bendictine order of nuns in the next village. Their large B&W cat is often featured in the village newspaper and is much valued and loved as he keeps the rodents away from their vegetable garden. :Luv: He also helps by befriending visiting clergy on spiritual retreat.

I am sure Marcus will be fine!  :naughty:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:44:43 AM by Pinkbear (Julie) »

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 22:12:57 PM »
I am not totally sure Dawn but he went via CP Bexley how had this home lined for for him...He has been in our care for many months and it was a choise we had to make to get him into a nice home..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
Ahhh well done Marcus ....  I don't think it will matter if they have a taken a vow of silence ... most cats are happy to live in silence anyway (it makes it easier for them to hear the mice!).

I'm sure he will be very well cared for and loved by the monks  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »
hopefully they'll be Franciscan!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:53 PM »
I do hope thay are gonna talk to him and play with him

Yes, lets hope they haven't taken a vow of silence  :evillaugh:

Luckily they don't throw cats off the belfry thesedays  :shify:

I remember when I collected him, there didn't seem to be any sign of him spraying. I think they made it up as she said her daughter (who didn't live with her) wanted rid of him. This is the same lady that I was going to show Alice to the day we found out she had a tumour.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:09:40 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
where abouts Sharon??

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 11:48:21 AM »
I am thirlled for this big guy - he's an absolute darling  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 02:11:51 AM »
I do hope thay are gonna talk to him and play with him.......he is so gorgeous and a bit like Sylvias Tabs  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 22:55:11 PM »
I've update the title for you, Sharon, great news!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Marcus - At Canterbury Cats Protection
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 22:55:03 PM »
Fingers crossed
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 22:52:32 PM »
Sorry i am unable to modify this post but it looks as though Marcus has found home at a monestry (sorry orrid spelling) after he was moved to another CP branch last week.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 14:49:12 PM »
He's GORGEOUS - My kinda kitty - A BIG chunky Tabby  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Good Luck Marcus xxxxx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Marcus - At Canterbury Cats Protection - REHOMED!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
 This is lovely marcus... ! We rehomed Marcus a few months back but due to owner having a few health problems and Marcus starting to spray we took him back in again.

Marcus isnt really a lap cat, but he does enjoy affection and cuddles. He is real character and would be fine in a household where he is his own boss. He does like to go outside.

In his old home he had started to spray, this is a sign of stress or something not quite right. Cats are remarkable creatures in that they do pick up from a households atmosphere any stress coming from their owners, because while Marcus has been in our care he is has not sprayed once and uses the cat litter tray no problem at all. Indeed he is very clean puss cat...

It may be that Marcus just needs abit of a quiet life and would enjoy the company of an adult only home. He is fine being left on his own but still needs outside access if you are out at work all day. It would seem that Marcus gets very stressed around other cats (hence his spraying) so we would like to rehome him in a area where there isn"t loads of cats round the area (yes i know very hard), as although a big strapping lad we reckon his spraying started when he was getting bullied by other neighbours cats. A rural location would be ideal.

He does sit by your feet and enjoys stokes and cuddles but isnt really a cat to be fussed over continually.

We would like to rehome him as an only cat, but supringly while in our foster care he has taken a shine to the fosters dog so we think providing you did sensible introductions he would be fine with a cat friendly canine.

Marcus probably needs a home where the owners have had some cat experience, he isnt really a cat for the first time cat owner.

Marcus has been neutered is fully up to date with vac and is chipped.

Marcus is around 4yrs old.

JUNE 21ST UPDATE ON MARCUS
Marcus has come a long way whilst he has been fostered. Where he spent the first few days behind the sofa now he has a comfortable routine (which he likes, makes him feel secure), is fed twice a day and a few biscuits at midnight if he has eaten everything.
He loves to roll over and wave his paws whilst you rub his back with your feet but beware as when he tires of that, he likes to shred your feet. Hes still very nervous - any sharp movements scare him and so do surprise noises. Finally jumped up on to the settee and sat with me last night for a while - huge thing for him to do.

Whilst he isn"t a lap cat at all, he does like company, being talked to and being made a fuss of. He needs someone special who understands his stress and axiety at some things, thus perhaps needs just that little more attention and understanding.

He would be best with an older couple or single person but definitely someone home a lot of the day. He would love a garden but must have a bolt hole in case of other visiting cats as he has been bullied and consequently is frightened of other cats. He needs someone patient and gentle who will work with him to ensure he has a stress free time and lots of affection. No children or other pets unfortunately, although he might tolerate another small dog

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 22:54:49 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Link to CatChat