Author Topic: £6.99 scratchers are back at Lidl's...  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: £6.99 scratchers are back at Lidl's...
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 07:10:39 AM »
I got the blue one today, they just put them out yesterday

Indy adores flinging himself through the hoop at the top :)

I had a blue one from when they did them last time round, within 15 mins of bringing the boys home as baby kittens they were flinging themselves through it too  :)  Enjoy it while Indy is little, give him a few months and he'll get stuck  :evillaugh:

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 00:56:10 AM »
I got the blue one today, they just put them out yesterday

Indy adores flinging himself through the hoop at the top :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 18:56:51 PM »
Riley sure is king of the castle bless him.  As far as I know Bonnie's only been inside it once and jumps on top of it as a stepping stone to the window sill.  Not caught her on camera yet.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 21:58:13 PM »
Finally got round to putting mine together, they already have the blue one but it's getting a bit tatty as they love using it so I'm saving the new blue one for when it finally falls to pieces!  As I was putting the beige one together I thought to myself there's no way Riley especially would fit in the cubby hole but thought it might be nice for them to sit on top of.  Within 10 seconds of it being put up this is what happened...

Riley and his power tools  :evillaugh:

Edit: He likes the top too! Lu has yet to discover it as he's sparko upstairs...

Double edit:

LuLu found it today, he likes it too - success  :wow:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 23:01:55 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 08:07:36 AM »
Mine wouldn't use them! ;) Astryd things the thing she should climb at the moment are our coats on the rack to get to the top of the door! :tired: The other cats have a scratchpost they favour. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 23:57:42 PM »
mine doesn't have them :(
 :censored:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 21:35:57 PM »
Hmm, looking at that first pic, I wonder if I have had mine upside down all the time I have had it?? Mine is the beige one, but it is a triangular bottom. Not changing it round anyway, the box is too small for them, but they like sitting on it (or using it as a step to the windowsill). SCratcher bit rarely gets used.
Please spay your cat

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 17:22:56 PM »
I picked up one today and so far Alfie has appreciated the new furnishing item to rest his head against :)

cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 22:24:12 PM »
My bonnie loves her new scratcher - she even jumped inside it, but was off by the time I got my camera!! 

I was a bit worried it might not be very stable but it is - it comes with 3 very strong screws to make it that way yourself.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 20:11:19 PM »
I've not been able to get there. So going to take my chances and see if there are any left tomorrow (when I can get the bus and have a spare pair of hands). I'm doubtful I'll get anything as I missed the last one.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Linda D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 20:07:45 PM »
I thought those beige scratchers looked a bit top-heavy and wondered how stable they might be so I got one of the blue ones.  Absolutely flipping typical!  My boy is getting more fun out of the blessed box the thing came in rather than the scratcher itself.  Par for the course really, he's got a cozy bed and two blankets and uses none of them.

The large carriers I saw in my local branch were plastic rather than fabric ones.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, just popped down to my local Lidle and got Bonnie one of the beige scratchers.  I'm off work today so I'll put it together this afternoon and HOPEFULLY she will use it because as you all know our dearest little ones only use 8 out of 10 things we buy - if we are lucky.  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 10:36:06 AM »
No towers in my local branch this evening and I didn't spot any of the dishes mentioned but I got my scratcher and noticed they had a few rather nice large carriers reduced to £4.99  Had my hands full rather full so couldn't get one but I'll be back tomorrow and pick one up if there are any left.  Ditto on the cat-treats, my boy absolutely loves them

Linda are the carriers fabric? I bought one and they're ace. :) Hmmm.....wonder if our branch has some more? :innocent:

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 09:46:53 AM »
noticed they had a few rather nice large carriers reduced to £4.99  Had my hands full rather full so couldn't get one but I'll be back tomorrow and pick one up if there are any left. 

Hi Linda,

We got one of these carriers about 2 years ago (when we first got Nina) and they are fab, they are more small dog size if they are the same ones? They are really sturdy and really big  ;D Highly recommended  ;D

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »
I managed to get a tower and a scratcher last night at mine.  The Tower is not the biggest thing in the world but I think the kittens will love it.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Linda D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 00:01:48 AM »
No towers in my local branch this evening and I didn't spot any of the dishes mentioned but I got my scratcher and noticed they had a few rather nice large carriers reduced to £4.99  Had my hands full rather full so couldn't get one but I'll be back tomorrow and pick one up if there are any left.  Ditto on the cat-treats, my boy absolutely loves them

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 21:02:41 PM »
Went this evening after work and no sign of either the scratchers or the wicker towers, wasn't even a price thing for the towers  :( Honestly I don't know who buys all the scratchers in my branch seeing as how it is very near our worst area for us getting cats in to rehome so they don't exactly go all out to look after their cats.  :-:  I don't think they must get many in and of course nobody works round there so they all go in through the day before us workers get a chance :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 19:31:02 PM »
Couldn't go til this evening as my car was in for a service, Wicker towers were all gone but there were plenty of scratchers so got one of each  ;D

Got the Coshida sticks too... Lukey was sat on the stairs so I poked one through the bannister for him, he looked at it like it was another cats poo before going upstairs in disgust, before I knew it Riley had sprinted round the corner, up the stairs and dove out of the bannister to get it. Recreated the moment with another stick and took a pic  :evillaugh: 

Riley with his very own pepperami

Lu then had some temptations all to himself in the bathroom while Riley was pawing at the door outside!

Offline ems

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 15:49:32 PM »
Well I've got mine  ;D

And another set of stainless steel cat dishes, our girlies love the coshida sticks too Tigerbaby  ;D

Oh and some prosecco wine for the summer (When it arrives!  :evillaugh: )

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 14:09:31 PM »
While you're there, also try the Coshida dental sticks - Jameson loves them,.

Also try the Rioja... it's divine. (for you not the cat  :evillaugh:)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 21:25:13 PM »
Just bumping this up as the Pet offers, including the super duper £6.99 scratchers, start tomorrow morning  :wow:

Offline Linda D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 20:03:09 PM »
Lidl is fantastic value for all sorts of wonderful things.  It's the nearest supermarket within walking distance of my home so I get most of my shopping there but they do have a restricted range of the cook-chill type of food items if that's what floats your boat.  Today they had under-ripe avocados for 20p.  Useless for cats but very handy for me.

If you're keen to get your hands on those kitty items I'd suggest popping in there before the sale starts on Thursday, my branch often puts them out in the store early and I've gone along there after work and found them all snapped up before now.  I went in this afternoon, but they don't have them out  but I'll be in there after work tomorrow and Tues and Weds, just in case.  I REALLY want one of those scratchers for my darling little boy.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 15:57:37 PM »
Will definately be going to Lidl for these, also the stainless steel metal bowls on the stand for £2.99. Our girls love theirs.

Will pick up a couple of the spakling italian wine while i'm there  :evillaugh: ;)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 15:52:29 PM »
I have never stepped inside a Lidl's before but make have to make a trip for a Scratcher  :evillaugh: (with a hat and sunglasses on LMAO)

What's wrong with Lidl? Or Netto? S'just a label. ;)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 12:14:11 PM »
I have never stepped inside a Lidl's before but make have to make a trip for a Scratcher  :evillaugh: (with a hat and sunglasses on LMAO)
and i like the Towers but will have to see how big they are as my cats arnt small  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 21:11:53 PM »
The wicker towers aren't very big. I love them and Netto was doing one not unlike the picture I've attached. I got really excited and my Mum gave me the money to buy one as part of my birthday present. When I got it, none of my cats used it because it wasn't big enough for a fully grown cat really. :( I ended up selling it on after just over a month to a lady with a kitten - who at least uses it!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 20:19:32 PM »
Just to say it pays to go on the first day of the offers if you want the scratch posts and probably the whicker tower as they don't get huge numbers in and they go like hot cakes. It took me three visits (three separate offer dates) before I got my hands on one of the scratchers. It has stood up very well to the demon Hobbes aswell  :rofl:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 19:40:54 PM »
Thanks - they look good value - like the wicker tower too.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
£6.99 scratchers are back at Lidl's...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 19:25:28 PM »
Ann posted about the Lidl pet offers in the bargain section, just had a look and it includes the £6.99 scratchers. They are worth a mention on their own as they really are great for the money :wow: In stores from 10th July - you can check whether they are doing them at your local Lidl by changing the store on the right hand side of Ann's link.  Ann is 'oop north' and I am 'darn sarf' and they are doing them at both our stores so looks like it's nationwide.

Here's the link Ann posted...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080710.index.ar10?OpenDocument&resetFilialDaten=1&id=295&zipcode=NE9%207JS&city=Gateshead&city2=Wrekenton&street=High%20Street&ar=10&EMID=09500E30EPDUP6EKJ808R016TGFIN

Link to CatChat