Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 14:16:37 PM »
Well we tried on & off for about a Month or so & Leo never really got over the hissing or swiping so we thought it best we just don't bother anymore. I think if Leo wasn't indoor & so territorial it wouldn't of been so bad but hey! There was no necessity for them to be friends , we just thought it would be nice..

Offline JadesMum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 14:09:51 PM »
after nearly 8 weeks, Lucy still hisses and growls at Tibby (my rescue cat) when he goes near to her. Grumpy thing.
Tibby goes up to her making little crying noises "please be my friend" lol
I really hope they sort it out. Like having grumpy kids in the house.
Amanda xx

Photos:-   http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/jadesmum_photos/

Mum to:-
Jade (Daughter age 7)
Lucy (Tabby Cat age 3)
Tibby (Male cat Black & White age 3 1/2  -  Latest addition)

Offline SuzeB

• Adult Cat
  • Maisie, Genghis and Fred. RIP Loki.
    • PubQuizzy
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 13:36:55 PM »
we had the exact same thing when we got the two boys but it all worked out fine its just a waiting game it takes time no i cant seperate the three boys they love playing together even tough gimlee was very hissy to start with

That's good to hear!  There was some more swatting last night, mostly because Genghis keeps following her.  But things do seem to be improving a bit.

Leo was like this with sis dog. One minute he was hissing & screaming at him, the next rolling all over the floor with belly exposed.. very mixed from aggressive to submissive!

Are they friends now Lisa?

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 12:45:42 PM »
Leo was like this with sis dog. One minute he was hissing & screaming at him, the next rolling all over the floor with belly exposed.. very mixed from aggressive to submissive!

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 18:54:36 PM »
we had the exact same thing when we got the two boys but it all worked out fine its just a waiting game it takes time no i cant seperate the three boys they love playing together even tough gimlee was very hissy to start with

Offline SuzeB

• Adult Cat
    • PubQuizzy
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 17:10:46 PM »
It was just that she was sniffing them one minute, then hissing at them the next!  Guess it just takes time.

The weird thing is, one of the kittens is much more confident than the other - I thought he (Genghis) might be a problem as he keeps trying to play with her.  Weirdly though, they seem to get along better, and poor Fred who is sitting quietly gets swiped at.

I guess she just wants to feel top cat!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 15:47:14 PM »
Normal - my lot love to sniff bums, its like an identity thing just incase theres a doppleganger  :evillaugh:

Offline SuzeB

• Adult Cat
    • PubQuizzy
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
She's 23 months - almost 2 :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:55:48 AM »
The kittens are trying to get Maisies most prominent smell - but she wants to initiate the situation! How old is Maisie?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »
Nah , she just wants to get to know them on HER terms , not theirs! ;)

Offline SuzeB

• Adult Cat
    • PubQuizzy
Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:55:31 AM »
As some of you might know, I am in the process of introducing my resident cat, Maisie, to my two new kittens, Genghis and Fred.

Well, last night we let them out of the box in her presence for the first time.  Maisie did have a swat or two and there was some hissing and growling but generally it seemed to go well.  The weird thing was, when their backs were turned, she'd go right up to them and smell their bums - I thought this was friendly cat behaviour?  Yet when they turned round, she'd hiss at them.

Mixed messages?  Or is Maisie just a bit daft?

Link to CatChat