Author Topic: Recommendations needed for Manchester cattery please!  (Read 3076 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Recommendations needed for Manchester cattery please!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 14:56:21 PM »
Thanks for that Susanne - very useful to know.  As I said. I may be needing a cattery this year for Korky.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 14:47:25 PM »
I actually live in south manchester so it's a good 40 minute drive for me but I was recommended it by a colleague who lives in Bury as her parents used it.   I'm really happy with the way they look after my cats.  Zoe the manager it is lovely and I always feel they've spent a lot of time with the cats and can tell me exactly how they've been the minute I walk through the door.  It's hard leaving them at a cattery but I feel totally confident that they get good care there and that they are being looked after by cat lovers who aren't just in it for the money.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 14:06:44 PM »
It might be too far for you but I use Tom's Cattery in Tottington.  They're great with my boys, esp Jaffa who's a timid cat and scared of anyone he doesn't know.

http://www.tomscattery.co.uk/

Do you live near there Susanne?  Its only a hop, skip and a jump from me.  At present Korky gets looked after at home when I'm away but that arrangement may not be able to continue so its nice to know that a local cattery comes well recommended.  Funnily enough, its the one I chose a few years ago when I thought I was going to need one (in the end I didn't).

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »
Sorry if anyone's already said this, or if you said its not an option but why not get a petsitter instead?

I strangely enough, also live in Worsley and I have a lovely lovely petsitter who ALSO lives in Worsley

I didnt know whether that was the right way to go at first, and my bf didnt like the idea of someone being in our house while we were away, but the things people said on here convinced me - my cats got to stay in their familiar environment, get treated the same, just had someone else feeding them!

Our pet sitter, in insured, LOVES cats and used to work for the RSPCA - when he came to our house one day and couldnt find Gerti he must have went back about 3 times just to make sure she was okay.

He is only £8.50 a visit - we are in fact getting him to look after our two at the weekend! :)

Animals at Home (Manchester West) Ltd
12 Blakefield Drive
M28 7DW

07837 959 297 (His name is Ray)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 16:04:39 PM »
Sorry Ive only just seen this. I take my cats to Leestock cattery in oldham. While saying that from worsely if you go by motoroway it isnt that far. M60, M62,A627M then take the middleton juction and leestock is just down there.
Its a quiet place which only does small animals so apart from cats there are sometimes rabbits in a separate pen.  Its not very posh but is clean and Helen who runs it has cats and obviously loves them. Mogs has daily tablets which they are happy about giving even when Mogs isnt happy about taking them IYKWM. They ALWAYS do the double door stuff and after my taking feliway for my cats have that in the pens as well.
The website is
http://www.leestockcattery.co.uk/
I hope you find somewhere you can be happy with
love
Tab

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 23:36:07 PM »
Thanks for your recommendations. 

The one in Tottington would be closer than my current one and so I will go and have a look at the weekend.

Claire xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 22:16:46 PM »
It might be too far for you but I use Tom's Cattery in Tottington.  They're great with my boys, esp Jaffa who's a timid cat and scared of anyone he doesn't know.

http://www.tomscattery.co.uk/

Offline Jen

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 21:57:22 PM »
Hi
We use the cattery attached to our vets in whalley range. The care is excellent. There isn't any open air assess but its in a busy area so probably just as well.

http://http://www.ashleigh-veterinary-centre.com/cattery.htm

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Recommendations needed for Manchester cattery please!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 20:57:31 PM »
Hi Guys,

I haven't really posted much on here since the button was paused on CC, but I have been reading and keeping up to date via Teresa.  I am the Claire that "tries" to help Teresa at Paws Inn!

I wanted some recommendations from those people who live in Manchester about the catteries they use please. 

I have a lovely cattery that I use up in Preston/Leyland, but it a good 40 minute drive.  I had a new addition from Teresa last year and he went with my other 2 (Garcia and Purdy) to the cattery in October and it was not a good trip.  He was sick twice  :sick: and also pooed and it was very distressing for him, me and the other cats.  I can't put us all through it again.  I LOVE the cattery as the lady is so caring and she texts me everyday telling me what the cats are up to!!  It was hard to find a cattery that understood how paranoid I am about leaving them and had the right standard of facilities and also one that doesn't have kennels attached as my cats are frightened of dog noise.

The bottom line is that I need to find one closer to me that has the same approach to caring for the cats and the same standards, but won't involve a long journey for my babies.

I have looked on the FAB site and there are none recommended in Manchester...so over to the lovely forum members to ask for which ones you use.  I know you all have just as high standards as me for your furry babies.

Could you let me know where you go?  I am in the Worsley area of Manchester close to the M60.

:thanks: everyone,

Claire, Sam, Garcia and Purdy xx

This is a pic of my babies - not great as on my mobile, but no time for the camera when they all sat in line!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat