Author Topic: VERY URGENT KENT FOLKESTONE WAY. CAT 2b PTS TODAY! FAB NEWS SORTED!!!!  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
The lady at the rescue said she works with autistic children and can imagine it could be very stressful for cats as the children don't know their strength and have trouble with understanding/respecting animals limits etc.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Well done everyone.

It sounds like this chap was at the end of his tether ... a child with "special needs", a wife who sounds very stressed and a big NO from all the rescues. 

Glad that kitty is now safe and will hopefully find a new forever home to call his own  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
WONDERFUL WORK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MARK AND MICHELLE GOLD STAR AWARD!
I have a message on the phone thanking everybody and promise of a donation to the rescue taking him. He is fully vac, chipped etc.

As for the PTS i think there is alot behind the scenes they have been trying to get him into rescue for weeks and weeks, but all full up.. The child and the cat are not the best of friends the wife is in tears and is having personal problems.. They have been to vets and also  had him checked out.. I think they were just desperate and end of the line.

The boss of the man was the one that stepped in and called me as he was the animal lover who couldnt take the cat due to dogs or something but didnt want to see the cat PTS.. I did manage to get the vet and yes and appointment had been booked... I did mention catteries but local ones were full up..

I think he does care but he has had to put family first.. all in all the cat is going to be better off in ahome without kids and other cats around.. Shame he didnt think of the actions of taking on a cutie kitten first of all..........

SO WELL DONE ALL.. AND EVEN BETTER THAT HE HAS TAKEN TIME OFF WORK TO DO THE RUNNING AROUND AS WITHOUT THAT I DONT THINK THIS WOULD OF BE POSSIBLE TO DO SO QUICKLY... POOR MARK WILL BE MAJOR SKINT WITH ALL THIS RUNNING AROUND HE IS DOING...!

One cat saved but Purrs.. I like that..

!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 14:34:23 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

ccmacey

Just because your an owner dosnt mean your a lover  :(

Glad pusskins has been sorted out  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Yes  :evillaugh:

It was the boss who phoned Sharon. I think the owner would have taken the cat to the vet otherwise.  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Apparently, the man's boss who is an animal lover had stepped in to try to help.

Sorry......confused.com here  :rofl:

So is the cat going to Romney house ?

Offline JadesMum

• Adult Cat
Thanks  :shy:

Don't forget Michelle  :hug:

The outsome would have been the same  :)

Sorry - Michelle too - well done :wow:
Amanda xx

Photos:-   http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/jadesmum_photos/

Mum to:-
Jade (Daughter age 7)
Lucy (Tabby Cat age 3)
Tibby (Male cat Black & White age 3 1/2  -  Latest addition)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Apparently, the man's boss who is an animal lover had stepped in to try to help. Sharon had offered next week when a space would be available but he wouldn't budge on PTS today.

I hope he donates at least what a PTS costs  :shify:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:54:31 AM by Mark »

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I have texted Jan back to let her know that You were speaking to Savana at the same time i was texting her lol
Great minds think alike ah Mark  :evillaugh:

Anyway, just read Sharons post again as i skipped through it and just started texting,  Can't believe some people  :censored: Wonder if they really would have gone ahead with PTS @ 4pm ?? Sadly they probably would  :censored: heartless :censored:  :censored:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Thanks  :shy:

Don't forget Michelle  :hug:

The outcome would have been the same  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:09:24 PM by Mark »

Offline JadesMum

• Adult Cat
Great work Sharon & Mark - as always - I think you are all brill - helping little furries in need.
 :best 2:
Amanda xx

Photos:-   http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/jadesmum_photos/

Mum to:-
Jade (Daughter age 7)
Lucy (Tabby Cat age 3)
Tibby (Male cat Black & White age 3 1/2  -  Latest addition)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
He is taking the cat himself after work and will see if he can leave early. He has also said he will give them a donation. I would happily but he was more than happy to do the running - so not all bad. Whew.

Looks like me and Michelle were speaking to 2 different people at Romney House at the same time - which is better than neither of us  :evillaugh:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Some folks are so  :censored: lazy and they use this PTS threat way too often. I could merrily thump  :censored: like this!!!

Well done, Mark!  :Luv:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
well done Mark.

But why the owner couldn't have done this - it makes me so angry  :censored:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I have been phoning all over and Romney House cat rescue have a space and will take him. I will see if this person will do transport otherwise I will do it myself if need be - but it looks like this one is safe  :)

I was just going to say that i have text jan from Romany house and she has come back and said yes !!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Wow, Mark that was quick! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
well done Mark!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I have been phoning all over and Romney House cat rescue have a space and will take him. I will see if this person will do transport otherwise I will do it myself if need be - but it looks like this one is safe  :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I'll crosspost in the Urgent section of Pet Rescue - you never know.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
fingers crossed, its always hard when they don't like other cats but I suppose if he did he wouldn't be in this position

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I am around now if anyone needs the number. As this is an emergency, I can collect if need be.

• Super Cat
Actually Dawn there is nothing more we can do this end.. i have called some local rescues but they having a hard time as well.. Not sure bad if he got on with other cats but not on his own... In theory this is all i can do and hope that someone sees this and takes it up..but spacewise we are full to overflowing..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
hope you can sort this Sharon

• Super Cat
VERY URGENT KENT FOLKESTONE WAY. CAT 2b PTS TODAY! FAB NEWS SORTED!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:11:30 AM »
This is urgent.. We have no space and this is outside our area. But i have an animal lover on the phone Paul who has his work mate Fallon who have a 2yr puss, vac (but no cert to hand at the moment), chipped and neutered that due to many many reasons has to be rehomed.. but no space for him anywhere. They have an austic child and puss Junior sprays constantly. he is very terrortorial and beats up other cats, the area has high cat density.. Not a cat that likes to be handled much..

Had since kitten, being fed and watered but its all got to much and an appoitnment has been made to PTS today at 4pm if no rescue found to take him..

We are FULLLLLLLLL! so if local rescues to us.... all i can do is put this plea out.. I dont even have the resources to transport.. The bloke Fallon is willing to contribute donations and transport (within reason)...

Can anyone assist this rather sad case... All that i suggested has been tried...

I have tried to say can he give us abit more leeway but that isnt going to happen..

THOUGHTS ideas pls... Its not going to be easy....

I will now be out most of the morning but will email the phone number to Mark and Pinkbear should shomething happen while i am away.. Its a work number and he can be contacted their..Not much more i can do here really...
I have also sent the number to MOD Gill who has it if need be..
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 14:33:38 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Link to CatChat