Author Topic: Reasonably priced cat visitor in Mid Bedfordshire needed  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Re: Reasonably priced cat visitor in Mid Bedfordshire needed
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 20:39:20 PM »
Well done - have a great holiday
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mikey
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 15:24:06 PM »
I have been lucky and found a petsitter from my area! (Mid Beds)
She is a lovely lady named Jan from a place called 'Kittysitters' and charges £10 a day-wow!!! ;D
So I will be going on holiday after all and now I have a bit left to spend :wow:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 20:13:55 PM »
That's what I do for neighbours Gillian.

Perhaps I ought to consider petsitting when tax finally bores me into "retirement". You know the more I think of it.....

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 20:03:30 PM »
I wish you were near me, mine lady charges £10 per visit and I came back to a load of dirty bowls in the sink

Oh no! thats awful, I wouldnt dream of leaving dirty bowls.  I wash the bowls up every morning and evening (as I would my own) and make sure they are washed and put away, sink and draining board clean etc before them come back - and I will even get the hoover out to tidy round (especially where I am at the moment - well I couldnt just leave the bird feathers all over the lounge carpet could I?!!! )

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 19:29:10 PM »
 :-: do you like your house? Have I not shared with you that Pippa has the energy of two boys?   :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 19:00:32 PM »
She only covers a limited area though Ruth so too far for your sister I'm afraid, although perhaps Pippa would like to come and stay with two handsome young boys  :sneaky:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 18:57:54 PM »
I'll let my sister know as Pipsqueak is not a cattery cat.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 18:35:35 PM »
She must be doing OK for herself as I saw her in a brand new Golf the other day (with her company details on the side of course!).  She petsat Tiggy when she had all her ailments, lotions, potions, tablets and supplements and Tiggy was fine when I came back.  It's a shame she doesn't cover the Beds area as I can highly recommend her.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 18:30:00 PM »
Helen if i ever manage to sell and move out to Bucks I'll def be getting your pet sitters number. I know I'm paying London prices but seeing what you pay makes me wonder.

£26 for a day in London  :-:

When I went away for 6 nights paid up £156 for the week. Had I lived out your way it would have only been £84  :-:  So even then £180 seems very high for the service. 

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 17:45:06 PM »
I pay my pet sitter in kind   :ahh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 17:05:30 PM »
I have had a few quotes. I don't want to pay more than about £120 as finances are a bit tight and its our only chance to go away and stay with friends. I've been quoted up to £180 :scared:which is too high. I do have some small animals like fish and rats but they only require feeding.
I'm hoping something will come up :tired:

That seems very high, my pet sitter charges £8 for one visit per day & £14 for two visits a day (in Bucks).  Are you sure that quote is not for a live in pet sitter rather than someone visiting the house to feed, sort trays, playtime etc?

Have just looked on my pet sitter's website, she doesn't cover your area but on her website she does recommend a sitter in Beds that she has worked with and is registered with NARP.  They seem to be more dog orientated but do offer a cat feeding service - says from £6 - £10 depending on location.  Covering these areas: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Dunstable, Hertfordshire, Sandy, Biggleswade, Stevenage, Letchworth, Huntington, Woburn.

Other Pet Sitters
If for some reason I am unable to fulfill your requirements then you might want to try the links below to find an alternative pet sitter. Please note I only recommend pet sitters I have worked with and who are registered with NARP.

http://www.homealonedogwalking.co.uk/

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 14:58:33 PM »
I have had a few quotes. I don't want to pay more than about £120 as finances are a bit tight and its our only chance to go away and stay with friends. I've been quoted up to £180 :scared:which is too high. I do have some small animals like fish and rats but they only require feeding.
I'm hoping something will come up :tired:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 14:15:42 PM »
I wish you were near me, mine lady charges £10 per visit and I came back to a load of dirty bowls in the sink

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 14:12:36 PM »
I charge £7 for one visit a day, £13 for two visits a day (I charge a bit more out of the immediate local area) but I don't charge any more for multiple cats (maybe I should LOL!) - as Ruth said, it depends what you consider a reasonable price. Most of my customers want twice a day visits, and I spend quite a lot of time with my charges, usually longer in the evening than in the morning. I sat round at one house last night, with two of my little kitty charges sat on my lap, for about 3/4 of an hour after I'd fed them and washed up the bowls etc., this was the first time they'd sat on my lap, so I felt very honoured :Luv2:

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »
Have you asked at your vets? My vets offer a cat sitting service and charge £8 a visit. If they don't offer the service they may be able to recommend someone.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »
Mine charges £10 per visit which is reasonable when compared with cattery costs for three ...

Mine is £13 a visit. That's not bad for London. I get 2 visits a day when I go away so it can be costly if you go that way, but there are options for housesitters as well who will do the whole toot for you for about the same price.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:23:25 AM »
Mine charges £10 per visit which is reasonable when compared with cattery costs for three ...

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 23:58:42 PM »
Hi and  :welcome:

I'd first do a search on Google for cat sitters in your area or those who service the county.

I use a service in London and they are very good, though they only cover London. It also depends on what you consider reasonable as a price. What might seem a lot is sometimes worth the peace of mind.

There are companies out there you just need to be dilligent in looking and getting them booked up sooner rather than later. Also make sure that they have the right police check/criminal background checks for all staff done as you don't want to be giving out your key to just anyone.

I've heard of this one, but I can't confirm what their services are like.

http://www.safehandssitters.co.uk/

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
Reasonably priced cat visitor in Mid Bedfordshire needed
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 21:50:13 PM »
Can anybody help me...
I'm supposed to be going away on July 12th-17th but If we can't find anybody who charges a reasonable price- Its a non event. :'(
Can anybody either offer their services or give me any info?
 :thanks:

Link to CatChat