Author Topic: Cheap Dog Flaps- where to buy?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Re: Cheap Dog Flaps- where to buy?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 12:53:06 PM »
Thanks! Just trying to get the cheapest one I can find as it's only for their kennel outside and will only need to last them until I'm allowed to buy them a shed and a bigger run for the garden.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
Re: Cheap Dog Flaps- where to buy?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
Don't know about cheap but I got a small dog flap from P@H for about £30. I think you can get them cheaper from Argos - it's the standard rectangular one but twice the size of the cat one. As it's got a long magnet it stays shut a lot better than any of the rounded ones that just have ickle tiny magnets. All three cats use it - I wont say happily because Sammy hates it and refuses to use it unless there's no-one home (to see him?). The P@H one comes with a free rubber flap, and to lock it you basically slide a bit f plastic across it, so it's not a 4-way one or anything.

I used to have a 4-way one, but I locked the cats in once s I could catch Sammy and take him to the vets, and forgot to unlokc it before we went. Seth decided he was going out anyway..I assume he just went through it at full pelt, the lock was in bits when I got home and he was outside...
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Cheap Dog Flaps- where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 18:26:08 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap dog flap from? Doesn't need to be anything fancy just a basic one to go on the kennel in the cat run. If I can get one that can be locked shut it would be handy but by no means essential.

Thanks!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Link to CatChat