Author Topic: New to CatChat...New to being a mummy to Kitten's  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
Re: New to CatChat...New to being a mummy to Kitten's
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 07:34:58 AM »
how cute!!! :drool;

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 23:46:11 PM »
at last they are here!

good luck for thrusday Hannikat.

TF

Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 22:16:32 PM »
oooooooo good luck on Monday! not fair though I have to wait until next thursday  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 21:38:29 PM »
;D
i am so excited...i had a message from the current owner of the kittens last night and he wants me to collect them on monday night, i am so pleased K-day is finally around the corner!

TF

How exciting  :wow:  You best get shopping  :evillaugh:

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 16:48:35 PM »
 ;D
i am so excited...i had a message from the current owner of the kittens last night and he wants me to collect them on monday night, i am so pleased K-day is finally around the corner!

TF

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
Have you a spare bedroom or study? Or even the dining room, kitchens have so many places you wouldnt think a kitten could fit through.

There was a very sad story of a purrs cat going missing only to be found a few weeks later under the cupboards, she didnt make it  :'(

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,15850.0.html

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »

i have thought trough the kitten proofing i was going to limit them to the kitchen for a while unil they get their bearings, but i think there are too many appliances to get trapped between or under eg down the side of the freezer/wall and behing the fridge etc.  i have been saving newspapers so i might roll loads up and stuff up those gaps what do you think?

I did the same, put loads of rolled up newspaper under the fridge and around. Polly did actually manage to get behind it though, she must have jumped. I could hear her squeaking but couldn't find her anywhere, looked behind all of the newspaper and her little face was looking at me!

my husband does not know we are getting 2 yet so i plan to get them with similar markings so for a few days he may just think they are the same cat as long as they are not in the same room as each other when he is around!!!!

Fantastic  :rofl: that's the sort of thing I'd do  :evillaugh:!!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 18:50:58 PM »
i have thought trough the kitten proofing i was going to limit them to the kitchen for a while unil they get their bearings, but i think there are too many appliances to get trapped between or under eg down the side of the freezer/wall and behing the fridge etc.  i have been saving newspapers so i might roll loads up and stuff up those gaps what do you think?

I bought those silver foamy insulating tubes that you are supposed to put around radiator pipes, I then cut them in half and wedged them in the gaps.  You can get them in B&Q etc

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 18:38:18 PM »
Mojo, i live inWellington Near Telford but i know Shrewsbury very well as i used to live on Abbey Foregate when i was a student at SCAT

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 18:36:53 PM »
Thank you all of you,   :thanks:

they will be 8 weeks when i get them which is next week...i am so excited, i don't know the sex yet.  i will hopefully find out tonight. 

i am really looking forward to shopping for them, bed, toys, bowls etc, ihave decided to get a hooded bed because they are currently living under a bed i thought a hooded one will make them feel secure.

i ahve not yet bought anything because i don't want to tempt fate i will start shopping for them at the weekend. 

my husband does not know we are getting 2 yet so i plan to get them with similar markings so for a few days he may just think they are the same cat as long as they are not in the same room as each other when he is around!!!!

they are going to be so loved

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 16:40:17 PM »
Kitten proofing - prepare to lose all that you like about your home  :evillaugh:

How old will they be when they leave mummy? --- just noticed your other post!  :doh: :doh:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 16:43:29 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 13:56:36 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs..... :)

Bet you cant wait for your new furbabes to arrive!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 12:10:29 PM »
Hey Rhiannon, whereabouts in Shropshire  are you? I am in Shrewsbury!!!

Welcome to Purrs :welcome:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Rhiannon.  There are plenty of people here who'll be able to give you good advice.  You might like to have a look at some of the links on http://www.catchat.org/health_care.html as a starting point?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:38:40 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

How exciting for you  :wow: My advice would be to start looking around your house now with a view to 'kitten proofing' it, block off any gaps, make sure wires aren't accessible etc.  Oooh, and start thinking of names - do you know what sex they are?

I was in the same boat as you recently, I adopted my two kittens after losing my childhood cat.  I'd forgotten just how much hard work and of course fun kittens were  ;D

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 23:34:58 PM »
thank you again you are a star

TF xxx  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 23:00:30 PM »
Hi Rhiannon,

Welcome to Purrs.

I have replied on your other thread with my recommendation for litter.

I would also recommend registering for your free Felix Kitten car pack:  http://www.catslikefelix.co.uk/default.aspx  and a free Whiskas Kitten pack http://registration.mars.com/oods/WhiskasCarePack.aspx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
New to CatChat...New to being a mummy to Kitten's
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 22:42:59 PM »
Hi i have beem on the site on and off for about 2 weeks and thought it was about time i introduced myself...

I am 26, live in shropshire, a dental nurse and married for 5 years, owned a cat as i was growing up but she was killed by a car, i was very sad and didn't take it well,holly and I were soulmates.
 I am currently looking to buy a house and i viewed a house, didn't like the house but the owner had 4, 4 week old kitten's, the mother looked just like Holly, black and white a very fluffy/longhaired, i imeadiately fell in love with them, i basically stalked the owner before he agreed to let me have first pick, i do feel sorry for him, after all i did know where he lived!!! one day i will tell my babies about the missioni went through to get them.

i will see them for the 2nd time hopefully tomorrow and will ask about, current litter, food, etc

i am so excited because i will hopefully collect them next week.

any advice and hot hints and tips on kitten care will be well received, although i had Holly from about 12 weeks it was a long time ago and i had my parents to share the responsibility.

Love

Rhiannon (ToothFairy)

xxx

Link to CatChat