Author Topic: Wendy & Tibby 2 x 12 year olds need homing together - Whitstable Kent  (Read 8837 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Wendy & Tibby 2 x 12 year olds need homing together - Whitstable Kent
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2008, 10:51:37 AM »
Glad they got somewhere - they are lovely cats and had been in a pen for so long  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 10:22:35 AM »
This must of been a duplicate posting as these two got rehomed a week or so ago.. They are now in the homing section
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2008, 10:02:38 AM »
aww, they look so sweet I do hope they get a home soon, everything crossed for them xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Super Cat
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 08:07:49 AM »
Still looking!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 07:32:51 AM »
Any updatre on these guys?  Hoping there is good news?

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Wendy & Tibby 2 x 12 year olds need homing together
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 15:16:07 PM »
Awwwww my heart has melted seeing these two, hopefully it won't be long till someones heart melts that can have them  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 17:46:58 PM »
I hope they dont wait much longer til they have a lap to sleep on. I would also like to know their secret of how to lose 3 years over night  :rofl:

:-[  :P @ MM  :evillaugh:

Their age is estimated as they were originally strays  :innocent:

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 13:20:38 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 17:12:52 PM »
I've sent something out to the list - we'll see what happens

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 17:10:29 PM »
I hope they dont wait much longer til they have a lap to sleep on. I would also like to know their secret of how to lose 3 years over night  :rofl:

• Super Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 11:27:14 AM »
Dawn anything to be done to get them into a home would be appreciated although of course we are in Kent and transport issue may be a problem for these senior puss cats.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »
do you want me to send something out to the media contacts Sharon - I know its never worked before but it is a quiet news time??

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 11:05:09 AM »
WENDY & TIBBS TWO FAITHFUL GOLDEN OLDIES WHO SEEK COMPANIONSHIP
Wendy and Tibby are two lovely cats that have sadly missed out in the last so many months on a nice home. The reason is that since January 08 they have been in a cattery due to their dotting owners poor health he was no longer able to look after them.

Wendy is a beatiful tortie who is slightly nervous of new people but Tibbs is a gentle giant of the cat world and all he wants to do is to be loved to death. These two have been with other all their lives and are totally inseperatable.. It is sad to think that they will spend the rest of their days in a cattery (even the most luxuious catteries around) are no place for 2 senior puss cats.

There story is one we hear all to often but sadly people pass golden oldies by because of the complete hang up that they wont live much longer..Rightly or wrongly that can be said for virtually any animal.. but isnt it nice to know  you have  full and happy life whatever your age.

These two are in fab health and have been dotted over in their 12 odd years of life. They don"t have a mean part in their bodies and are just cats that need a warm bed, uddles of companionship and a daily meal and stroke.

To that aim we are looking for a lovely nice quiet home for them both where they can go outside and view the roses and the changing seasons. Where they can have a nap in peace and where they can hopefully live future years in comfort of a tender hand to give them as much love as they can muster.

Older cats are NOT over the hill and they deserve our respect and compassion as any animal in their twilight years.

Both Wendy and Tibs have been fully vac but they have not been chipped. All our cats come with 6wks free PetPlan insurance (no matter what the age) so after that period should you wish to continue with the payments, you can be assured that if any future veterinary costs would be covered.

Please spare a thought for these lovely two cats in your heart!

They are currently in the care of Canterbury CP and as with all our cats homechecks are required. Should be outside out area then we would require co operation from another CP branch or rescue to do that for us.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:18:07 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Wendy & Tibby 2 x 12 year olds need homing together
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 21:58:27 PM »
I renamed it earlier but it didn't take - have done it again.

• Super Cat
Re: 2 cats been in cattery since January - owner in care
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 19:54:31 PM »
Can we pls rename the thread to make it more clear.. !

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 17:22:49 PM »
Please can this thread be moved to rehoming? - thanks  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Sharon has asked me to amend this thread as these cats are now available for rehoming. They are vacced but not chipped at the moment. They will have to go as a pair. They have been living in a pen since January so deserve a lovely home  :Luv2:

Please can a mod move this thread to rehoming - thanks  :)

Wendy & Tibby  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 15:51:33 PM by Mark »

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 20:45:27 PM »
Hi Sharon aka Mrs Speilburg  ;),

When I was a young whippersnapper, my best buddy used to do Saturday work with a dodgy second hand car sales dealer locally in Fulham. The only thing guaranteed with thess cars was that they would break down sooner rather than later. My buddy was always artistic - wordsmith, drawing, etc.

I used to go to and look at the blackboard descriptions of the cars including This Weeks Special Deal. Their sales went up when he started to describe vehicles. I once asked him if he felt guilty about his descriptions. He said No. What do people expect for £100? Times have, of course, changed.

Whilst I am not advocating that anyone lies, especially as it involves the life of a cat, it did show me at an early age that is more than one way to make something more appealing and attractive without lbeing deceitful. Clearly with cats, this is more restricted as nobody wants a cat to be returned to the cattery. Wizz has a wonderful way of describing her sponsor cats, so you feel that you know them - even if you haven't met the cat. She has a very switched on approach.

My old buddy is now living in his native Greece using his spare time to help out a local wildlife rescue, whilst trying to re-educate people about animals. Another uphill task but extremely worthwhile.

Keep up the great work.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 19:58:16 PM »
I try my best.. !! But Pete i will having you crying when you read some of the stories i can write about some of our oldies... I rehomed Gus a 16yr old puss with thyroid problems on verge of PTS next day with some hollywood prose Spilberge would of been pround of and would of no doubt  hired me!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 19:58:58 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 19:33:56 PM »
Hi Pete,

Sharon always goes out of her way to make sure the right cat/s go to suitable people, unlike my mum who only today was bemoaning the fact that after asking for an older lap cat was talked into taking a young cat who has no interest in being fussed or sitting on laps, beds etc and that is two years down the line!. It's early days for these two but I'm sure the right people will come along soon - I bet Sharon is feeling optimistic after rehoming diabetic Charlie to a lady magistrate who already has a diabetic dog  :)
Anyway, as sharon is rehoming, she does all the blurb and it seems to work  :evillaugh:

I guess we will have to wait until Sharn gets the all clear from the solicitor first. Sharn spends a lot of time with individual cats and you can tell they (especially Tibby) adore her.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 19:19:37 PM »
Hi Mark,

They are simply gorgeous. I always find it particularly upsetting when cats are constantly overlooked. In those circumstances they need to have a special description to show their individuality and make them different from the others; creative descriptions although based on fact.

It used to anger me when the local CP co-ordinator ( a miserable myopic woman who many felt would be a millionairess if she offered to haunt houses for a living instead) used to describe each cat in a monotonous similar way. It was her way and that was that; no discussion. All the cats ended up sounding the same, dull and boring and their individual characteristics, which are more often than not enchanting, were simply overlooked. To a potential owner, it was more like which packet of breakfast cereal shall I buy.

Anyway I digress. Tan's suggestion sounds a good one.

My heart goes out to the owner who clearly does not want to give them up. It is a horrible situation to be in.

Do CP offer any guidance these days on portraying the positive aspects of senior cats or cats who have been in care a long time more positively? They never used to but it is an area that should be addressed. Nobody said it was easy.
I am so pleased that you are not splitting them up. As I have said before I get a good feel as to how you and Sharon do things.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »
Beautiful cats - I do think it is so sad when the owners have to go into care, it is traumatic enough to have to go into care without losing all your possessions as well.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:18 AM »
Ahhh what wonderful furbabes ... it's so sad that their Daddy may not be going to see them again.  I totally understand why he wouldn't want to sign them over .. it's probably the one thing that's keeping him going.

In situations like this I always think it would be lovely idea to take some nice photos of the kitties and send them to the owner with a little note from the cats saying something like thank you for caring for us.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 09:02:15 AM »
You can tell that they would settle in straight away. I was really taken by the tortie  :Luv2:

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »
I spoke to Sharn yesterday and until the solicitor has got permission to sign them over we are unable to rehome them.. Another week i think...Then a news flash and some crossposting will i hope succeed in getting them a nice new home..

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 23:03:27 PM »
Mark can we pop these two on the news flash ?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 18:49:30 PM »
Awww poor little huns  :'(  If I can help in any way putting a plea out, let me know  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks Dawn  :hug:

Sharn needs to get the solicitor to give a signed authority first - otherwise legal would go ape  :evillaugh:

They really are lovely cats  :Luv2:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 16:44:41 PM »
They look like wonderful cats. I hope they find somewhere together soon  :Luv:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 16:18:59 PM »
How sad, i hope they get a home soon  :Luv:

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 15:41:36 PM »
Mark that lady is seeing Pru today.. I couldnt get her to take two.. which is far enough baring in mind she was a senior lady.. I havent heard from Paula yet though about the outcome!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 15:32:45 PM »
I just noticed that I didn't put in the first post that they have been in a pen since January  :'(

They are really happy and contented though  :)

It's a shame the lady I homechecked last week won't take 2 as she would have been perfect. I wonder if she can be persuaded by Sharon?   :shify: - she is only about 2 miles from the Cattery so I could run her over there if she wanted  ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 15:33:39 PM by Mark »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 15:28:33 PM »
Awww poor little huns  :'(  If I can help in any way putting a plea out, let me know  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 15:27:33 PM »
Can you remember the girl's name Sharon?

Sharn told me the boy purrs really loud. I have heard loud purrs but the volume went up & up & up.
He also lifts one paw up when Sharn fusses him, just like a dog  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 15:29:31 PM by Mark »

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 15:25:38 PM »
I am going to see if we can get these on Catchat,,, if we now have permission to rehomed them while still at Sharns..

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 15:04:50 PM »
How sad for them all

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 13:59:08 PM »
The old man took them both in as strays and you can tell they have been well cared for  :Luv2:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 13:24:35 PM »
What a gorgeous pair of cats  :Luv: - I so hope they find a wonderful home.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 13:19:00 PM »
What lovely cats. :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
This is the girl (I forgot her name  :-[ )
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 15:47:09 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Wendy & Tibby 2 x 12 year olds need homing together - Whitstable Kent
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 13:17:05 PM »
The man doesn't want to sign them over as he believes he is coming back home but the solicitor is adamant that he won't be returning home - The solicitor is going to take control of the situation. The cats are very happy in the cattery (both purr for England  :) ) but it's time they had a proper home  :Luv2:

They are both around 15 years old.

This is the boy, Tibby  :Luv2:

They would have to go as a pair  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 13:21:01 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat