Author Topic: Do we spoil them too much?  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
Re: Do we spoil them too much?
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 22:32:00 PM »
Ours get spoiled often  :evillaugh:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 22:20:16 PM »
I think he's getting hot now as he's lying stretched out with his head hanging off one side and his back legs hanging down the other.  If he doesn't get down soon he's going to fall off.  I'm not a mean meowmy like you, Gwen.  If I'm going to get him down I'll have to make it look like it was his idea.

My lot agree with you that I'm mean and want to come and live with aunty Susanne :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2008, 22:17:03 PM »
I think he's getting hot now as he's lying stretched out with his head hanging off one side and his back legs hanging down the other.  If he doesn't get down soon he's going to fall off.  I'm not a mean meowmy like you, Gwen.  If I'm going to get him down I'll have to make it look like it was his idea.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2008, 22:10:20 PM »
just shift him woman :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

what use will you be if you faint? :shify:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 22:18:28 PM by Gwen »
Love me,love my animals.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 22:07:01 PM »
I'm sat here sweating buckets with a fur rug Mosi on my lap.  I'm so hot and desperate for a drink of water, but I can't disturb him.  He's curled up. nestling into me like a baby.  I think I'm going to have to fake a sneeze or something soon to shift him.  I can't take much more of this!  It's like having a radiator laid across my lap.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2008, 13:58:04 PM »
Gwen you are terrible. Imagine not letting cats sleep where they want to. The violins are playing my friend... :naughty:

Lexy is well known for not budging when I sit down if she happens to be on the sofa... I tend to slide on and shift close to her and she moves only if she wants. I have been known to cramp up on these occassions.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2008, 13:54:32 PM »
Yeah but remember night time I feel like a real sardine,got OH,Cuddles (my doggie),Grwndi at the bottom of the bed all spread out and Ging has the whole pillow to himself :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

ccmacey

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2008, 13:46:22 PM »
I move Ollie when he nicks my seat, only because everytime I get up he is in there.

Harry will just not move off the bed, its his bed and he has a right to be there lol

I do get pinned to the bed by 2 cats either side.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 21:58:14 PM »
I feel like a bad meowmy reading this because mine dont get spoilled attall,if they are on a chair us hoomans want to sit on they get the boot off it  :shy:  [/color]

Shame on you Gwen  :evillaugh:... you should know by now that if puddies are in your chair, you find another one or sit on the floor!!   :evillaugh: :naughty: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 18:08:02 PM »
if they are on a chair us hoomans want to sit on they get the boot off it  :shy: 

:o :o :o

And here's me lying diagonally in bed between my 2 boys the other night, too hot and uncomfortable to sleep but not wanting to disturb the pair of them snoring away!

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 15:58:21 PM »
I feel like a bad meowmy reading this because mine dont get spoilled attall,if they are on a chair us hoomans want to sit on they get the boot off it  :shy:  They dont really have beds,they have our bed to sleep on but thats about it and they can sleep with us if they want.  Mine prefer to lie on blankets or sheets rather than cat beds,mine must just be odd  :evillaugh:  Plus with food if they dont eat it they can do with biscuits,I never go round offering them something else instead,I am a mean meowmy and I know it :shy: :shy:

I can see me being banned off purrs very soon :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2008, 15:51:20 PM »
So you got her a little brother then? Sorry if i missed it elsewhere, whats his story?
Your v.bad for offering go cat to your gang  :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 13:11:08 PM »
Ours have us very well trained and we fed Go cat biscuits to the mob on Sunday night with Whiskas Cod and even the outside cats turned their noses up - all wet food gone and biscuits not even being eaten by the dogs!

How quickly our outside banfd of ferals and dumped baes get used to Royal Canin, Hills and Purina biscuits!!!!!!!

The vet will retire early on our 12 monthly visits a year with at least 6 at every appointment for a mixture of Prgram and Boosters - thank goodness there's been nothing to major in the oops we were only playing to inflict serious injury!

We also have 1 female Spey - Gem, 5 lots of ID CHips - Miss Cissy, Ragamuffin, Smudger, Gem and Brodie plus all need full boosters and Program and then the usual July visits oh and Sky is being done to and the vets charge by the kilo for the dog!!!!!! :Crazy:

Alo will be later in the year all of the above for Beijing and her new brother!!!! :innocent:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

ccmacey

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 00:44:52 AM »
We work to keep them,

Have you well trained dont they  :evillaugh:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 22:47:07 PM »
I buy everything in pink for Jameson. And his favorite blanket has paw prints on it!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 22:39:11 PM »
pink camouflage pattern material (sorry Mark  :rofl:)

:sick:

Still it could be worse, it could have paw prints  :evillaugh:

Sorry Mark I have beds with pawprints on too (they aren't pink though)  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 22:33:09 PM »

:P to Mark. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 20:57:18 PM »
You'd never catch me spoiling the Team  :innocent: :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 20:31:47 PM »
Oh yes, we spoil them way too much.... but we love it!

Even OH, who is very particular about stuff - he now sleeps in the weirdest, funniest positions in bed, so that Jameson can stretch out wherever he likes.. we work our sleeping positions around our cat! And its damn uncomfortable!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 18:46:24 PM »

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 18:46:43 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 18:19:44 PM »
I know what you mean, I'm currently looking for a new sofa and have discounted quite a few because they aren't suitable for the cats to sleep on the arms or the back :Crazy:

Went to the pet shop today to buy the boys' Royal Canin and spied a fab bed in the window, it's pink camouflage pattern material (sorry Mark  :rofl:) and is one of the ones shaped like a small house. Do they need it - no, will they use it - probably not, will I end up buying it - of course  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 16:30:24 PM »
I have to add to this again now, we are desperate for a new bed, we currently have a bedstead but we're going for a divan and headboard but I refuse to order it until I find a headboard which Jess and Milo can sit on like we already have.

The people in the bed shops seem to think I am mad when I measure them and say its no good. Hubby is getting quite fed up now too but its important.

We did something like that. We were thinking of replacing the sofa in the kitchen with a carved bench but wer saying the back wasn't wide enough for cats to perch on - ther woman thought we were mad  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 16:21:59 PM »
I have to add to this again now, we are desperate for a new bed, we currently have a bedstead but we're going for a divan and headboard but I refuse to order it until I find a headboard which Jess and Milo can sit on like we already have.

The people in the bed shops seem to think I am mad when I measure them and say its no good. Hubby is getting quite fed up now too but its important.

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 15:15:22 PM »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 13:56:10 PM »
Our "Garden" is like steptoes yard for cat convenience.

Top - Manky of bit of carpet that should have been thrown out a couple of months ago
Dog kennel for Kylie with old fleece on top to keep the heat out
Fleece on floor for Alice
Pillow on concrete, next to fishing chair with cat-blanket  for Kylie

Even when we get it done properly, I'm sure it will be designed for the cats  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 13:57:11 PM by Mark »

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 13:31:52 PM »

We bought a new chair last month and it’s in a wave shape the cats use behind the top and leg areas as beds! As well as sitting on the chair.

They have 3 other cat beds but prefer the computer chair or our bed ;)

When we get a new kitchen I have to make sure the counters & cabinets suit Lirael as she likes to jump up on top of the cabinets. I really need to put a fleece blanket up there for her (you can see her teethmarks on the corners!).

Everyone who comes to our house is warned that the cats come first, we have one friend who has no opinion of cats but was playing with Gizmo over the weekend (sucker).

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 13:27:45 PM »
Ah yes this sounds so familiar  :rofl: My house is full of toys, beds, scratch posts etc, I regularly wake up lying at an angle as I have two cats sprawled across the bottom of my single bed and I have an Ikea cat tent in the doorway and a tunnel in the hall  :rofl: Oh and I forgot about the box from my printer that Dylan comandeered as a bed and which now has a cat bed on top of it  :innocent: It's pay day today and my first reaction is ooh what can I buy my boys  :rofl:

So yes I spoil them rotten and wouldn't be without them, they just make me smile every day and I can't wait to get home from work every night to see them  :Luv2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 13:17:00 PM »
Have to say we work to keep the Clan Cats and Dogs in the manner they have all grown or are becoming accustomed to

We work to keep them, they have beds all over the house, folks sit on the floor when they visit as not to disturb the ferals.

We moved house to an isolated, non car environemtn with woods, garden, paddock and all the space they need and mortgaged ourselves to the hilt to ensure they would all be as safe as we could make their new home!

So yes we spoil them all and wouldn't have it any other way, in fact Jazz and Sky even did a sponsered walk yesterday to raise funds for our old CP! ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline lucy3

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 11:00:33 AM »
lol yes my pets especially cats are catered to in every way first
in am in ok day i go and put cushions around garden in their favourite spots some sun, some shade they actually wait and look at me before sitting on them
they have 3 scratching post the tall ones 2 down 1 upstairs, they even have own bedrooms when my dad and nieces dont use them which is once a week so rest of time they use lol
they tell me when its bed time and i listen (they are usually right i am tired but not giving in to it and once in bed glad lol)
then have one wrapped round my head goldie and one laid right next to me in a superkingsize bed and one on a cat bed on chest of drawers by me they love it
who am i kidding i love it lol they make every day worthwhile and give me so much least i can do for them
ive been ill for long time and got a recliner funded and at night im laying on it and trying fit me, 2 dogs, 2 cats lol and wondering why i cant move he he
we are silly arent we?
lucy   

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »
Erm doesn't everyone have scratch polls, cat beds and blankets all over their lounge, cats or not  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I spent last night sitting on the floor as I didn't want to move Milo who sat in my seat when I got up!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 21:26:18 PM »
I guess it is  :shy:

I suppose I will have to keep the bit of old carpet in the garden that is supposed to be thrown out as she has also claimed that  :evillaugh: - she is asleep on it now  :Luv2:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 18:08:15 PM »
Lovely picture of Kylie Mark... I think your OH is right, it's obvious that it officially became HER possession... it is rude to chuck out someone else's stuff, isn't it? ;)

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 16:12:14 PM »
:rofl: Sounds just like mine! When a friend visited recently she said, "Well I can see where the cats live but how about you?"  :rofl: :rofl:

:evillaugh: They must think we're mad, lol! A recent visitor was sat on the sofa and I realised I'd forgotten to move the cat donut perched on the top of the seat he was sitting on. I offered to move it (it was empty of cats otherwise he would have been told to sit elsewhere!  :sneaky:) but he thought it was a cushion for his head so I left it there, cat hairs and all!  :naughty:  :rofl:

Dee
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline Puffball (Louise)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 15:18:10 PM »
If we have anyone round, I have to clear the floor to avoid any accidents!

:rofl: Sounds just like mine! When a friend visited recently she said, "Well I can see where the cats live but how about you?"  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 14:51:26 PM »
My house looks like it's owned by cats who allow humans to live in it!   :evillaugh:

All three cats have various places they like to sleep depending on their mood and the weather. At present, there are 6 cat beds downstairs and 3 upstairs plus a huge cat bed in the bedroom that they allow us to share with them at night!  ;)  :rofl:

There are cat toys, bought and home-made, in every room and the garden plus bags and boxes that they like to sit and play in. If we have anyone round, I have to clear the floor to avoid any accidents!

Spoilt? Nah!  :innocent:  ;D

Dee
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 13:06:32 PM »
I just love Kylie she's a gorgeous girl!  :Luv: Me thinks she is just making sure OH dosnt venture out again!  :sneaky:

I have allsorts that you would not normally have on show scattered around the house! Good job I only have visitors that know my cats rule!  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »
Am shocked at all this spoiling going on  :evillaugh:  Id never spoil the benglies  ;)

:shify: :-:

My boys are spoiled rotten and they know it.  I daren't throw away cardboard boxes that they love.  I have some in the hall that have been there for months.  It's like negotiating an obstacle course every time I try to get in and out, but they're happy!

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 12:37:36 PM »
Am shocked at all this spoiling going on  :evillaugh:  Id never spoil the benglies  ;)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 10:57:18 AM »
Is that a rhetorical question?  :evillaugh:

Kylie is just lovely  :Luv2:

How many beds does Lexy have in this house.. lemme see... :innocent:

At last count 6... for one cat. (I gave one of the rad beds away) yet chooses to sleep on the rattan tray on my desk  :tired:

Oh.. two Ikea tents.. both well used, I moved my living room around so Lexy could lounge by the bay window up high.

Heating stays on all day in winter for her.

An endless supply of toys.

So no.  :naughty:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »
Why else would I have cats? Mine all come into rescue late in life, so they deserve to be spoilt. Some of mine do sleep in odd places, and if they want to sleep in a particular place, I will happily put a bed there for them.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat