Author Topic: Missing Black Cat - Croydon  (Read 6522 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Missing Black Cat - Croydon
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 18:18:13 PM »
Can't believe people actually do this. They have no heart.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 16:09:43 PM »
It would cost more than £30 to send him back from cameroon, would have cost alot to get him there which for some one who is 'not financially OK now' couldnt afford.

Sorry some sicko has done this to you  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 15:43:28 PM »
Definately a Nigerian scam - they have no scruples and prey on anyone vulnerable.  >:(

And trust me, £30 would be the tip of the iceberg - not that they have your cat. They just wade through the lost & found. They have scams for everything.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 15:46:40 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:20:01 AM »
Heartless scum!!!  >:(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 10:58:14 AM »
Scam Scam Scam .... please delete it and make no further contact with them.  These people are heartless and pray on your grief.

WHO makes a pleasure trip to Camaroon with a cat?????? 

I'm sorry you have recieved this type of email and I hope and pray Pumpkin is back home with you soon.  :hug:

Sam xxxx
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:01:49 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:08 AM »
Please just delete it, it's an absolute scam.  Hope you are reunited with pumpkin soon  :hug:

Offline Susperia

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 04:39:39 AM »
Hi all,

I recieved this email, I'm not sure about it because I have had similar scam emails similar to it before:

I am in possession of your pet‏

I found him on my way to a friend's place

I am so fun of it and he beginning to be use to with me

That is why when I was travelling I decided to go with him

he is taken good care of .

I you really need him just send me £30 for me to shipped it to you cos am not financially OK now

I travelled to Cameroon for a pleasure trip with my  friend as touris and will be back lately

Attached is my pic

There is a picture of a lady attached, I sent a reply just now so no response yet. Just not sure what to make of it really.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:40:36 AM by Susperia »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
...Also remember to check the area's you have already checked....Cats have a knack of being quiet when they want so he could of missed your call!  ;) :hug:

Offline Susperia

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
Thanks Tigerbaby  :)

I'm going to have a look around the areas you mentioned and we are posting up more posters so hopefully we'll get some responses from them - will let you all know and thanks for all the good luck messages!

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 15:18:21 PM »
Hi Susperia - I am the one that have been emailing you (im in croydon). Still keeping my eyes out for him incase he happens to wander past - we have a lot of random cats in this area, all looking healthy luckily! I'm sure he's not far away :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »
Sending positive vibes for your furbabes safe return~~~~~~~Good Luck!  ;) :hug:

Offline Susperia

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 11:25:11 AM »
I think I have done just about everything on the tips page, I'll be posting up some more posters though and just keeping my fingers crosed I think.

It helps to hear about people finding their cats 3 months on though so thanks for the reply :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 16:40:43 PM »
I am sorry to welcome you to Purrs in these circumstances, Susperia.  Have you seen Sam's tips?  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4304.0.html

Don't give up hope: a little while ago I reunited a cat and her owners after she had been missing for three months (she turned up in our garden) and similar things have happened to others on here  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Susperia

• Kitten
Missing Black Cat - Croydon
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 16:21:40 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums they were recommended to me so I thought I'd see if I have any luck here  :)

My cat Pumpkin has been misssing since 28th April from Wentworth Road, Croydon. He is almost 2 years old, black, neutered and microchipped. He is friendly, he has quite big ears/eyes and distinctive fangs and he was wearing a black vinyl collar with a yellow bell. I've attached a couple of photographs.

We have posted up posters, put them through letterboxes, someone calls him every night, we've tried walking around at night calling him to see if he appears from somewhere but no luck :(

He has always been the type of cat that likes being outdoors and he did go missing before for a week but we found him under some decking, we checked there this time but nothing.

If anyone thinks they might have seen him or has any information at all, please get in touch. We miss him terribly.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat