Author Topic: Good day at the Catica Cat Show in Gateshead  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Good day at the Catica Cat Show in Gateshead
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 21:39:27 PM »
Had another good day today with more gorgeous cats. There were some there today that weren't there yesterday, some Siberians, Selkirk Rex and a Toyger! We all fell in love with the most fabulous Maine Coon, he was huge  :Crazy: and stunning and we got to stroke him. He was made up to Supreme Champion today. There were more Bengals today too, some very lovely young ones, especiially the snows. We got talking quite a lot to a lady who had a Korat there, she was there yesterday too with a different one. He was a beautiful little chap called Neptune and he did very well. There aren't many of them around as apparently they often only have two in a litter and the few breeders there are are being very careful not to breed from the existing ones too much.

The very rare cat I mentioned yesterday was a Kahana, it wasn't there today though. There are only 22 in the world apparently so very very rare. It looks very like a Sphynx but without the fuzziness, it has no hair follicles at all, and it has huge ears. Can't say it was my type of cat tho, I like the large hairy ones  :rofl: - Norwegian Forests, Ragdolls and Maine Coons  :Luv: :Luv:.

We did well with our fundraising too and made around £300 so we had a good time and raised some dosh too. That will pay a third of our next vet bill  :rofl:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 00:10:33 AM »
I was at the Kendal one today and the lady I know won Best Persian of the show - she was that shocked I had to take her gorgeous cat to the stage because she was a bit faint! Some one asked me if I was the owner - was very tempted  :naughty: :evillaugh:

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 23:24:55 PM »
No that wasn't it, wish I could remember  :Crazy: I must find out tomorrow and write it down, will see if I can get a phot of it. There were some Pixie Bobs there too which I'd never seen before either. It's fascinating seeing breeds I've never seen in the fur (or lack of fur) before. Looking forward to tomorrow even though it mean no Sunday lie in  :rofl: The owners and breeders are lovely at this show, I had some great chats with them and they are so enthusiatic. Much more relaxed than the GCCF shows.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 23:08:55 PM »
There was also a very rare one there but I can't remember what it was called - similar to a Sphynx but much rarer, only a few in the world apparently.

Was it a Peterbald?
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 23:01:52 PM »
Sounds great Ann  ;D

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
Good day at the Catica Cat Show in Gateshead
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 23:00:44 PM »
Have been in cat heaven today as we have ben fundraising at the Catica show in Gateshead. Not as many puss cats as last year, only a fraction of the number of Bengals, but some stunning kitties nonetheless. The Norwegian Forests and Ragdolls were fabulous as were the Bengals that were there. There were two Turkish Van's there too, an adult and a kitten, never seen that breed in the fur before and they are very pretty. There was also a very rare one there but I can't remember what it was called - similar to a Sphynx but much rarer, only a few in the world apparently.

We are back there tomorrow so more kitty heaven for me  :rofl:

Link to CatChat