Author Topic: The Clan Cats vist the vet!!!!!!  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: The Clan Cats vist the vet!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 18:39:13 PM »
We have had a vet come to the house and it wasn't good at all - new vet and they wasted more Program than old nick to - she kept missing with the kids and at that point we decided to go back to the vets surgery - it also means that some of the nicer ferals get wormed as they freeze in the cat box so its a win win for us and usually the "new" vet gets to practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 18:34:12 PM »
Liz you definitely are a lady on a mission!  :wow: Would the vet not be able to come to the house to do the cats that only need their vacs done etc? Would be a great help to you me thinks.....I would also hope with the custom you are giving the vets....his/her home visit would not be charges as extra!  ;)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 17:40:54 PM »
I have enough trouble getting one there!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 16:53:45 PM »
Liz thats not very fair on the vet   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 23:49:53 PM »
I am pleased it went so well Liz  :rofl: :rofl:

What I cant understand though is why the vet didnt weigh a cage and then weigh cat in cage, its so much easier  ;D

I have to get Sasa to the vets soon and trapping her is gonna be a nightmare, she will be quite good once she is there unless they try to weigh her...........which to be honest isnt really needed but he is the one who told me how to weigh them and then he forgets so he has to be reminded  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 23:03:30 PM »
 :Crazy:  Sounds like a military operation there Liz, rather you than me!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
The Clan Cats vist the vet!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 21:00:04 PM »
Today we had Tiger, Sweetie, Sabrina, Storm, Shaile, Gracie and Jazz the dog at the vet - absent as Daddy let them out in error were Pebbles and Oscar

This is how the visist went!!!!!

Tiger - for boosters and Program and diabetes test (the one they send away that analyses 4 weeks of blood sugar leverl) - Tiger walks out of his box and lies on the table purrung and thus lulling the vet in to a feeling of relief - takes full health check and injectins well then vet lifts him to take through the back for the shave and blood drawing, 15 mins later Vet vrings back one grumpy former feral and vet has plasters on both hands!!!

Sweetie - He says she is in great nick for her age - never tell Sweetie she looks over 1 even if the certificate says 17 - she has also been the same weight for 15 years so his graph tells him and she takes her shots very well and then slashes vets hand in the area with no plasters and walks back in to the box with her tail swishing!  I did advise the vet that one should never discuss a ladies age or weight in front of Sweetie!!!!! 

Jazz - very well behaved although the vet did ask if she should muzzle her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Crazy:

Miss Gracie well behaved but indignant about being scuffed to be placed on the scales!!! - See gracies outcome in Health and Behaviour

so now at this point Robin and I change over and he takes in 2 crish cages - Storm and Sabrina and a grwoly normal box containing Shaile!!

Shaile - She has a little weight problem she weighs 5kgs and this was mentioned last year we should try and get her to loose weight well apart from language that would make a Marine blush she was quite good and weighs the same as she did 12 months ago - Vet quite Speechless by this point!!! ;)

Sabrina is a nasty feral tabby lady who although loves all cats has never quite learnt to trust humans and is a 20 min cardio vascular run usually trying to get her in the crush cage - she was in in 5 mins this morning - vet asks to weigh her - no advises Robin she is staying in the crush cage and as he has modified it to help vets get fingers in shows vet where to place hands whilst restraining a by now really p******d off feral - she got her Program and then vet asks to weigh her!!!!!  No she's fine advises Robin!!!!!

Last for this vist our she is a grey and white little soul and weighs about 5lbs wet through but in a crush cage looks like the Tasmanian devil with all claws flying vet by now is looking a bit green around the gills and Robin gets to do the injection!!!!

We also got Jazz's RC Food, Gracies A/d and Needles for Tiger

All this took 45 mins and I bet the vet will be ill if he's on for our next visit!!!!! :wow:

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat