Author Topic: More tummy woes  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: More tummy woes
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 16:18:07 PM »
Brilliant, well done you and Huxley

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 15:19:52 PM »
Sendinh lots of good wishes for Huxley! :hug:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 14:21:06 PM »
Its been pretty up and down but I think Huxley has turned a corner. Adding the tuna brine to his water got him drinking and he is now woofing down the Recover food. I am going to keep him on it for another couple of days but start adding his dried food to it. He is peeing and pooping again as well so am so relived.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 17:41:24 PM »
 :hug:

Lola had something similar sounding, they thought she had enteritis,3 days in the vets on fluids sorted her out, we never found out what caused it  :(

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 17:06:25 PM »
Poor Huxley, hope he starts to eat and drink soon  :hug:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 16:36:15 PM »
Thank you so much for the kind messages for Huxley.

Unfortunately Huxley is not doing at well today. He hasn't eaten or drank anything all day. His mouth seems very dry and after giving him his baytril I had to syringe feed him some water.

I went to my vets and got him some Royal Canin Recovery and I'm pleased to say he ate 2 desert spoonfuls of it. I have resorted to putting some brine from a tin of tuna into his water. He still hasn't drank any but is at least sniffing it so hopefully it will encourage him to drink. If he isn't eating or drinking better by this evening it looks like he will have to go into the vets tonight to be put on a drip. I tried the pinch test and his skin is falling back into place pretty quickly so that should mean he is not too dehydrated.

I am so worried about my little black furball. :'(

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 07:33:57 AM »
Poor little fella.  Hope his meds have started working and he is feeling much better :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 01:36:53 AM »
Sending healing vibes for Huxleys poorly tum~~~~~~ :ahh: Hope he is better soon!  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 22:19:33 PM »
Lots of cuddles to Huxley and hope the meds work  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 20:46:54 PM »
Don't have any advice to offer I'm afraid, just wanted to send positive thoughts for Huxley.  Hope the meds kick in soon and that he is back to his normal self in no time  :hug: Please give him a gentle head kiss from me and the boys  :hug:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
More tummy woes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 20:41:31 PM »
Well here we go again. Huxley was one of the cats that I adopted from CPL last October that had diarrhoea for 6 weeks. Yesterday he came home looking very sorry for himself and after observing him for an hour rushed him to the vet. He hunts a lot and from vets first reaction I was so worried that he might have been poisoned. However, he got through the night and has had no seizures etc so have ruled that out. He does have a very sensitive tum and is on a controlled diet of Royal Canin Sensible 33. The current feeling is that he has eaten something that really upset his tum and has given him gastroenteritis.

My vet gave him anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and painkilling injections last night and he really perked up until around lunch time today. Just before that I had to give him a tablet of Baytril which he hated and he has been really subdued ever since until the last hour. He is barely eating and he had to fast until lunch time today. I have only been able to coax him to eat a few pieces of his RC at a time. I am so worried about him. Spoke to the vet this evening and she said need to just keep observing him until the morning to give his system and the meds time. One of the cats had been very sick yesterday morning and must have been Huxley. Poor guy has become so thin looking in such a short time it has really shocked me.

I have to keep him separated from the other 3 cats so that he stays inside to rest and so that I can exactly what he is eating, drinking and leaving in the litter tray. He seems so lonely and his sister is pining for him so much. Its breaking my heart to see them like this.

Link to CatChat