Author Topic: Cats and nice weather!!  (Read 3455 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Cats and nice weather!!
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
Can ya blame him?  You should of taken him some catmilk to quench his thirst :sneaky:
Too right! I could do with an easy life like that!! He doesn't like catmilk though.

Talking about it... he's just come indoors... yay my kitty is back!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 10:59:32 AM »
Can ya blame him?  You should of taken him some catmilk to quench his thirst :sneaky:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 10:57:29 AM »
Jameson hasn't even slept at home - 2 mornings in a row I've found him in his new favorute spot: snuggled into an old rug underneath a bench in our neighbours garden. He loves it there! I got up at 7am and went outside and called him, and he meowed at me from his little hiding place. Good weather just won't keep him indoors!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 16:27:21 PM »
OK so am I the only one with 4 cats that would have been perfectly content to stay in today until we booted their lovely furry bums outside?  :-[

Your not alone, my 6 are nearly always indoors during the day, they prefer to go out from about 7pm
They are mostly on the bed at the moment, very lazy for their age  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 15:45:38 PM »
Well I am still in shock - Alice is quite happy in the garden with Kylie. They are well aware of each other's presence but no problems. I now know that Alice can use the flap to come in so next stage is to go out while she is in the garden  :scared: She can't get out as I know jumping onto the bed is a feat for her so a 6ft is out of the question.
It's a shame Willow is such a brat as she spoils it for herself by not getting on with any other cats. She likes being outside but I can't keep the other 3 in so she can be out - she will have to accept life as an indoor cat.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 15:37:37 PM »
Bilbo wakes up when I do (he always kips at the end of the bed on my side) comes downstairs with me, has a bite to eat then sits by the catflap shouting until I let him out. On a sunny day he's out until nine or ten at night, when he'll come him, have a bit of grub then flop onto the sofa next to us for a cuddle until we go to bed and carry him upstairs.

Baggins goes out in the morning for an hour then comes back in and sleeps until I get home from work and let him out. Then he's out for an hour or two at the most.

From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 15:29:35 PM »
Thanks Gillian yes I've seen Roz's system and it is really nice. I have a feeling it costs a few hundred pounds which I just don't have. I've seen the tree collars but our tree is so big and awkward. It's hard to explain but the majority of the back fence is taken up with the base of the tree and the shed, there is no room between the shed and fence for netting (but there is room for a cat) - and nothing can be moved.

I know it's a shame for Memphis which is why I feel guilty, I just can't afford cat proofing and won't risk his life. I'm not going to be living here for toooooooo much longer so when I get my own place hopefully I can make it up to him.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 15:24:29 PM »
anyone know where you buy the tree collars from??

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 15:11:06 PM »
Nope I can't afford it and it's not a straightforward garden to do. Whilst it's small the bottom is taken up by a MASSIVE tree and a shed right under it. All he has to do is climb on the tree and he's gone  :-: It doesn't have a single trunk either.

You can get speciall 'collar's to put round tree trunks to stop them climbing, and the shed can be catproofed too,  it seems a shame that he can't go out while everyone else is out and about. Have you checked out Roz's system? would be worth looking into cost, a few people on here have her system I think.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 09:08:56 AM »
Kylie spent most of yesterday in her new kennel. Alice spent the whole afternoon in the garden. I was worried as she has pinched Clapton's old spot and he was scared to go out there last week. Yesterday, he plonked himself down about 6 feet from her and started cleaning himself  :) They both went to sleep  :) - Alice has given up hissing at him  :) - When she eventually decided to go in, she stopped at the entrance of Kylie's kennel and hissed at her but Kylie didn't react. My mum thinks that elderly/sickly cats are given grace by younger ones  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:27:23 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 08:48:36 AM »
Den could you possibly catproof your garden so that Memphis could get out and enjoy the weather?

Nope I can't afford it and it's not a straightforward garden to do. Whilst it's small the bottom is taken up by a MASSIVE tree and a shed right under it. All he has to do is climb on the tree and he's gone  :-: It doesn't have a single trunk either.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 07:25:34 AM »
Den could you possibly catproof your garden so that Memphis could get out and enjoy the weather?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 00:34:15 AM »
Mine have been in out in out, Sasa took over the greenhouse and camped in there. Misa and Franta have been on the lounger and under it and Ducha just sprawled out on my bed in the sun  ;D

I think I am currently missing at least Misa and Sasa who areprobably out hunting in the moonlight....think it must be quite warm out there.....Misa is back and wanting his treats  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 22:58:17 PM »
My boys have been happy to lie flat out on the bed most of the day  ;D

MBll

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 22:00:01 PM »
Its all right for you lot that have gardens ...im trying desperately to get a move so wee can have 1 ...its sooo hard :(

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 21:52:31 PM »
Beavis has been loving the sunshine............................... he defiinitly gets friskier when its warmer! :rofl:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 21:46:37 PM »
I was gonna say the same - Memphis is insanely gorgeous.

Don't feel bad about keeping them in - sometimes I want to keep Jameson in, and away from the busy road but I know he would be very unhappy... I'm actually starting a new thread in a second about what I've just discovered about my baby.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 21:43:37 PM »
I just wish people could meet him as well to see his personality, he is hilariously unique.

His personality shines through in his pics  :)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 21:34:18 PM »
Thank you Helen, you made me feel a bit better knowing your boys are still the same .. especially since Riley and Memphis seem so alike.

Rosella. He's my first ever car so before I got him I read up on all the pros and cons of everything including indoor vs outdoor. All the stories about what can happen to outdoor cats scared me silly ... being hit by cars, poisoned, catnapped, fed by other people, being attacked by humans and other cats etc. I really couldn't cope if anything were to happen to him. Knowing his personality he is the sort that will get into trouble  :'( He's far too cocky and trusting so I made the decision to have him as an indoor cat. I do live in an area with a lot of cats, dogs, children, yobs, little old ladies and cars. Plus I'm only 3 doors away from a main road .. it's not busy, busy, busy but it doesn't have a fair amount of cars.

But thank you for your lovely comments about him  :hug:. I just wish people could meet him as well to see his personality, he is hilariously unique.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 21:26:03 PM »
Charlie has been out most of the morning and the latter part of the afternoon.  He has enjoyed himself with a Da Mouse game and then stamping on bubbles and relaxing.  He comes in and out sporadically for a munch and a wee

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 20:56:24 PM »
OK so am I the only one with 4 cats that would have been perfectly content to stay in today until we booted their lovely furry bums outside?  :-[

Sorry Den don't know Memphis' "need to be indoor" story but can I just mention he's absolutely gorgeous? :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 20:48:08 PM »
Picked the boys up from the cattery this afternoon, wanted them to settle back in before I let them outside but gave in after an hour or so.  They were so cute, they kept darting back in to check I was still there and hadn't abandoned them again  :)

Den, don't feel bad.  You have to make a difficult choice sometimes but I'm certain that the choice you made is definitely in Memphis' best interests  :hug:  If he's never been outside he really won't know what he is missing, whilst the boys thoroughly enjoy playing in the catproofed garden now they are not any happier now they have outside access as they were always happy, contented little boys just like young Mephis is  :)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 20:38:07 PM »
My lot have been hanging around like a bad smell. every time I go out into the garden they have been there, weaving around my legs and sitting on the fence staring at me (or whatever that interesting rustle is in the back footpath). And come five oclock, I had the dog lying on the floor, with smidgen sprawled in front of him and Esther sitting primly beyond - all staring at me (dinner time perhaps?)

Now they are upstairs, except the dog who is zealously guarding his dinner plate,  :Luv:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 20:34:27 PM »
I've been feeling soooooooooooooo guilty today. I went out and got Molly a paddling pool .. so today have spent the whole time outside. Mig's been enjoying running around the garden and his run. Been pottering around cutting the grass. Molly has had a brilliant time in the garden running around and paddling. Whilst Memphis has been stuck indoors on the windowsill  :( :'( I want him to enjoy himself, but I don't want to risk his safety. He has done some serious sulking today which is making me feel like a horrible person. But Molly and Mig are safe in the garden and Memph would be off like a shot.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Cats and nice weather!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 20:27:10 PM »
How many of you have ''lost'' your cats to the lovely weather during this weekend?? Jameson has no time to sleep or eat, and will only come inside every now and again for a hello and a stroke, but that's it - he's gone for the majority of the day. It's so sweet to see him so excited about the weather - he adores being outside and I just found him rolling around with his paws in the air on the shed roof. You can actually see a smile on his face  :Luv: :Luv:

Link to CatChat