Author Topic: My little boy Monty  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: My little boy Monty
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 00:14:38 AM »
Monty looks a very special cat and I love his looks .  Charlie also looks special and hope that he stops grieving for his little friend soon.

We all definately understand how you are feeling and when a cat is part of your family and is loved so much, it stands to reason that you will miss him and grieve for him. People who dont have cats do not understand this but we all do  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 23:47:16 PM »
Hi Chris

So sorry about Monty, he sounds like a very speciall and beautifull cat. Lots of us here knows how you are feeling and are here for you and your wife, when you need to talk, tomorrow is one year since i lost my Jim, he wasnt what one call a beautifull cat , he was different  :Luv: but lovely character and beautifull inside, for last two days i wanted to start a tread on his memory but couldnt bring my self to do it , i have just been thinking about him and crying i actually woke up this morning crying and only now that i read about little Monty and how you described him i really felt for you and your wife, i am sure as the others said with time it will get easier. sending you lots of  :hug: :hug:.

:RIP: Monty.

Offline bisley boys mum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 19:51:47 PM »
Hi Chris

So sorry to hear about Monty, nothing we can say will make it any easier, as its heartbreaking losing a beloved cat, i lost one of my two boys, 5 weeks ago so we all know how hard it is.

Monty sounds like a complete character and you need to think of all the happy memories, he will be playing at the Bridge now and Im sure my Benson will look after him.

we can all identify with what you say about people not understanding, if you havent had cats, you cant understand the close bonds they have with you and the huge personalities they have, but thats why we love them so much.

I hope Charlie will be ok, its very hard for him and all you can do is keep a close eye on him and give him loads of love - we are in same situation as TC lost his brother and he has seemed ok since, but has been ill which im totally convinced is stress. All we can do is reassure him, i hate leaving him to go to work now as i feel bad because he is on his own, but he gets loads of attention when we are home - he is my baby and im treasuring every moment with him.

Despite it being hard, just think how privileged you were to spend the time you had with Monty xx

Offline madpants

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Merlin the big fat black cat
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 19:05:34 PM »
So sorry to hear about Monty -
I too found this forum when i lost my lovely Willow at the beginning of the year, and without the support i received here, it would have been so much harder.

Sadly, there are lots of us on here who know exactly how sad you are feeling right now, but we are all here for you if you need to offload your feelings and thoughts  :hug:

When i lost Willow, i tried to keep my other cat's (Merlin) routine the same, and he seemed to get over her loss alot quicker than i did! (I suspect because he was getting
extra cuddles/treats etc!)

Keep plodding on. it will get easier with time, but for now allow yourself to grieve for your lovely Monty.............He'll be happy up at the bridge, playing with my Willow  :Luv:
Love thy neighbour............. especially if they have cake!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 17:45:51 PM »
Well, Chris, judging from that picture and your account, Monty was a wonderful, wonderful cat.  I would have loved him too.

:hug:

Best

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 17:14:02 PM »
Hello Chris and   :welcome:  to Purrs

I am so sorry to hear about Monty, as others have already said many of us have lost cats in similar circumstances, I lost my Spike three months ago.

:RIP:   Monty

:candle:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 13:53:31 PM »
RIP little Monty, safe and sound at the Bridge until your Mum and Dad are ready to collect you  :hug:

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline sharon

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 11:55:10 AM »
Dear Chris

So so sorry - but please believe me, it will get easier although now it is far too raw. The best thing now is to give Charlie tender loving care to reassure him that he is safe and well with you both. Cats are so independent that he will soon be up to his playful and normal ways, and readjust his own lifestyle without his mate.  Try not to dwell on the way he died, but rather remember him for the joy he brought into your lives and reassurance that his death was sudden and he felt no pain.
Charlie will be ok, and so will you both.
Take care dear Chris
X
Sharon

Offline Bogtruck

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »
Thanks Gill, I will post another topic on the general chat forum about Charlie. Sorry about mixing the topics, I am not sure on what the etiquette is here.

As I have said, I have come to this place to share with people who will understand what we are going through. I can’t talk to some of my friends, they’ll not understand how a big man like me can be so devastated by the loss of a cat.

I just wanted to take a couple of minutes of your time to tell you a couple things about Monty, so that I feel that at least a few more people knew something of his life. He had such a short time on this earth.

Monty was a peculiar looking cat; some would say just plain ugly. We said that he had an old man face. He had these huge ears and was cross eyed, big blue cross eyes. I thought he was the ugliest thing first time I saw him, but that quickly changed.

He also had terrible cat breath. He would yawn and you could smell it on the other side of the room. We grew to love that smell in a strange way. The vet said it was because he had gingivitis and that his teeth may eventually fall out. We felt so sorry for him since, he loved his dry food. He had some strange eating habits. He would grab a mouthful of his food and bring it back to his bed. Such a mess. He also had terrible eye gunk, but he always let his mum clean his eyes.

He was so timid, he would shy away from being petted. But if you stood back, he would always come to you. He loved his neck being stroked and his tummy being rubbed, that big fat tummy of his. He would always come to his mummy in the morning for some cat pets and always make his sound, what we called his cat ‘churps’.

He was always chasing birds or his feather duster. I remember one night a neighbor’s cat came into the house. Charlie was downstairs in a standoff. Monty came up stairs and repeatedly jumped on me and his mum to wake us up. He then followed me to the top of the stairs to that I could sort it out. He had done his bit to protect his brother.

I would come back from work to always find him and Charlie cuddling. Always together, totally trusting. He would sleep in some unusual positions, stretched out, not a care in the world. We would say he was abandoned to sleep.

On his last day on earth, I came down the path to find him looking at me, sat up, head tilted just as always. I commented on how cross eyed he was, but I told him that I thought he was so handsome. He went and laid in the grass looking at the fence, waiting for Charlie to return. I gave him some cat treats and his mum and I fed him and Charlie. He went out exploring.

I hope he died happy, having spend the day in the sun and having a full tummy. He met a violent end, but at least it was quick. I hope he realises how much he meant to us all, and how much he will be missed. RIP, our sweet, sweet little boy.

Thank you for listening to his story.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 23:39:15 PM »
Can I suggest that you start another thread in general cat chat about  Charlie, cos some do not look on the Rainbow Bridge thread because they find it so sad. In the title say that Charlie is looking for his lost friend...or something that explains as we have siamese owners on here and others  that I am sure will be able to advise.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 17:39:10 PM »
RIP Monty.  Sorry you've found us in such sad circumstances, Chris.  Losing a pet is horrible and, unfortunately, most of us on here know how you feel  :hug:  When I lost my Magpie, his brother was totally lost and wandered around the house crying.  He also became very clingy and didn't want to be in a different room to me for even a few minutes.  He did get past that though (but it did take a couple of months).  Charlie will be confused as to where Monty is, poor thing.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 17:33:19 PM »
I am so sorry to welcome you in such sad circumstances, Chris.

So hard to know how best to help Charlie in his own grief...

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 17:14:26 PM »
Hello Chris and welcome to Purrs.  Please believe me when I tell you that the people on here are wonderful, caring and supportive and have helped me so many times both with my old Dragan's many illnesses, his eventual death and my problems with Charlie.  I am so very sorry that your first post has to be such a tragic one.  RIP sweet Monty.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 16:31:00 PM »
So sorry to hear about Monty - we lost our siamese Binky in a road accident last year, it is a terrible experience.  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 14:28:42 PM »
Hi Chris,

Charllie will be missing his mate ... and cats do grieve for the loss of their friends.  Did Charlile get to see Monty's body?  Sometimes this can help.

With regards to letting Charlie out ... personally I try and keep him in for at least another day then just let him out for short periods of time (40 mins to hour) to stop him wandering off.  You will probably find that he will stay close to home though in the hope his friend comes back :(

Siamese's are very sensitive souls and you will need to keep an eye on Charlie to make sure he doesn't get depressed.  I've included the following like which may be of help:  http://www.fabcats.org/owners/euthanasia/bereavement.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bogtruck

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 13:14:40 PM »
Dear All

thank you so much for your kind words. It is the morning after and I can't believe how this feels. Both my wife and I don't have kids yet and so, well, he was the closest thing to one. As much as this is so, so painful though, I need some more advice. He has a male companion, Charlie, another Siamese, whom he did everything with. Charlie is looking all over the house for him and crying terribly. One vet told me to keep him in, another one said to let him out. The problem is this; is he going to go looking for him and get into trouble or am I making the situation worse by keeping him in when he is used to going out.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, this board is just about the only comforting thing at the moment.

Chris

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »
Hello Chris  :welcome: to Purrs

So sorry you've joined us under such sad circumstances  :(

As the others have said, unfortunatley too many of us understand the heartache and grief from losing a furbabe to the road.

You've come to the right place and when you feel ready to talk we are all here to listen and offer a cyber shoulder to cry on.

RIP Monty ... taken too soon to the bridge.  Play hard little one.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 12:23:45 PM »
Hi Chris  :hug:

Welcome to Purrs soooo very sorry it's with awful news  :(  Many of us here have been throught the same awful time, two of my lads were taken last year within two months of each other. It is such a shock and for the 1st few days you just cant take it in or want to believe it. I went throught a long period of denial and only now after almost a year can i start to think of them. We will always miss them and they will always be with us in our hearts.

We will all be here for you whenever you want to talk about Monty.  :hug:

Rest easy lad up on the bridge  :candle:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:07 AM »
Hi Chris,

I am so sorry to hear about Monty - I know what it is like to lose a cat in that way.
I know you wont believe it at the moment but the pain will get less i promise but at the moment you need to grieve for him.
Stay with the board, nearly everyone has lost a cat one way or another so we all know what you are going through

Sending you a {{hug}}

Michelle x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 03:39:13 AM »
RIP little Monty.....x

> :grouphug:

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 23:50:09 PM »
I think most of us joined after loosing a furred one.

This is so awful, so sorry.

I hope you are not alone, we are here for you  :hug:

Monty safe jorney to the bridge little fella and when you get there let your mummy know x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 23:41:16 PM »
Awww I am so sorry. I know how you feel , my first post in here was after losing my beloved Oscar , but believe me you are amongst friends here , just as Monty is amonst new friends at the bridge. :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 23:26:03 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to purrs, so sorry its on such a sad day  :hug:

I wish I knew what to say cos we mostly have been there and I am sorry that Monty had such a tragic accident. He will be flying off to the Bridge now and when he has settled he will send you a sign.

I am so sorry for your loss  :hug:

RIP Monty, play hard on the Bridge

Offline Bogtruck

• Kitten
My little boy Monty
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 23:18:07 PM »
Dear all

I am new here. Just wanted to talk, because a couple of hours ago my little boy Monty was run over. I'm so upset. He was a brown point Siamese and was just 1 1/2 years old. RIP Monty.

Chris
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 23:21:49 PM by Bogtruck »

Link to CatChat