Author Topic: update on blacky............  (Read 3259 times)

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
Re: update on blacky............
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 11:29:10 AM »
Im so glad he's settled in, it's lovely to know one little cat has the home he deserves  :Luv: and congratulations to your mum for taking him in.  Have you got the medal for her yet? :clap:

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 10:50:51 AM »
Hi all, well i went to my mum's last night and Blacky is doing really well. He's not being aggressive and i even got to stroke him, on his head of course, thats all my nerves would allow me, but he's doing fine. He has met the rest of my mum's cat's, there has been a few exchanged slaps between them but that's all. I'm really proud of him to be coming on so well after being  feral for all those years. :)

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 12:08:10 PM »
Fabulous news that Blackie will have a real home (and slave) to call his own  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 10:14:14 AM »
Sorry i do not understand your posting I did not think my reply was negative. I was saying wonderful (that is that something was being done instead of allowing the little one to live its life outside and with no permanant family).Then I went on to say what we (Chesterfield Cats Protection Branch ) advise people to do if they think they have found a cat, hopefully that information may help many more cats. So many people leave it weeks, months or even years before reporting such cats and it seems such a shame as if they had reported when they first thought a cat was a stray it could have either been reunited with its owner or found a new home a long time ago.

We too have true ferals ear tipped so we would know if reported to us that the cat had been neutered/spayed.

I trust the vet gave Blacky a MOT flea & worm treatment.

I am pleased that it seems Blacky has finally landed on its paws.How old is he as you say you have known him from a kitten  and been feeding him for 4 yrs yet you say he is an old boy?

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 22:52:31 PM »
well i think u got it all wrong and are being quite negative about the situation, i have done this with the help of the cp and they didnt see anything wrong with how ive delt with it. i finally trapped the cat after sitting waiting for 3 nites, and at 8:30 this morning i took him to the vets to be checked over and nutered, to my surprise he'd already been nutered but he also had a small clipping from his ear and the vet said they clip the ear of a ferral cat so they know that they have already been done if caught again.I have also known this cat from a kitten so thats how i know u c. trust me this hasnt been a cat coming for food for a few weeks, ive been feeding him for 4 years, come rain or shine the cat was there at my doorstep. well anyway ive safely homed blacky with my mum (and yes she knows what she's doing) so his life can start getting better from now on.  ;D

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 19:58:44 PM »
I second all of that ela

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 17:02:29 PM »
Wonderful, I trust he will be neutered if not already done, have an MOT and flea/worm treatments etc. I always advise people if they think they have found a cat:-

If you have a cat living with you and think is either lost, abandoned, the owner has moved and left it behind (sadly all too common and to think the cats/s was the result of someone?s so called good home, or you know of anyone else with such a cat  DO NOT ASSUME IT HAS NO OWNER, HOWEVER, PLEASE REPORT IT TO US IMMEDIATELY,  whatever state it may be in. It may simply be lost and could have been lost months previously. It is not unknown for cats to get into cars, removal vans, and so on, and be transported miles from their homes. We have hundreds of lost cats on our Lost and Found Register and the number increases on a daily basis.  Most of the cats who go missing must be out there somewhere and, although we do manage to reunite quite a few with their owners, most of them are taken in or being fed by well meaning people, but are never actually reported., depending on the condition of the cat and the safety of the location we can decide what course of action to take to ensure the cat receives all the help it needs.  E.G. if the cat is well please ring our lost & found 01246 xxxxxx  take the cat to a vet to see if has been micro chipped, alternatively if you live near some of our fosterers (5 have microchip readers) they will do it for you. If there is no record perhaps you could on a long thin piece of paper write do I belong to you and your telephone number then attach the paper to a cat collar by wrapping sellotape round and round then put the collar on the cat if after 3 days you have received no reply take the collar off as they are considered dangerous and many cats have lost their life to them, ring us and we will put the cat on the list waiting to come in. If you ring Elaine 01246  xxxxxx she will supply you with a paper collar with is very safe.  PLEASE OFFER THE CAT SHELTER &  FEED IT, I KNOW SOME ORGANIZATIONS SAY DON'T AND THEY IT WILL MOVE ON, HOWEVER IN OUR VIEW THAT IS CALLOUS, I AM SURE IF YOU LOST A PET IT WOULD BE NICE TO THINK SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE WAS CARING FOR IT. ALSO THE CAT HAS A GREATER CHANCE OF FINDING ITS OWNER  OR COMING INTO CARE AS IT IS NOT ROAMING FROM STREET TO STREET LOOKING FOR ITS NEXT MEAL AND ENDANGERING ITS LIFE. We also suggest that you ring the Cats Protection Headquarters shelter in Derby 01623 xxxxxx  between 11 am & 3 pm   any day and put the cat/s on their list of cats waiting to come in, as a shelter they usually home much quicker than us therefore spaces become available more frequently.  If the cat appears below par PLEASE  contact us immediately and we will pay for the cat to be seen by a vet and if possible bring the cat in.
Also contact PET SEARCH UK 01246 xxxxxx Some of you will already know how distressing it is to lose a cat, and others can imagine. There is nothing worse than not knowing what has happened to your pet - the imagination works over-time. How would you feel if someone in the next village, or on the next estate, found your cat, and kept it without every reporting it?

If the cat is a garden cat or feral please ring us immediately and we will arrange for it to be trapped, neutered/spayed, have an MOT, flea & worm treatment we will then if at all possible return it to site if arrangements can be made for feeding etc fostered we will try to find it a new home

PLEASE DON?T LEAVE IT UNTIL IT IS ILL/INJURED OR YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE FED IT LONG ENOUGH BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO TAKE ANY ACTION.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

update on blacky............
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 15:27:47 PM »
Hi all just writing this as an update to the thread i put on cc. Its about the stray cat ive been feeding for the past 4 years (blacky) well as ive said ive managed to find him a home and im also getting help from the cats protection, so im going to go and collect a trap on monday and try to catch him, so hopefully the old boy is gonna help me out and cooperate and soon will be living a normal life, the one he deserves. thanx everyone for all the advice.

Link to CatChat