Author Topic: Fundraising ideas - speak to your local Chamber of Commerce  (Read 984 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Fundraising ideas - speak to your local Chamber of Commerce
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:15:51 AM »
Last summer, I was in the bookshop a few doors away. The owner is one of the people that runs the local chamber. I was talking to him about CP and he suggested a fundraising idea. We don't have enough parking in this town in the summer when we have a lot of visitors so the local junior school allow charities to use their carpark. The school gets 1/2 the money. Nothing came of it last year as our fund raiser wasn't very good. Our new person, Jane, got onto it and the first day was last Saturday. They collected £280 - so £140 for funds. Hopefully the next one will raise more when the weather is nice. I think we only have a few dates this year but hopefully can get more. Anyway, the main reason is to suggest speaking to your local chamber to see if they have any ideas. Even if it's a free ad in their brochure or something.

As a bonus, Jane said they really enjoyed it and it made a change from standing around on a stall  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 09:16:39 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat