Author Topic: James Welbeloved or Hills Science?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: James Welbeloved or Hills Science?
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 19:36:05 PM »
Mine love applaws :drool;

I prefer JWB out the three, Hills dont have a clear animal testing policy  :shify: also my lot wont eat hills bix, rather amazing as they normally eat anything especially rotting stuff from the neighbours bin  :sick:
RC sensitive gave them all diarrhoea (not the prescription sensitivity) :shocked: they do like the RC dental but they dont crunch it so defeats the object  :evillaugh: :tired:

When do your kitties come home?

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
Lol I hope so! It was quite expensive! Not that thats the most important thing of course :) they are being fed on Royal Canin at the mo so they should like it  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »
Lets hope they like them!! I tried the Hills SEnior wet and Molly hated it!! She is fussy with Applaws too, which is odd.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 00:27:48 AM »
Hi guys. Finally put my order into Zooplus about an hour ago so I'm almost completely set for their arrival!! Sorry Desley, I think I bought everything you didn't really get on with! LOL  ;D

I bought them a big bag of Royal Canin Kitten food, two packs of Hills Science Kitten foods (chicken and fish variety) and some canned Applaws wet food as I've seen this recommened quite a lot :D Wont be able to feed them that all the time though but as a treat they'll get it every now and then :)

Thanks for all your advice, I will probably be trying JWB at some point as well!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 23:36:35 PM »
I personally prefer JWB - I wont feed Royal Canin as they dont state the meat content of their dry food, and I know their prescription foods are low in meat content. RC is also more expensive than JWB, and I honestly dont think it is worth the extra money. JWB is also a lot easier to get hold of. JWB are supposed to be bringing out a wet food, they have already brought one out for dogs, but still waiting for the cat one - vets have told me they will let me know as soon as it is out. If you go on their website, you can get free samples of all flavours. PAH doesn't go down as well here, so I would rather pay the extra. You will also have to gradually introduce it to whatever they are used to. Hills wet food is very hard to get hold of, and very expensive (and mine hated it!!), I would look on Zooplus for things like Bozita and Natures Menu for high meat content foods.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for all your advice! It really does help tp hear from people who have used and tried out these foods on their own cats. I think I have decided to go for the Royal Canin and maybe the Hills Science for their wet food... not 100% sure what to go for on the wet food front yet though x

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
My two get Royal Canin as it's good quality and they do an indoor one and they both love it, in fact Hobbes used to pinch Dylan's RC when he was a kitten and ignore his own dry kitten food  :rofl:. They do like JWB aswell and it's another really good food for them. Wet food they get a mix, usually felix or whiskas (depending on what's on offer at supermarkets) with the occasional treat of a tin of Applaws which is fab but expensive.

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 10:34:23 AM »
mine are on hills and JWB they will only eat the lamb and rice JWB and all love chicken hills

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 08:05:20 AM »
Both if ours turned their nose up and Hillls ( that wll teach me to buy a tester bag first!) but they are loving the Royal Cani atm. I dont stickj to a specific brand of wet food as Beavis is a fussy little b*gger and his differing tastes!

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 00:18:41 AM »
Not a straight answer to your question, although, I used to feed JWB to Jameson, and then switched to Pets At Homes own brand, as it's very similar, but not as expensive, and they often do offers, last time I bought 8 kilos for £20.  Jameson adores the PAH stuff, infact he prefers it to JWB. Both the chicken and salmon variety is going down well.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 23:43:01 PM »
I use Royal Canin and Hills for my mob and I really like both of them  :) James Wellbeloved is a good food as well so you'd be fine with any one of these 3 foods.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 23:43:30 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 23:24:51 PM »
I've just been highly recommened on another forum (Wheekers) that Royal Canin is the best and some of the members swear by it. Does anyone else use this brand?

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 21:49:47 PM »
JWB all the way. Leo always has those down plus he has wet food too. He is an extremely big cat tho so not sure about your furbabes you re getting. (You must be so excited!)

:Luv:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 21:47:02 PM »
I feed loads of different brands of wet without any tummy upsets.  It depends a lot on how sensitive their stomachs are, but it shouldn't be a problem.  Once they are used to a rotation of various flavours and brands, it won't upset them to have variety.  I don't free feed.  I think that's fine if you have a cat who isnt greedy (I think Mosi would do fine with free feeding) but it is hopeless with Jaffa as he will eat whatever I put out the minute it's put out.  I had to stop free feeding when he was about 6 months as he was eating the day's supply for both him and his brother within 10 mins of it being put down!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 21:44:31 PM »
I feed Felix wet and JWB dry. I'm also a fan of Arden Grange dry - well the cat is  :evillaugh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 21:39:43 PM »
The lady I'm adopting my kitties from has said they will need dry out for them all the time and wet fed a few times a day depending on their age and routine etc. I've been looking on the VetUk website and as far as I can see JWB doesn't make wet food - is it okay to feed a different brand of wet food with the dry food or is it important for them to be the same brand incase of tummy upsets etc??

Will take a look at the Origen now :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 21:35:17 PM »
I don't remember the ingredients for Hills, but I would favour JWB.  The only grain in JWB is rice, which is (supposedly) more digestible than wheat and corn.  I'm not saying that Hills is a bad food, but I would go for the JWB.  Always went down well with my boys when I fed dry.  Unless you want to try both and see which they prefer.

Zooplus also sell Orijen which is a grain free dry food.  That's what I buy now for Mosi (he has a little dry sprinkled on his wet food.  Jaffa only has dry as an occasional treat).

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
James Welbeloved or Hills Science?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 21:30:57 PM »
Just bought our kitties to be lots and lots of toys from Zooplus (used the link too so I hope that works!!) and are hopefully going to buy their foodstuffs tonight/tomorrow as well.

I was just wondering if you experienced cat owners could give me some advice - which is better; James Welbeloved or Hills Science? And which flavours seem to be the ultimate fave (and which to steer clear from!! lol)

Looking forward to your comments! x

Link to CatChat