Author Topic: Their 'presents'  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Their 'presents'
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 17:19:49 PM »
Iv heard the activator collars are useless-sorry! They also learn how to stalk without bells ringing  :evillaugh:

The best present iv had was a zebra finch  :na na naa na: :na na naa na:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 16:23:51 PM »
And another tiny dead bird today although I had the window closed so it was left on the doorstep thank God. My friend made me feel a bit better cos she said they're much more likely to bring in a mouse at nighttime or early in the morning cos mice don't tend to be around during the day, especially in a busy area where we live. Is that true? And she told me about these collars you can get that acts as some kind of alarm for the birds. Anyone heard of those?

Two bells on the collar is a good idea, Sam, thanks.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 16:17:08 PM »
believe me if the lady in question was closer!!!!!!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 16:11:44 PM »
My Joe caught a bird the other day and came flying in through the catflap with it - he looked so pleased with himself (it was dead - he's very good at giving the 'killing bite').

A while back Harry came in with a rat (dead also I'm pleased to say!) but I think that was the first time he'd ever brought one home, normally its shrews/voles - and I've never known any of them to be alive by the time he's come in with them.

was a real one, don't know how long it had been there, how long before they start to smell - yes I haven't hoovered I've been revising lol!

What you need is a cleaning lady Dawn - I know just the person LOL!  ;)

Offline sam kent (thomas_kitten)

• Adult Cat
  • Do my ears look big in this?
  • Slave to: Thomas & Harry
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 15:43:54 PM »
I had a chaffinch, 5 frogs (4 alive!) and a woodpigeon in the space of 6 weeks!  :Crazy:  I saw him bring one of the frogs down the garden path and into the house - he had the whole body in his mouth (face first) and four legs poking out the side of his mouth. He placed it gently on the ground in front of me and walked off!  :rofl:  It would've made a great photo!  ;)

He now has two bells on his collar, so they can hear him coming! Even I can hear him from two gardens away!  :briggin:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:56:40 AM »
I found a mouse under the sofa on saturday, I could smell a smell and pulled it out and amongst a load of toy ones was a real one, don't know how long it had been there, how long before they start to smell - yes I haven't hoovered I've been revising lol!

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 00:35:42 AM »
I dont think so, I usually have 2 birds a day through spring summer. I think cats will catch anything they can get their paws on. I had a mutallited pigeon in my garden a couple of weeks ago  :sick:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Their 'presents'
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 00:18:32 AM »
My 4 cats are let outside for an hour or two a day, Daisy brings in the occasional worm but that's been it. . . . until yesterday. One of them - not sure who - brought in part of a dead bird. Then today Belle brought in a whole one. Now while it's birds I can just about cope with it but I have a really bad phobia of rodents of any kind and I don't think I could handle them bringing one in. I know this is normal cat behaviour but is there anything I can do to stop them? They have collars from kittycollars with bells on them.
I leave the window while they're outside so they can come in and out when they want.

Link to CatChat