Author Topic: Our story  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Our story
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 15:18:13 PM »
Ah they are all beautiful. What a lovely little family.

:catluv:

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 04:35:25 AM »
Aww - what breed is Pandi, you dont say?

Pandia is an Oriental

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 20:45:01 PM »
Seen the photo's on your other post, what a gorgeous family you have, sorry to hear about Thai, I lost Dave when he was 12 to cancer also.
Its lovely to read all your cats stories especially that Pandia is coming along so well after her traumatic start.
They are all beautiful kitties
 :)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 07:45:50 AM »
Aww - what breed is Pandi, you dont say?
Please spay your cat

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
Our story
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 00:35:36 AM »
Mischka, is 4. She and her siblings were left at a campus after summer had let out and one of the janitors found them and was going to take them to the pound. A friend said she would take care of them until she could find homes. She called me and I told her if one of them was a Female I would take her, because I already had a Male, My Thai at home. Well  there was one girl and she fit in perfectly. The two were cuddle buddies  . She became very reclusive and withdrawn when she lost her pal Thai RIP my beloved boy. I lost him 3 1/2 years ago at age 12 to cancer. I thought she was lonely so I went looking for a year old kitty. Figured a kitten might be to much for her.

Linx, 3 was who I ended up getting. I went to shelters and rescues and even pet finder to find a yr old kitty all I found were older and younger. The last shelter I visited that didn't have any young adults,  I chose to let her be alone. My friend wanted to go look at the kittens. They were all so cute but I truly did not want a kitten. Any way as we were leaving the kitten room I felt pricks in my leg thought on no fleas. When I looked down a sweet little kitten I didn't see earlier was climbing up my leg. He looked just like Mischka when she was a kitten. the rest is history.

Sundance, 2  was a fluke I saw this breed at a show and fell in love started reading about the breed and found there were not many breeders around. And just as few litters, that were all spoken for. (In the mean time Mischka & Linx never got along if anything made My beauty withdraw even more). So I kind of let go of the idea of getting a Somali. Then one of the breeders called and said she had a litter due and 3 Females were spoken for but if she had any more she'd let me know. I told her that I wanted a male. Well the mama had 7 kittens all girls and 1 male. I was happy but not too sure how Mischka would take it, I was thinking a Male would be less of a conflict than another female and might keep Linx from picking on her. It was a long wait but oh so worth it. It was the trick. She is not so bothered by Linx because Sundance keeps him from constantly trying to mess with her because he is all of Linx.

Mischka is still not close to any of the other Kitty's but she does not hide and comes to me for lovins again. Then there is Pandi...

Pandia, is 2. She was from a breeder gone bad. She and others were kept in outside cages and not taken very good care of. Winter set in and because of family issues breeder left and Kitty's were unattended. A rescue group was alerted and the came and got them.  Poor girl has been caged, starved and unsocialized for the first 15 mos. of her life. I adopted her last January. It has been a long struggle of love and patience to show her she is home now and will never be alone or caged again. She is just recently letting me pet her. I  still can not pick her up.  She now jumps on the sofa and sits near me sometimes she will hang over my leg. She is certainally teaching me patience!

and now we are one big happy family :Luv:

Link to CatChat