Author Topic: car accident  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: car accident
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »
IF she likes her biscuits, let her have them - cats with dental issues can find biscuits easier to eat, so she might be the same.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 20:09:13 PM »
I'm sure she will be fine with the baby .... if she is already used to small humans it won't be that much of a shock. As long as she feels safe in her home and is surround by familiar smells and she'll be ok.

Good luck for Wednesday and fingers crossed you won't need inducing and baby makes an appears either tonight or tomorrow.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline hellywelly

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 13:44:17 PM »
well she is managing to lap off a saucer now so she has had some more tuna cat meat and milk today , the only problem we have is she is so picky she loves her biscuits and keeps trying to eat the other cats even though she has fresh tuna and cat meat no the next problem we need to over come is i am pregnant and getting induced on wednesday i dont want the new borns crys to scare her although she is used to it as we have a 2 year old soon too , but she is going to have to leave our room cos the baby will be in there luckly we have a spare room i will set up for her and let her down during the day to keep an eye on her

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »
If she has trouble with the a/d mush, you could try some liquivite - you can get it from the vet. I'm sure she needs all the help she can get to get better  :hug:

If she is lapping water, it should be easy for her to take this.

http://www.liquivite.co.uk/

Poor baby  :ahh:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 07:52:59 AM »
I agree with Gill about getting some Hills A/D, and you might also want to mush up her cat meat and mix it with water to make it quite soupy for her, it will be easier for her to eat. i wonder if her pupils were more dilated yesterday due to the anaesthetic wearing off? I Would ask the vet about her eyes, but I hope he says it is promising.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 02:07:12 AM »
Aw how awful for poor Muffin! Sending positive healing vibes for a speedy recovery!  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 00:06:32 AM »
So sorry that Muffin has been hurt and I would mention to your vet on Tue about the eyes and see what he says.

I would also ask him for a tin of AD diet which is like a thick cream when stirred and is a food specially made for convalescing cats. As it is over a pound a tin I would only get one, incase she doesnt like it and it can be kept in the fridge after opening for a couple of days but take out a bit and bring to room temperature before feeding. She would be able to lick it off a spoon or your finger. It can also be mixed with water to syringe feed.

I think you are right that she will not eat much for first day or too but then may be very hungry.

Lots of good wishes to Muffin  :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 22:51:51 PM »
Cats can go blind through trauma and it can wear off cant it? I think I have read that on here?

Hoping she recovers 110%  :hug:

Offline hellywelly

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 20:59:53 PM »
thanks ladies , i have tried moving a pen and some times her eyes react it to some times they dont so is very confusing , i will keep trying with the cat milk then. bless her all she wants is lots fuss

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 20:43:34 PM »
No advice to offer but does sound promising.  Hope she recovers fully soon bless her :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 20:42:36 PM »
Poor Muffin  :hug:  ... I have no experience of this I'm afraid but there are a few vet nurses on this site so hopefully they will be able to advice you.

Personally I would have thought as long as she is drinking this is the most important in these early days ... cat milk is actually class as a food so if you can get her to drink that she should be OK until she feels upto eating solids again.

Not sure about the eyes but if her pupils are reacting to light that does sound promising - have you tried moving  a pen or your finger in front of her to see if she follows it ... not very scientific I know but it might give you an indication as to weather or not she has any vision.

Good luck and fingers cross she is back to full health again very soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline hellywelly

• Kitten
car accident
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 20:32:42 PM »
my cat muffin was sadly run over last week we got her back from the vets yesterday and she is doing well , he jaw split down the middle and she has had to have it wired and she has been left blind to what extent we dont know but when we got her she couldnt see a thing , i was told to keep her locked in a room for a while and at first i did but she is progressing very well now so let her down for abit today ,she wasnt eating when she left the vet and hardly anything yesterday night but today i have got her to eat a teaspoon of cat meat a tea spoon of cat milk and tea spoon of tuna and 2 bowl fulls of water . She is using her litter tray and her eyes look so much better then they did yesterday

just a few questions i need to ask , when we got her yesterday her pupils where very dialated you could tell she couldnt see a thing , but today her pupils are so much more normal not 100% but the are reacting to light and she even found where i put her tray even though she doesnt normally have one . when i let her down stairs she went straight to the door do you think her slight could be coming back , she is due to go back to the vets on tuesday for a check up . Also is she eating enough she only had the operation on her mouth on friday night so i cant expect her to be eating loads she is on pain killers so need to eat most the time she just lick it off your hands but she isnt keen on cat meat she has been brought on wiskers complete biscuits is a teaspoon of meat twice a day enough she is only a small cat just dont want her too get too hungry she trys to eat but can get her tounge out very far

Link to CatChat