Author Topic: URGENT Foster home (New Home) Needed for Tortie Girl - Birmingham.  (Read 3994 times)

Offline FreeToGoodHome Helper

• Adult Cat
    • Helping Free To Good Home pets find responsible homes. x
Re: URGENT Foster home (New Home) Needed for Tortie Girl - Birmingham.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 20:30:57 PM »
MOLLY IS BEING TRANSPORTED TO HER FOSTER HOME TOMORROW!

A Free To Good Home cat saved and into Rescue.

:yayyy:

Thanks all.
Jodie x

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 18:24:44 PM »
Excellent, great work  :wow: I'm nowhere near I'm afraid but would happily help out in the Bucks/Northants/Beds area if needed.

appreciated!
Jodie x

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 18:19:01 PM »
Phew well done o sorting the foster home.  It might be an idea to post any transport requirements in the transport section: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,15.0.html

Ha! yes, that;d be a start wouldnt it...  :innocent:
Jodie x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 18:16:43 PM »
Excellent, great work  :wow: I'm nowhere near I'm afraid but would happily help out in the Bucks/Northants/Beds area if needed.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 18:16:13 PM »
Phew well done o sorting the foster home.  It might be an idea to post any transport requirements in the transport section: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,15.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 18:06:50 PM »
Foster home sorted!!!!  :)

Transport needed TIPTON (West Mids) to NORTHFIELD birmingham... about 11 miles in all.

This will get Molly into her foster home.  :wow:
Jodie x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 17:45:07 PM »
Unfortunately I can't help with fostering however if you need any assistance with transport in and around the Nottingham area please feel free to contact me :)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 16:55:18 PM »
 :wow: we've been given the okay for the link!  :thanks:
We will be posting details of our cats both here, elsewhere and on our own site (while scurrying around in the background organising things) We are VERY much needing lots of help though it is entirely workable through volunteers  :Crazy:
Especially with the fostering side of things. Our cats, because they were FTGH's, are needing placements asap. The owners 'want rid' so to speak quickly  :'( we have got nice understanding owners so far though that are willing to hold their pets for us until we can arrange saviour, but are aware that some wont wait.

We were knocked back today with support from a big Dog Rescue site - not even allowed to post requests for homechecks/transport runs.  :( We have to move upwards and onwards though and am so glad the 'cat people' get us.  :)

Anyways we have been running a VERY short time - we have had the site live for all of about 3 days, and already we have 1 urgent cat, 1 dog, 1 private homing we're now arranging a neuter for, 1 dog and 2 more cats waiting in the wings.  :doh: :shocked:

The forum will be tweaked because of our 'blow' today with the dogs but we'll hopefully back on track shortly. (We're suspending the Private Homings section, as we are now struggling with homechecking contacts for dogs)

Have a gander.
http://freetogoodhome.invisionplus.net

Molly is still needing that foster! We have Pink Paws rescue providing her back up so she's halfway there!  8)

Jodie x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 12:08:58 PM »
Good luck re-homing the gorgeous Molly!  ;)

Excellent job you are doing!  :Luv: :Luv:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »
Hi jack,

Yes you probably will have - we're all over the place, just trying to get people in - we do place our own 'free ads' which get people off the ad sites and hopefully to us - we're on Gumtree and Ad-mart etc... (we try to make them look like free to good home adverts in themselves to get views  :sneaky:)

We're very active on Dogpages so you may already know us if you use it although under different names. (our mods are all regulars from DP)

Its a very new thing so we'll see how we go, we can't stop them all but if we get one or two coming via us we're doing what we intended.  :)

Jodie x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 11:42:12 AM »
Hi Sounds like a great idea ... I agree you need to contact Tan (follow the link and send her a personal message) http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=1   with regards to putting a link to your site etc.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
What a sweetie! I think I've seen you posting on another forum and looked at your site. Great idea to ensure FTGH ads don't happen, well done.

I can't really help much, but hope you find a fosterer for Molly very soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
Thanks.

Also forgot to add.  :Crazy:

We can arrange Transport for Molly within reason to get her into a Foster home.
Her owner is willing to take her to the outskirts of Birmingham / Wolverhampton.

Jodie x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:31:25 AM »
contact Tan (her name is down the bottom in red) she is the person who runs the site

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »
thanks!

I'll add you to our offline database. The more people on board the better.

I'm just checking with the mods if we can include a link to our forum/site too, so everyone can have a gander.  :)
Jodie x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »
if you ever need help in Buckinghamshire or West London I'd be happy to help - good luck with findng Molly a place

• Adult Cat
URGENT Foster home (New Home) Needed for Tortie Girl - Birmingham.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »
We are a newly set up group of volunteers who redirect Free To Good Home free ad pets into rescue. We have and are building up a range of volunteers who contact people who have FTGH adverts and get them to rehome via us and our website instead. We then use our rescue contacts/other forums etc and work very hard to secure a rescue placement and rescue back up for their pets (cats and dogs). We also arrange homechecking and transport to get these pets to safety.

Once this is done we then have to find new homes for them. Ideally and in most cases the animal with move to a rescue/foster placement and who then use their own contacts to find the pet a home. We do however secure rescue ‘back up’ these are usually the ones already neutered and who are looking to be placed in foster or new homes after a homecheck via the rescue, these remain with their owner until these can be found.

We are looking for a Urgent Foster Placement for MOLLY a rather gorgeous Tortie girl currently located in Birmingham.

MOLLY was destined to be another Free To Good Home advert however her owners have agreed to let us help!
We have secured Rescue back up for Molly and they are busy finding a new home for her, we do however need to move Molly out of her home and into foster while we do this to ensure she's safe. Time is of the essence.
Molly is neutered but not vaccinated and currently lives with other cats and they get on as long as they respect her space, she has never met dogs so is not used to them, she likes her own space and is independant, she's not a lap cat but is friendly.
She is currently based in Tipton
She's a bit lovely - piccy below.

Anyone that wants to join our cause and can also offer help with rescue/transport/homechecking and foster please get in touch.

I'm on simon@cook809.orangehome.co.uk but will check back for replies often, I do hope we get your support!  :)

Oh and Hello everyone!!  :shocked:
Jodie x

Link to CatChat