Author Topic: Zhukov's first day out.  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Zhukov's first day out.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 21:44:02 PM »
Aww, that is wonderful news.
Please spay your cat

Offline Grit

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 19:51:15 PM »
just trying to work out how to resize photos on the new computer :-:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 19:34:24 PM »
Oh Grit that's wonderful news, sounds like he had a great time  ;D

I'm glad to hear that they are getting on so well I know how worried you were about that  ;)

Like Gill said we would love to see some photos of him  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 18:41:38 PM »
Oh he sounds wonderful and his furry little mind will work it all out  ;D
Would love to see some pictures of him

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 16:36:20 PM »
So pleased his first venture into the big wide ... garden ... went well :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Grit

• Adult Cat
Zhukov's first day out.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 16:16:26 PM »
Today was the momentous day that I have been putting off but really knew in my heart of hearts I had to do - let Zhukov my little Russian Blue out for the first time.  He was clearly going mad inside, far too much energy, he had even started play biting us. I had taken him out on the lead a couple of times but this morning I went outside and stood at the cat flap whilst OH showed him how to get through - which he totally failed to get!

He was having a big explore of the garden when the local farmer dropped by with his sheep dog who promptly ran into the garden to chase the cats (chases but doesn't attack - still not keen to take the chance) we were really pleased to see that Zhukov immediately ran for the house and dived straight through the cat flap.  ;D

He came out another 5 times with me watching and each time he felt nervous he went back in through the cat flap, though he still can't work out how to get out through it - not sure whats going on in his furry little mind.  Anyway we let him out again unsupervised and he spent about 15 minutes out before coming in and curling up on his favourite cushion - it has been a very exciting and tiring day ;D

I was surprised to find that rather than hurtling off never to be seen again he actually spent only short bursts of time out.

What was great to see was his interaction with the other cats, Matilda's attacks on him (purely posturing, pouncing on him with claws in, never really making contact) have diminished significantly in the last 3 weeks and now seem to have stopped.  Outside all three come together for long nose sniffing sessions and Zhukov is always running up to them for a quick nose sniff of reassurance.

I know I will worry and he may get into trouble who can say, but the sight of him hurtling round the garden, meowing at the top of his voice in sheer delight at being free was worth it.  And before anyone says - no I can't cat proof the garden as we live next to a farm and the garden is really just large fields enclosed with a hedge  ;D

Link to CatChat