Author Topic: Grooming - so much more difficult at the moment !  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Grooming - so much more difficult at the moment !
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 23:48:45 PM »
Yes I can untangle Mr Ducha and he is so good about it too, he just lies there and lets me detangle him.

Not like soppy moppy misa the big wimp................he cries pityfully if I touch the tangle he tries to lie on and hide. he also has a nasty little streak, he ddecides thats enough grooming and will turn on me and wop me especia;;y if I near a tangle  >:( >:(

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 22:34:44 PM »
Giz's coat is so long with her paws just about showing - looks like she is on castors !  Will post a pic.

A case of "Oi! Brush! Where you going with that cat?"  :evillaugh:

Actually, my two are shorthairs but they have really thick coats and are also leaving hair everywhere. It pays to wear dark clothes so that black and grey don't show!  :rofl:

I do hope you can de-tangle Mr Ducha, Gill, that sounds uncomfortable for the lad. But I think I'd avoid blow drying Misa & Sasa if I were you...  ;)

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 20:53:54 PM »
Oh yes, the Dyson is full in no time at all - it's scary.   Even the shorter haired kittens seem to be losing so much fur too - they probably don't need brushing each day but just love joining in for the attention.   My friend bought me the most snuggly ever dressing gown for Christmas and little Ellie cuddles up and then starts licking and grooming it too !
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 20:46:04 PM »
You are right, my cats still growing there winter coats cos its been so mild. I keep checking Misas coat which is very close to the ground that it is just his coat and his jelly belly isnt even bigger  :rofl:

Ducha birman is tangling a lot cos he cant groom the right side of his head and under arms oh and the place where his leg id missing.

As for Sasa, I can seee that she has a wintercoat and she grooms a lot thank goodness cos I cant touch her.

I have fur all over the place and if I put dyson on, by the time I get him back down stairs they have dumped more fur in the hall!!

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Grooming - so much more difficult at the moment !
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 20:42:02 PM »
Hi to those of us with long-haired cats.   We have persian Gizmo, and her daughter half-persian Bubbles - each year I am amazed at how much their coats lengthen and thicken up.   In the summer months a quick daily brush is all that's needed but at the moment a bit of a battle to keep the tangles at bay !   Giz's coat is so long with her paws just about showing - looks like she is on castors !  Will post a pic.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat