Author Topic: Trying out "Classic" cat food  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Trying out "Classic" cat food
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 21:54:56 PM »
Tiggy used to like it... for about 2 months until she realised she could hold out for Gourmet Pearl  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 19:29:40 PM »
I am impressed with the "no cereal or soya" - usually only expensive £1+ for a tiny can type foods are cereal free.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 19:24:52 PM »
Its in jelly now and most cats enjoy it.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 19:01:20 PM »
I tried Smudge on this a long time ago Mark and from what I remember it had a lot of runny gravy and gave him the runs.

It might have improved after all these years - think it was about 2 years ago.  Good luck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 18:18:54 PM »
Recommended for cats with diabetes too, Mark. Mine like it from time to time, but won't eat as a regular.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 16:48:13 PM »
cats lived on whiskas for long enough!  I've tried all kinds of foods for my lot and it may have hardly any meat in it but they come back to felix every time

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 16:45:19 PM »
Its also supposed to be good for cats with stomatitis mouth probs according to Dr Addie's site. http://www.dr-addie.com/stomatitis.html#food

Mine quite liked it when I was looking for cheaper alternatives to raw for the time being, but they've kind of settled on tinned Whiskas now!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Trying out "Classic" cat food
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 16:01:01 PM »
I thought I would try Kylie on it as it is totally cereal & soya free (so I assume low carb?)  ;D - as a bonus it's one of the cheapest. I know it is recommended for cats with diabetes and normally diabetes & obesity diets are the same. She ate quite a bit. Clapton on the other hand hoovered it up  :evillaugh:

6 x 400gram cans £2.17 - Sainsburys and Wilkinsons  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 16:01:27 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat