Author Topic: Odd cat behaviour  (Read 1467 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Odd cat behaviour
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 17:19:08 PM »
So basically your cats had only known each other a few days and hadn't had chance to accept each other?

I think a feliway diffuser will probably help then. With regards to the vomitting (and apologies for being graphic) is the sick like food but runny? If so, it's regurgitation which a fair few cats do because they're either really greedy or worried about another cat taking their food!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 15:57:10 PM »
I have a cat who throws up a lot due to eating too fast.....but he has never ate the vomit!  :sick:

Maybe you should invest in either a Feliway diffuser or spray to help calm the situation!  ;)

If you go through one of the links on this site a cat charity will get a 5% donation from your order also!  ;)

http://www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk/ scroll down to vetuk online link!  ;D

Oh here's some info on the power's of Feliway!  ;)
http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/behaviortraining/a/Feliway.htm
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 16:02:32 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline master10986

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 15:51:31 PM »
We got him both of them together from the RSPCA,the vomitting isn't very seriouss,he just eats alot but we sorted that out.They were seperated at the RSPCA but were put together for a few nights after we filled in the forms,also the RSPCA make sure there neatured, but I don't know how long he has been neatured.He is very curious,but that is all I could possible think of at the moment.....

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 14:54:10 PM »
I would agree with everyone here - if he's intact, it's likely to be "normal" mating behaviour, but if he's neutered it could be stress / displaced dominance. If he vomits a lot, it is worth getting him checked - bear in mind that some worms can be picked up from chewing dewy grass, so even if he isn't much of a hunter he can get them again very easily. If it's not that, he might have hairball problems, since he's a fluffy boy. How long hve you had the other cat? Have they always been together, or have they only recently been living together?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »
If he has been neutered ( :wish:) then the problem may be more psychological.....I class a cat that does this after being neutered as dominant behaviour, and it does sound as if he is pretty submissive with your other cat etc so maybe he is a bit stressed out and feeling the need to control something!  :Crazy:

If he has'nt had the op then please get this done as he will be much more acceptable of his situation!  ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 08:23:17 AM »
I have to agree with JS, is he neutered? I would also recommend a vet visit for the vomiting.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 22:18:27 PM »
Even if Wottsit was wormed recently, if he goes outside he can catch worms pretty easily. (Eating prey.... :sick:)

I can't see anywhere in the post that he's neutered, so his mating tendancies could be due to that.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline master10986

• Kitten
Odd cat behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 21:44:43 PM »
My 12 year old cat wottsit does something VERY weird around anything fluffy,at first it looks like he's making it home and cumfy,like cats do,but then he gets weird and it's like he tries to "mate" with it,he does it with his fluffy bed,dressing downs, you name it.Anybody tell me what could be causing this/what he is doing,here's a list of basic facts that might help you  :Crazy:

We have another cat who is female and dislikes wotssit if he gets attention from me or my mum
He dislikes our other cat if my sister and Dad give her attention
He has been wormed/flead recently
He likes to go utside alot
Is quite fluffy,fat and eats for the sake of it (I know you don't  want to hear this but he even eats his own puke!)
He throws up alot (and as previously stated eats it  :sick:)
Isn't the most playful cat in the world (if catnipped will be like a kitten though)
Will do anything for attention

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment....

Link to CatChat