Author Topic: Haven't forgotten you all  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Re: Haven't forgotten you all
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 23:47:00 PM »
Hi Rosella it's great to hear from you  ;D

Good grief you are busy  :)

Can't wait to catch up on the handsome trio and of course more pics of them please  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »
Hi Tan

Tom woke me up at 2.50am the other night by miaowing VERY loudly in my face. The shock must have jolted me back to reality as I suddenly realised that the 31st isn't 1 week from Wednesday but 2. My initial reaction was thank god I've got another week but soon realised that's an extra 7 days without a break.

Me and my pal have had a small persoanl tax buisness for 10 years part of which is funded by contracting work I do for a small firm of accountants.  We have about 10 clients still to do but the small firm have about 275 and that isn't a mistype.  One of the girls there got up at 3.30am and was at her desk working from 4.30am to 4pm a few days ago. It's bedlam!  I have to say anyone turning up with missing receipts at the mo would be well advised to wear armour.  I'm amazed you find time to update this site.  I must stop moaning and get on with it!

I threw in the Tom reference (which is true btw) so this is still just slightly pussy related!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 00:04:49 AM »
Love this time of year for work..... Not !!! ha ha

Have ya nearly finished all ya tax return Ros? I have two urgent set of accounts to fini by Weds, then 2 more which are later yearends but are needed for a bank meeting so really busy week again for me coming.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 21:26:25 PM »
I am glad we're not self employed LOL..what a hassle all that reciept collecting, i remember my old boss used to have hundreds of reciepts everywhere !!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 21:14:55 PM »
Thanks Gill

Mmmm Mark ... what can I say. I mentioned your post to my work buddies today and have to say we will all be there to watch the knee capping and roast you on a spit afterwards.

The £100 penalty is nothing compared to what's in store for you next year so ...  BE WARNED !!!!!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 20:41:32 PM »
Nice to see you both , wondered where you were  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 20:31:21 PM »
I know how you feel - I have been backwards & forwards to the accountant with receipts! all week. when they think they have them all, I find a few more - I'm sure I could find a few more to drop in during the week - I have also been plaguing them with "queries" - I'm sure I must be the kind of client accountants love!  :evillaugh:

PS - They said they are being "understanding as it's my 1st time but will kneecap me if I am as bad next year!
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
Haven't forgotten you all
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 16:33:20 PM »
Just exhausted working 7 days a week up to the tax return filing deadline, bloody clients!

Wanted to let you know that me, Tom, Billy the Babe and the superb Mr Freddie Monster miss you all and look forward to checking back in to a normal life in February. Hugs to all :hug:

Link to CatChat