Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Advice Needed
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
i am like Ela, but that is us and not you, and I know how much you like kittens. One of the things that would sway it for me would be that Archie gets on so well with Poppy, and you might not get that with Dave.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »
So my dilemma? Do we adopt Poppy who I don't get on with, but the boys love and she is clearly the harder of the 2 to rehome?

I personally would adopt the harder to home cat every time.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 18:35:36 PM »
Its a hard decision to make and either way you go you might not be sure because If you take Dave you might feel guilty about not keeping Poppy and if you keep Poppy you may resent her a little bit because you really wanted Dave - caught between the Devil and the Deep Blue.

Its a real pity you cant have both of them  - I always follow my heart.

Good luck with whatever you decide
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 18:08:50 PM »
Easier said than done though Gill - my OH is useless - one min he'll say yes lets adopt Poppy then  'oh but I know how much you had your heart set on Dave........' The reality is we have time to make the decision - Dave is having a hernia op so won't be ready for rehoming til after that and Poppy is with us anyway. Just put feelers out, see what others think!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 18:06:00 PM »
Tough one but you have to go for the one that is liked the most by everyone, the one who fits in best with the resident cat and if its the one that will be hardest to rehome that will be good too.

But at the end of the day basically its just your decision and nobody can make it for you  ;D

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 18:01:39 PM »
Ok so we need advice. We currently have a foster with us called Poppy (see thread: Meet my semi-feral foster....) A few weeks before christmas I rescued a mother and 2 kittens from my local area and took them to the rescue. I instantly fell in love with the tabby male kitten whom I named Dave. I talked to my OH and we decided we wanted to adopt Dave when he was old enough which will be anytime now.
However, Poppy is now settled in our home, is semi-feral and 18months old. My OH absolutely adores her and wants to adopt her. To be honest she is far too skatty for me - she jumps at EVERYTHING and it drives me nutty. My little boy shouts Poppy all the time and Archie (my resident) loves her being around too.

So my dilemma? Do we adopt Poppy who I don't get on with, but the boys love and she is clearly the harder of the 2 to rehome? Or do we adopt the gorgeous Dave, who I know would be easy to rehome as we have had loads of enquiries for kittens, but he's a little boy tabby like my Archie, was the first kitten I helped and who I adore???? We can only adopt one due to money and space (I dont want to stop fostering and with those 2 I'd only have one foster space which is currently taken by fat cat Lucy)

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Link to CatChat