Author Topic: "Gastro Cat" (not) !  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: "Gastro Cat" (not) !
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 23:20:19 PM »
there's nothing with the exception of course of  buying "fluffy" cat slippers that I wouldn't do for their happiness.  ;D

You wouldnt? not even for them? LOL!  :innocent:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 21:45:34 PM »
What a wonderful slave you are Leigh  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 19:58:30 PM »
We are our own worst enemies. Clapton's morning routine is - at the moment he sleeps in the lower ground floor. I come down from the first floor and put coffee on. Then run up 2 floors to the attic to feed Alice. Then down 2 floors to the ground floor. Clapton is well aware of the fact I am there but insists on waiting until I walk down to the basement with the coffee to then rub around my legs to be fed - he won't eat in the basement so I have to go up to the ground floor again. I can't just leave food out - he has to see it served. I give him a pouch of food with jelly of which he will eat about 1/2 and then sit down by the dish waiting for it to be topped up with one in gravy. As I don't have 5 minutes to wait, I usually go downstairs and into the garden for my coffee and fag. He will come into the garden for a minute and then wait to be let in. Unless I follow him in, he will go back out again. So I have to go back up to to serve  the gravy dish  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 19:48:26 PM »
It's genetic Gillian, I come from a long line of surfs dating right back to Anglo-Saxon times, I'm genetically programmed to serve there's nothing with the exception of course of  buying "fluffy" cat slippers that I wouldn't do for their happiness.  ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 17:40:27 PM »
LOL!  :rofl: - you are the perfect slave Leigh!  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 13:56:12 PM »
Heeee  Heeeee Alfie, I hope he didn't drip any of that rain on you when he got back.  How dare he run out of yer food matey?    :fish: That'll teach him - we got God on our side.

My mum's off work today and she's bought me loads of stuff in town and the silly woman has bought herself a pair of cat slippers - I might have to cuddle up or play with them - she'll let me do anything as you know.

:angel: :catlove:

Bonnie xxxxxxx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 13:45:46 PM »
I know how you feel Leigh, all four of mine eat something different and they'd rather starve than have anything the others have!

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 13:42:21 PM »
So glad i'm not the only one with a gastro "Prima Donna"  ;) Rincewind is the same and it's the Felix as good as it looks that he wants as well! The only one he won't touch is the tuna! (though as I write this he's got his face in a bowl of the stuff- contrary little :censored:  :innocent:). Just went out and bought 96 pouches of the stuff so we don't run out, oh the horror of it  :shocked:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »
Frankie will even eat things not readily classified for human/feline consumption, my cooking for example 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »
Hiya,

The thing that got me was as he settled down by the radiator he looked at me smugly with that "why couldn't you have given me that two hours ago?" look. He's pretty easy to please provided that he gets "his" flavours twice a day he's a happy bunny but failure to provide said flavours and he really lets you feel his displeasure in no uncertain terms  ;D. Frankie will even eat things not readily classified for human/feline consumption, my cooking for example but Alfie's an "I know what I like and I like what I know" sort of cat.  ;D. I even managed to get some food myself by 8 o'clock however if I'd been a cat I could have dinned in abundance on Cod, Beef, Chicken and Salmon flakes in a gormet source on Alfie's rejected food choices  ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:11:17 AM »
 :evillaugh: Brilliant!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »
Lol Leigh, the things we'll do for our babes eh  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »
I love this story :D

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
"Gastro Cat" (not) !
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:50:11 AM »
Hi folks,

What a run around I had yesterday evening !. As far as food goes Frankie is so easy to please, if it's edible then he'll eat it and even if it's not strictly classified as edible, eg. catnip, he'll eat it. Suzie's not one to turn her nose up at anything but Alfie, what a gastro "prima donna" he is, basically the only food he really likes are the Felix "As good as it looks" Salmon and Tuna flavours and guess what I'd inadvertently run out of yesterday evening?. I apologetically gave him some Cod flavour with the promise that tomorrow (today) I would replenish my stocks of his favourite flavour but oh no!, he just sniffed at it, miaowed loudly a couple of times and then, with a look of mild disgust written all over his face he wandered away whilst Frankie polished off his with consumate ease. Time passed and he just wouldn't touch it so I tried him on a pouch of Beef flavour to the same effect. Then I had what I though was a pretty good idea by my standard that is and offered him a bowl of the chicken breast that I cooked for Sunday dinner, lovingly chopped up into easy to eat symmetrical, bite-sized chunks and he didn't even bother to miaow this time just looked at me as if to say "If you think I'm even going to humour you by sniffing that stuff then you are sadly mistaken mate, where's my usual stuff?!!".  Frankie on the other hand couldn't believe his luck and almost ate the bowl as well as the chicken and the look of utter bliss on his face was a sight to behold. I opened a tin of "special" food, you know the ones that state on the tin that they have been lovingly hand-prepared to a time-honoured recipe by an order of buddist monks, this time he feigned interest and I swear I heard him laugh under his breath as I tipped it away into the bin.

Knowing that I was in for an action replay the following morning I looked at the clock, Sainsburys shut in twenty minutes and I could walk there in ten so the only thing for it was to change and grab my coat and rucksack and "yomp" my way home with a supply of his favourite nosh. It was then, just as I was walking (half running actually) down the road that there was an enormous clap of thunder followed by a flash of sheet lightening followed equally immediately by a loud "whooshing" sound and, yes you guessed it, the heaven just opened up with biblical proportions with nowhere to shelter. About 15 minutes later bent double with the weight of four boxes of cat food in my rucksack and dripping wet I returned home. Alfie did his usual all over me greeting as I proceeded to fill his bowl with Salmon flavour Felix helping me to empty the pouch into the bowl by headbutting my arm with great enthusiasm and then like some great anticlimax, it was all over and he had polished it off and retired to his favourite spot on the scratch pad by the radiator with a look of sheer unadulterated happiness written all over his face, the things we do !  ;D ;D

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:00:53 AM by LeighK »

Link to CatChat