Author Topic: 2 house cats 18mths old washington tyne and wear-Now with RSPCA  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: 2 house cats 18mths old washington tyne and wear-Now with RSPCA
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 23:03:47 PM »
I hope thay will get a forever home soon  :hug:

Will changed title for you

Offline joblack

• Kitten
Well after 3 families changing their minds back and forth they have now gone to ponteland kennels RSPCA who managed to find them a space. Milo cried the whole way in the car :( but as soon as they got there they were more inquisitive than anything else. Hopefully they will find a loving home soon. Thanks to everyone who helped to try and find them a home. it was much appreciated.

Jo

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Fingers crossed for these two  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
I've asked her to get in contact with me or you, just to let me know what she's thinking so i'll let you know if I hear anything!
PS: I think she was thinking of coming up to yours so meet them in your home and then make arrangements from there
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:22:11 AM by adelcatsprotection »
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline joblack

• Kitten
ok.  :thanks:  well i have relatives in doncaster so i could even meet there and they could see them in a house environment as you cant really see what theyre like in a pet carrier.   :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Hmmm i'll chase her about it as she thought they sounded great - the only thing was the distance, but I knew you were ok to travel with the cats.... i'll see what I can find out!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline joblack

• Kitten
Hi i havent heard anything from the freind in bradford i thought she must have changed her mind  :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Well i'm a real Northerner, but am just rubbish at geography!!!

My friend is a biker and doesn't like going on the A1 cos of the slipstreams so I suggested getting her b/f to drive up there or get the train to meet the cats and then get the current owners to drive back with the cats if they liked them (that way they get to see where the cats would be living), but i'm leaving them to it really as I don't want to interfere too much!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Have you seen this thread... transport offered between Newcastle/Blackburn/Nottingham http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14469.0.html  Not sure how close Bradford and Blackburn are though, I'm a southerner  :shy:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
I've given Jo the details of my friend who was looking for indoor cats, but obviously Bradford and Newcastle aren't exactly close, so I think they're working it out *fingers crossed* as my friend thought they sounded perfect!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Hope that Jo gets in touch and it would be great to see Homed go up in the title  ;D

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Just to say that Jo has tried us at Gateshead CP and I've tried a couple of our other branches but unfortunately we are all bursting at the seams at the moment, I know she has also tried some other numbers I have given her with no luck. If anyone can help rehome these gorgeous cats that would be brilliant.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
 :welcome:

It's sad to hear about your cats and the situation you're in. Have you tried rescue centres in the local area? (I presume you have, but it's always worth keeping on at it!) I would also ask in local vets and get them to put up a poster for you.

I do have a friend who lives in the Bradford area who has recently moved to a new home near a busy road and has had to leave her cat at her mums and she is now looking for an indoor cat, but would consider taking on two. She lives in a rented property, but would be able to get written permission about keeping cats. She has had indoor cats before and therefore is well versed in preventing potential escapees! There's only one entrance and that's a double one with a porch which is good. There are no other pets and no children in the house and she is looking for fun, friendly and playful cats. She doesn't have too much experience of timid cats and therefore wouldn't want to take on anything too timid.

I can pass on contact details for you if you want a chat with her?

She's tried local rescues in her area (there are only two really and one is atrocious), and so asked me to keep my eyes open for something.

Just let me know what you think,
Jen x
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 13:54:52 PM by adelcatsprotection »

Offline joblack

• Kitten
2 house cats 18mths old washington tyne and wear-Now with RSPCA
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »
Hi this is a cross post from catchat, i was told to put it on here aswell i hope ive done this right?

We are in washington tyne and wear, im willing to travel for them to get a loving home. They are called Milo and Arwen.

Hi We have recently had to move home and our new house doesnt accept pets. (it was the only one with enough bedrooms in our price range) So i have two cats to find a home for. they are brother and sister 18 months old both neutered and are indoor cats but do like to lounge around in the garden sometimes. They are great with kids the female is a little timid sometimes but they both love a fuss. I have asked our landlord to reconsider but they wont and an agent is checking the house on the 7th!! please any ideas will be appreciated.

They are really not happy at the moment as they were used to the run of the house but they are confined to the conservatory and this morning weve come down to chewed handles on both the door to the room and outside and now i'm really paniky, my hubby is saying they need to go and i've told him im trying!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 23:04:36 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat