Author Topic: Re: URGENT CATS NEED HOME IN NEXT TWO WEEKS help needed in South Wirral area.(Sorted)  (Read 11196 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Anything to help them get somewhere to go.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 14:12:27 PM by Janeyk »

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
Re: URGENT CATS NEED HOME IN NEXT TWO WEEKS help needed in South Wirral area.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
OK Gill.  :thanks: for stickying it though - it helped it to get lots of advice & attention.
Cat xxxxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 02:27:07 AM »
As this has now been succcessfully resolved I am now unstickying it.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 13:14:06 PM »
So pleased that this one has been sorted .... such a shame that the poor lady has had to be parted from her furries.  Sending lots of love and good wishes to Molly, Angel and of course their owner.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 00:38:02 AM »
Fingers and paws are all crossed for Molly, Angel & their owner. I hope things start going right for this trio.  :luck:
Cat xxxxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 20:15:58 PM »
hope they get a forever home soon and hope owner has a better life

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Aww, fingers crossed that they aren't at Freshfields for too long.
Please spay your cat

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 19:06:42 PM »
Just a final update on these two oldies, Molly and Angel.  The owner will take them on Thursday to Freshfields in Liverpool who have kindly offered them a place and hopefully will be able to find them loving homes.

many thanks again for all the useful information supplied, which I will keep on file for any future cases, but hopefully will never need again (nothing personal!).  It has been very emotional dealing with this one!

Good luck to Molly and Angel and also to her owner.   :luck:
Who's SHE, the cat's mother?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 20:39:49 PM »
I very pleased that the pts option has gone away but it would be great to have a forever home for them  ;D

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 14:49:04 PM »
Light at the end of the tunnel!!   ;D  Finally managed to catch up with owner who had a reply from Freshfields last night.  If no homes can be found by next weekend, they have offered to have the cats and I have strongly advised her to take them up on the offer.  At least after the initial isolation period they would have a pen with a run and also a good chance of finding loving homes to spend their twilight years.  Have offered to take the cats to my vet to have initial vaccinations and general check up, so she will ring back tonight to let me know how she got on with Freshfields and we can sort that one out.  Hopefully, there will be no major health problems. 

We are still actively looking to place the cats directly into homes if anyone suitable comes forward, but at least the threat of pts has been averted, much to everyone's relief!

She is also looking into the possibility of having them fostered by the organisations a couple of you have recommended, but as she doesn't know what the future holds for the next few months, she will probably decide to go with Freshfield's offer.

Will keep you posted as things develop, but in the meantime, if any of you can perform miracles and produce a couple of wonderful homes, please SHOUT!! :attention:

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 23:26:19 PM »
Thanks, hopefully it will not just cover London, but South Wirral, too.  It's the same link Ruba copied to me earlier.  I have left a message again for the owner to ring me as there have not been any offers of homes, so she needs to start making other arrangements.   :(

Good news for another oldie at risk though, Missy went to her new home tonight, 13 years young, thanks to CC, so I pray that we will be equally successful with Angel and Molly, giving the exposure you guys have given them.  Many thanks again for everyone's help. xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 23:18:09 PM »
Cross posted this as someone suggested. Got this response:

A new service, The Freedom Project, launched today by Dogs Trust – the UK’s largest dog welfare charity – will open the door to freedom for thousands of London women, and their dogs, who are victims of domestic violence.

The Freedom Project is an innovative pet fostering scheme for women going into refuges or temporary accommodation. It works by temporarily placing the dog at risk with a volunteer foster carer who will care for that dog in their own home until they can be safely reunited with their owner. During the foster placement the Freedom Project provides all pet food and veterinary treatment free of charge. Total anonymity is assured, dogs will not be fostered in the area where the owner is from and the carer who fosters the dog will not know who the owner is or where they live. Freedom Project staff provide help and support and each placement is monitored on a regular basis.

Anyone who feels they need to use the service should contact the Freedom Project on 0800 298 9199, email freedomproject@dogstrust.org.uk or write to Freedom Project, PO Box 50208, London EC1V 7XP.

The following telephone numbers may also be helpful. However, they were posted in 2005 so I don't know whether they are still in use today:

Pet Easement Project 07789 697398
Paws For Kids 01204 698999
Petsafe 01162 484571
Pet Refuge 07903 588997
Petsafe R.S.P.C.A 07715 540182

Hope some of this is useful!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 22:21:22 PM »
Many thanks for those useful websites.  I will pass on information to owner, but think she is moving into rented accommodation closer to some of her own family.  Still, it is something for her to consider and I am very grateful for the advice.   :thanks:

Offline Ruba

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 17:05:53 PM »
Hi!   :shy:
I feel like I'm butting in here, but I happen to know that in cases of domestic violence Refuge and Women's Aid can arrange a  fostering service for pets.
Has this lady found permanent accomodation or is it just a refuge, with possibility to move on to soem wher else, cause if this no-cats place is only temporary she could ask re fostering.  Here's a link:

http://www.refuge.org.uk/news.html?newsID=126

http://www.womensaid.org.uk/landing_page.asp?section=000100010008

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 12:10:31 PM »
No, she was fortunate (if you can call it that) to be offered accommodation where she could take the dog but sadly not the cats as well.  She feels very guilty and it is heartbreaking to have to deal with someone who's obviously had such a tough time through which her animals helped her cope and now has to give them up.  Let's hope she can leave with the knowledge that her babies are well looked after! 

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 11:57:53 AM »
Is the dog looking for a home also then She?  It is a sad tale.
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 22:16:11 PM »
As promised a quick update as I have been able to speak to owner again. She was put in touch with Freshfields by local vet and as they were going to get back to her did not ring anyone else (she hasn't heard so far).  I have advised her to ring CP South Wirral with a view to placing cats on their website (and will also contact them myself directly now to make it more urgent) and also to ring RECW in Devon just in case Freshfields are unable to help.  Him indoors is happy to make the journey if we have to, bless him, not a bad old stick really..... :evillaugh:  But I would rather not subject two elderly cats to such a horrendous trek if we don't have to.

In the meantime, we've also had the offer of a spare room on a temporary basis from someone well known to the forum (and who's had a cat from us), should push come to shove, but we would only impose on that offer if it came to the crunch.  Thanks, matey!!  ;)

Another thing has also materialised, that these cats are used to a dog which gives us a few more options to home I guess and also that Angel bullies Molly mercilessly, so it would not be a bad thing to separate them to give Molly a few more years of peace, hopefully.

Things aren't quite looking as glum as they did this morning, thanks again to all you guys who have tried so hard for the two golden oldies.  Let's hope we can find them a couple of loving permanent homes for their twilight years.  I will also amend their write up on Catchat to include "used to dogs" and emphasise that they can be separated quite happily.  Thank you all for pushing this one!!   :thanks:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 23:19:56 PM by She »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 18:27:30 PM »
I will try and change the heading so it stands out and make it a sticky until end of month............I hope they find a home  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 18:29:07 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
Re: Urgent help needed in South Wirral area.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 14:34:46 PM »
Hi everyone

Keep having sneaky peeks on the web as I am at work, thanks for working so hard on this one. 

A cattery is hardly the small cage scenario a vet has to offer, at least they would have a run.  Unfortunately, neither of the cats are vaccinated and although the lady has offered to pay for vacc we would not be able to get them covered before she leaves, so no decent cattery would accept them.

I had hoped that may be a home can be found for the younger one, Angel, and we can squeeze in the timid oldie Molly with the rest of ours if it comes to the crunch, although it is not an ideal situation as we have two dozen long termers with us already plus a dog and we do not have a large house!!  At the moment, we would not have anywhere to isolate her which isn't really fair on her or the others residing with us.  Left a message with the owner last night to establish if she has made contact with any of the other rescues (including South Wirral CP), but so far not reply.  I'll try her again tonight and will update as soon as there is news.

Thanks again for all your efforts, much more appreciated than you will ever know!!

xx

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 13:54:30 PM »
Hi Des,

I had thought about cattery fees but was hesitant because of what Gina had written re the small cage scenario.  But yes, I would be willing to help with cattery fees if nothing better available in the meantime.

You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 13:50:27 PM »
Just had a look on Pet rescue and can't see them ... is anyone a member who could put a post on?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 13:33:01 PM »
Does anyone know if they have been put on Pet Rescue? I do hope something can be sorted for them - I Can't take on two cats, but what about if we could all club together for cattery fees?
Please spay your cat

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 13:28:43 PM »
Thanks Teresa. I've emailed them and am hoping to hear back from them soon. :thanks:
Cat xxxxx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 13:10:45 PM »
Has anyone tried South Wirral Cats Protection ?
southwirralcpl@yahoo.co.uk

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 13:08:18 PM »
Poor things - I hope they find a new home in time.

I will post Cat's original post on Emma's feline friends forum.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 12:40:27 PM »
Hi Sam,

Thanks for posting this on the hovel's site. I'm not on the hovel myself but just wondered whether we should stress the urgency of this case by using capital letters.....this thread is not even particularly noticeable on this site..it doesn't leap out at you.... but these poor little cats might have less than two weeks to live. 

I know there are other cat chat sites ....  Dawn (DD) and Candice use Catnip but I don't know Catnip's website address and there are others that might be worth a try too. Emma's new site for example might be worth looking up.  Anyone know the address?

I don't have the time for other chat forums but if anyone reads this message and knows of any, please could you post this plea for a home, temporary or otherwise for these cats urgently. I will continue to try my own contacts....unfortunately South Wirral area is so far away from me.

Many thanks

Lots of love

Roz

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 12:20:11 PM »
Thank you, Sam, much appreciated. xx :thanks:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 18:58:30 PM »
I have posted this on the hovel .... hopefully there will be someone out there who can help these two:

http://www.thehovel.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7540

Offline She

• Adult Cat
  • Jasmine loves Bonnie
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 17:58:31 PM »
Hi everyone

Thanks to Cat Campbell for posting the plea on this forum to raise awareness about Molly's and Angel's need for a new home.  We only have two weeks (less now) because the lady is moving at the end of the month and we just haven't got any more space at the rescue to accommodate two cats.  Our only fosterhome is quarantined at the moment after we had a ringworm case and I do not believe in keeping these poor cats in a small cage at the vets, done that and lost the poor baby to FIP brought on by the stress, so never again!  I have however given the owner a number to ring in Devon (RECW) and if they have the space we would be happy to take the cats there ourselves.  Will also explore the Paws for Kids route; I don't think she is moving into a refuge but away from this area into rented accommodation which does not allow pets.  Still, anything is worth a try.

Will let you know how things develop.  Plenty of prayers to the great Cat Goddess might do the trick! 

Best wishes and many thanks again for all your encouraging posts.

Gina, Ellesmere Port Cat Rescue

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 10:21:19 AM »

I'm not sure if this area is covered, but the RSPCA do have some schemes that help out with animals in such cases

yes I think its called euthanasia  :-: :-: :scared:

I have read so many bad reports about the RSPCA now that I would be extremly reluctant to contact them in a rescue situation. Shame but there it is. I would personally recommend going to the local cats protection league who could put someone  in touch with all the cat rescue /rehoming centres in a given area.

Its easy now to get help because of all the wonderful peeps on this and other forums but last year I had to find a home the same day for a tom cat and kitten and didn't know where to turn to.

I had gone to one of the Housing Trust's flats to find the tenant had done a runner and left a lovely ginger tom and a pregnant   kitten behind. Luckily I was put in touch with a marvelous woman called Sam from the Somerset & Dorset cat rescue who dropped everything and rushed 25 miles over to where I was to rescue them. She had to later return at night to catch them. Sam managed to rehome all of them and She does most of this from her own pocket . I was stunned when I learnt how big her overdraft was paying vets bills etc 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:22:45 AM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 22:00:12 PM »
Sue, Paws for Kids do deal with cats too, I volunteered to foster for them at one point but was too far away. I do hope that something can be sorted for these two.
Please spay your cat

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 19:23:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice folks. I havn't posted this thread on the hovel as I'm not a member there. If any of the Catchat and Purrs forum members on here also use the hovel forum please feel free to post this thread there. :thanks:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:26:26 PM by cat campbell »
Cat xxxxx

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 18:51:33 PM »
There's an organisation called Paws for Kids, I think they're Bolton based but I'm not sure if they do cats - might only be dogs but could be worth a try.

I'm not sure if this area is covered, but the RSPCA do have some schemes that help out with animals in such cases.

For future ref - Yorkshire and London are covered by Dogs Trust's Freedom Project which can also help with cats.

Sadly North East seems to be missing any organised schemes (or at least they were, may be different now)

Best luck

x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 18:40:21 PM »
Have you tried posting the www.thehovel.com/bb as well as there may be someone on there who can help.

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 15:09:53 PM »
Hi Ellie & Roz, thank you both for your kind responses. I don't know all the details involved in this case as Gina from Ellesmere Port Cat Rescue only sent me the details I have posted below. At Catchat we have posted these details on our Top Cats pages and Ellesmere Port have also posted the appeal on their Catchat rehoming page. We are hoping that by spreading the appeal over as big an audiance as we can the better chance we have of finding homes for poor Molly and Angel.
Cat xxxxx

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 14:03:09 PM »
Oh Gosh, only two weeks to find these poor little girls a home...why?

I wish I could do something but I cannot unfortunately.  I'm sure I read about a Shelter that had been established to help animals who were victims of domestic violence cases.....can't remember what they were called now.

Will of course keep an ear open for anyone who might be interested.

Good luck to the little loves

Roz

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 23:17:18 PM »
Oh what a tragic story and I hope Molly and Angel owner is ok after her ordeal.

Keeping everything crossed that those poor babes find someone to give them a loving forever home xx

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
I'm posting this on behalf of Gina at Ellesmere Port Cat Rescue:

The owner of Molly and Angel has to move suddenly to escape a violent relationship and unfortunately cannot take the cats with her to her new address. As you can imagine she is distraught at having to find her beloved cats a new home. Molly and Angel do not need to stay together, they are not particulary close. Molly is the older around 15 years young, black and white, and quite timid with strangers, although absolutely fine once she has had time to get acquainted. Angel is 11 years, a tabby shorthair, much more confident and forthcoming. Both cats have been neutered and the owner is happy to have them vaccinated if that would help to find them a new home quickly. At the moment, they are indoor cats and would suit a retired person/couple who have a little experience with the feline kind and appreciate that they may need a little time and space to settle in after their ordeal over the last few months. We have two weeks to find them a new home or they may have to be pts.

If you can help, please contact Gina on 0151-356 4301 (calls will be returned during the evening) or e-mail anytime gina.catrescue@btinternet.com and we will put you in touch with the owner. Many thanks.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 14:12:00 PM by Janeyk »
Cat xxxxx

Link to CatChat