Author Topic: 17th May - Procter & Gamble global boycott day  (Read 7141 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: 17th May - Procter & Gamble global boycott day
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 21:34:40 PM »
What can I use instead of Head and Shoulders and Bounce?  does anybody know of alternatives?

Tesco do their own version and a lot cheaper - same active ingredient.

Bounce as in fabric conditioner sheets? - I have never used them so don't know if supermarkets sell own brand?

Some alternatives are nicer and cheaper.

For Febreze, I use Sainsbury's own and it's lovely and only 78p  ;D

I have to admit, most of the things I used to use were P&G so I have found it hard to get the "house smell" I was used to. I love the smell of flash and haven't found a decent alternative smell wise and the fact that it doesn't foam - but I can live without it. I always used Yellow Lenor but not now.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 20:24:30 PM »
I generally (when the budget permits) use Redken. They have a range of products that include moisturising and frizz resistant etc, and are incredibly expensive. But, when you consider you use about a quarter of the product you use with cheaper shampoos and conditioners, they actually last better. So a bottle of redken - 6 months on short hair, vs cheaper shampoos 2 months for the same volume ... If you can afford the up-front price, it is well worth the difference ...  ;D

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 19:36:21 PM »
What can I use instead of Head and Shoulders and Bounce?  does anybody know of alternatives?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 20:39:37 PM »
Did not realise they made somany products >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 18:57:12 PM »
I wondered if she had left as she slagged Nigel Barker off on Jonathan Ross  :evillaugh:

I would like to think she resigned on Moral grounds but ulikely as she did so many seasons. I think the Dan Lyons was trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

PS - PLEASE DON'T SPOIL THE NEXT SEASON FOR US!!!!!  :evillaugh:
I thought season 10 was the one that just finshed?  :Crazy:

Britain's next Top Model is Rubbish  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 18:08:08 PM »
I love top model and been watching series 10 on youtube. Good news is Twiggy is no longer a judge. The season just shown on living was her last season as a judge.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 12:50:08 PM »
Got a reply from Uncaged - I think what he says is true as Twiggy has donbe loads of seasons so must be aware. Hopefully they can sway her judgement.

Hi Mark

Yeah, it's a bit irritating!

I think the way it works with these programmes is that the sponsorship is a commercial issue organised separately from the actual making of the programme, so she might have participated without being aware of the sponsors.

We're trying to contact her to dissuade her from being associated with P&G-sponsored stuff in future.

Cheers
Dan Lyons

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 17:52:22 PM »
Yes, Cover Girl Cosmetics and Clairol are P&G companies. I haven't had a reply to my email. Sorry but it's double standards if she is the face of ethical shopping and having her wages paid by P&G as well  >:(

I am hoping for an explanation as I like Twiggy but I can't see how they can answer it.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 15:02:12 PM »
I never knew that ! I always watch that too !!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:16:28 PM »
I have emailed Uncaged asking why Twiggy is featured as a supporter and yet she is a judge on America's Next Top Model which is sponsored by P&G  :Crazy: :Crazy:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:16:50 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 11:33:18 AM »
More info here

Good but hard hitting website  gives examples of what buying and item pays for in terms of animal experiments. There are clear hard-hitting photos which bring home how important it is to boycott this vile company.

http://www.boycottpandg.co.uk/

There is also a link to the compassionate shopping guide.

Most vets have stopped selling Iams - It's a shame VetUK started selling it - It's the only reason I don't like ordering from them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:42:54 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 11:24:37 AM »
where do you find these things out?

Usually emails from Uncaged, PETA etc.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »
I had no idea they made Oral B or Vicks either.  These are all things we use on a day to day basis without even realising. 

The only one I have to continue to use is Fairy, as its the only brand which isn't too bad for J's eczema, and believe me, we've  tried pretty much every sensitive washing powder on the market  :(

Did you try Filetti?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 11:22:50 AM »
My biggest sacrifice is Fairy Non-bio washing tablets. They have the best smell in the world. When I stopped buying P&G completely last year I had a box and have used them sparingly - ie just to wash bedspreads  :evillaugh: - I have been caught out a few times buying P&G without knowing. They make so many things  :Crazy:
Pringles was a shock - also Gillette, bounty etc.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:47:13 AM »
its a bit of a minefield isn't it especially if you have to take medicine of any kind

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »
I had no idea they made Oral B or Vicks either.  These are all things we use on a day to day basis without even realising. 

The only one I have to continue to use is Fairy, as its the only brand which isn't too bad for J's eczema, and believe me, we've  tried pretty much every sensitive washing powder on the market  :(

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:13:12 AM »
where do you find these things out?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 02:11:05 AM »
Yes, i agree Mark-worse company in the world  >:(and into everything and totally uncaring about the animals they torture. >:( >:(
I try and buy mostly shops own cleaning stuff and have a llist somewhere of all the stuff that doesn''t involve animal testing

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
17th May - Procter & Gamble global boycott day
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 16:06:11 PM »
http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pgtesting.htm

I boycott them every day although I keep findin things I didn't know they made, Like Duracell, Gillette etc.

I know they make Leno, Bold, Bounty, Charmin, Head & Shoulders, Pringles

PLEASE DON'T BUY P&G PRODUCTS - THEY ARE EVIL  >:(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 23:17:36 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat