Author Topic: Some tails from the Clan Cats - The fearsome ferals!!!!!  (Read 1886 times)

Offline daniellesdogs

• Adult Cat
Re: Some tails from the Clan Cats - The fearsome ferals!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 16:47:57 PM »
i was crying while writing it and tom died three years ago he was second from last to die from our 16 rescue cats my sister has the last still now thats toms daughter and is such an affectionate kitty but very nervous just like tom.
danielle

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 16:20:34 PM »
Hissyness Miss sabrina after nearly 6 years still un touchable but she adores the others and is in Charge of the house cats and nobdy will challange that believe me!

Ah she lives up to the name;)

Online Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 21:18:49 PM »
oooh ace looks so mean and fierce  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: NOT!!!!!

daniellesdogs -  what a lovely story .... just goes to show cats instinctively know good people when they find them  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Moggy73

• Adult Cat
  • mum to Boris, Poosha and Chicken
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 21:16:16 PM »
my sister found a feral cat in the road about 16 years ago thinking it was dead she went to move it from the road so it would get run over again like you do, he clawed her the passed out again so she brouht it round to me to take to the vets, he never made it as soon as car door open he was out and away. tom as we called him lived in our frount garden for 6 years we feed him wormed him a throw flea powder at him but could never touch him. then he came in the cat flap to fight with our timmy ( 1 of 15) and stayed after a further 5 years we could just about stroke him. in the last 4 years of his life tom desided he liked us and he died on my bed while we slept
took time but he was the toughthest cat i ever met and he learned to purr

What a moving but wonderful story .. bought a tear to my eye ..
'one cat just leads to another'
    Earnest Hemingway

Offline daniellesdogs

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 20:59:52 PM »
my sister found a feral cat in the road about 16 years ago thinking it was dead she went to move it from the road so it would get run over again like you do, he clawed her the passed out again so she brouht it round to me to take to the vets, he never made it as soon as car door open he was out and away. tom as we called him lived in our frount garden for 6 years we feed him wormed him a throw flea powder at him but could never touch him. then he came in the cat flap to fight with our timmy ( 1 of 15) and stayed after a further 5 years we could just about stroke him. in the last 4 years of his life tom desided he liked us and he died on my bed while we slept
took time but he was the toughthest cat i ever met and he learned to purr
danielle

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 23:01:58 PM »
He looks so wild, not  :evillaugh:  Great pics Liz  :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 22:00:29 PM »
Aw they are gorgeous....I love to see them in a relaxed setting!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 20:55:04 PM »
Have loved Ace from day one (since a forum member) and have to say he's just the bee's knees.  :Luv:  Diva not so shabby herself  :Luv2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Some tails from the Clan Cats - The fearsome ferals!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 20:29:07 PM »
As most of you know we have a majority of feral cats ranging from nice to really nasty and those in between and a lot of folks ask on this forum if they can adapt to being house cats - as the photo's show they can and have in our home although they still aren't for the novice but all have adapted and been with us now for 2 years in Ace's case, 2.5 years for Miss Diva, Lima nearly 8 years, Lynx and Lunar for nearly 3 years, and Rogue for 4.5 years and her Hissyness Miss sabrina after nearly 6 years still un touchable but she adores the others and is in Charge of the house cats and nobdy will challange that believe me!

Ace has relaxed in to domesticaion with gusto although he still runs from all other folks except Robin and I but he spent the first 3 yeras of his life as an unneuterd tom cat and now is ours from our previous colony and on his vets notes it says really nasty and do not ever remove from crush cage unless out cold!  From the photo can you beleive it!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat