Author Topic: Kitten poo....warning, lol!  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: Kitten poo....warning, lol!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »
Milo is 6 months old and has recently started to meow before going in the litter tray, and he produces the smelliest poo's I've ever encountered! He seriously stinks! So I totally understand where you're coming from

Offline Christie

• Adult Cat
  • Beloved Bella Lucia
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »
I think they were feeding him Felix wet pouches. His appetite is very good, I"m feeding him small meals (of Felix & Whiskas kitten food pouches) every few hours and he's ready for it. He doesn't seem interested in kitten milk (have some from PAH, Lily and Tink love it), and I mix in water with his food. I might try mixing in some kitten milk. He doesn't try to suckle my fingers or t-shirt, I've been around very young kittens before who would do that.

Our vet is wonderful, she'll give him a tip-to-tail and let me know if his diet needs adjusting, and how old he really is.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 08:51:26 AM »
What was he being fed before you had him? Perhaps the change in diet has upset him. He may even be too young to be on solid food. Ask the vet about putting him back onto kitten milk for a while. A vet visit is definitely needed, kittens can die so quickly. Sorry to alarm you, but he is very young and should be still suckling and with mum.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Christie

• Adult Cat
  • Beloved Bella Lucia
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 17:14:26 PM »
I don't think dehydration is a problem; he's drinking a little water on his own, plus I'm mixing water in with the jelly on his food, and he's scarfing that down. But I"ll def keep as close an eye on him and his potty habits  :sick: as I can stand. I think I"ve got an old gas mask around somewhere...

:wow:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:22:08 PM »
I would check with the vet ... and if everything is OK it might be an idea to add a little lactoB to his food to help firm him up.  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:19:09 PM »
gosh he is young to leave his mum. my kittens do this and they're now 5 weeks old.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »
The boys did the meowing when they were little so I'd say that's fairly normal, his loose motions/smellyness could be to do with the stress of moving to his new home (even if it is better than his last  :)).  Little kittens can become dehydrated very quickly though so if the looseness continues then I'd definitely get an appt at the vets sooner than his check up appt.

Offline Christie

• Adult Cat
  • Beloved Bella Lucia
Kitten poo....warning, lol!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »
Sorry for the topic.... :evillaugh:

Our new kitten goes to vet on Thursday morning. He's a bright spark, great appetite, peeing and pooing. It's been quite a while since I had a small kitten (around 7-8 weeks old), so I"m not absolutely sure what's 'normal'. He meows when he's getting ready to poop, it's very funny, like he's announceing it, I don't think it hurts or anything, it's just a meow. But his poo is, er, rather strong  :sick: , and it's soft, partially runny, and partially soft turds.  :shify: *sorry!*

Is this fairly normal? I'm not feeding him any cow's milk, he's having mashed up wet kitten food, and water as he wants it.

Link to CatChat