Author Topic: Toilet time troubles  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Toilet time troubles
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »
Rebekah, a friend of mine with five cats (she's added one of my ferals, Archie) and a blind dog, uses covered trays. The cats don't trail the litter, but the dog digs it out as a 'hobby'.  :rofl:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 00:08:17 AM »
I'd be interested to know what the least 'tracking' litter is too, I have two hooded trays and one of those big PAH mats that Cheesecat mentioned but the boys still traipse litter EVERYWHERE! I use chick crumbs at the moment but seeing as I don't bother flushing anymore I'm happy to change to anything that doesn't track. 

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 23:17:52 PM »
That sounds good Dawn ;D

By the way I bought the cov. tray from Argos and it was £12.99 ;D It comes with charcaol filters

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 23:00:41 PM »
I was going to say covered tray  :shy: also Pets at Home do these little mat things that you put outside the tray and they sort of collect any litter off the paws as the cat walks out of the tray (if that makes sense) I think the small one is £6 and the big £10 (we cut the big one in half and put one outside both the covered trays)

The wood based litter is the worst for tracking though I found - they seem to get little dusted yellow feet  :evillaugh:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 20:57:10 PM »
I have a covered tray on the landing for that reason, Zi still gets some on the carpet, but not as much - and it also depends on what kind of litter you use
Please spay your cat

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 20:53:01 PM »
Just got a covered tray for Archie and its great ;D He was  scratching all over the place, floor, catflap etc.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 19:50:07 PM »
Covered tray should help alto not tried one.

Also I've noticed that Vader gets a little confused when he is attempting to cover his *business*. He seems to like to dig everywhere, except in the tray (ie the floor and the wall). It's not an issue, but he makes a right racket!

Both Billy and Freddie do this altho they usually go to loo outside. Tom uses tray most of the time now but doesn't bother trying to cover it so Freddie will try and cover it unless...... we cover it for them using scoop which is what usually happens even in middle of night just to get some peace.  Sorry not to be more help.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 19:38:43 PM »
A few suggestions:

Try using a bigger tray with less litter and change the litter frequently.

Or consider a covered tray, this should keep the litter inside, unless they manage to trail it out of one of these also.  :scared:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Toilet time troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 19:19:18 PM »
Well not so much trouble but it is a pain in the bum for me! (No pun intended)

Whenever my two boys go to use the facilities they end up taking half of the litter with them when they go to walk away. I keep finding it all over the house, unless I hover 4 times a day - sadly I'm not that much of a domestic goddess. Am I using too much litter, or is it just one of those things? Does anyone else have this problem?

Also I've noticed that Vader gets a little confused when he is attempting to cover his *business*. He seems to like to dig everywhere, except in the tray (ie the floor and the wall). It's not an issue, but he makes a right racket!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 19:21:50 PM by KittyNewbie »

Link to CatChat