Author Topic: Devestated by all the cruelty to animals & seems to be getting worse or is it?  (Read 4168 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Definately agree, many years ago I did tons of work doing stalls myself in town centres spreading the word and lots of letter writing, etc but now I just feeled overwhelmed by it all and so powerless as its got a lot more seemingly and it is depressing me.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Michelle & I were talking about it on the phone yesterday - it just makes you feel even more overwhelmed and powerless. All we can do Is our best and spread the word. A lady in America gave Michelle links to shelters in America showing them euthanising lots of cats & dogs. It's things like that that show there is no good reason for breeding when so many have to die. Also the government approved testing which is appalling - it it just heartbreaking  :'(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Yes Mark I am at the point that I cannot watch them anymore also as I feel my heart is breaking.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I got to the point where I can't watch them any more. I have seen videos of Chinese hanging cats with belts ready to skin them, dogs beaten to death to make the meat more tender (even more heartbreaking as the dog was obediently try to wag it's tail  :'( ), young deer having their throat slit and their head shut in the door to stop them struggling (And this is in a so called proper kosher abbatoir  >:( ), mink skinned alive (and still alive skinned  >:( - It is a sick and cruel world - I wish I could believe in god and an afterlife where these sickos burn in hell and the animals have paradise - but I'm way beyond believing there is a benevolent being  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
I am not very sure. I remember our School used to keep rabbits and one very disturbed boy killed them all, this was in the 1970s. Also some  :censored: boys were killing chickens in a horrible way.

However I do not remember tales of groups of  :censored: harming cats, although I am sure many were drowned :'(

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
I try not to let it get me down but some days are harder than others I guess.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
 :hug: Nikki, I personally don't think its got worse or better. In fact, I am very much like you, thinking that it has, however, its because I am now part of various groups (action or otherwise) and get information about things I never would have been exposed to before. It seems to get worse but I think that the world is slowly being exposed for what it might have always been. I am sure its better in many areas because the community gets involved.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
It just makes me so sad, youngsters are a lot more violent now it seems also!   It just makes my heart bleed when I think of all those animals suffering in peoples houses right now.  :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
tbh I feel like things are getting worse generally, cruelty to people was well, it seems like people just don't have empathy for anything - maybe I''m just getting old!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Is it just me or does animal cruelty seem to be getting worse and on the increase?  I really cannot take it anymore when I read storys in papers about teenagers kicking an animal to death let alone the terrible things large corporations like Proctor and Gamble do, it just saddens me to a depressive state and I really get to the point that I cannot bring myself to open yet another link with awful pictures in as I just feel like my heart will break and the tears wont stop.  I really feel I could loose to plot sometimes over it all.    Does anyone else thing it is getting worse?

Link to CatChat