Author Topic: Cat killer trial postponed  (Read 3812 times)

MBll

Re: Cat killer trial postponed
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 13:39:39 PM »
I aways believe that those that dish it out  can take it  then lets see how thy like it.....think its only fair & right

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 13:34:43 PM »
Like Nick, I wish that whatever these sick individuals do to inflict pain and suffering on animals was done to them - exactly the same.  I know we'll never see it happen in the real world but I think it would be the only way to help people understand what they've done.  And I wouldn't show mercy.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 13:03:20 PM »
Disgusting.

When will people learn that animals are not playthings or stress toys or "throwaway" items?!?!?!

I was going to say that taking a life should get the same punishment no matter what breed, animal, species - human, cat, dog, whatever - but then again, people get away with no fit punishment for murdering a human these days, so no hope for the poor animals.

Makes me sick - I hope the judge is an animal lover but what are the chances!!!
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 21:59:44 PM »
If she tries to use the Mental Health route, I hope the assessing Psychiatrist - who has to be section 12 approved and is invariably an ex GP or certainly GP qualified - sees through that excuse and decides that, at the time, the balance of her mind was not depressed and that her actions were based on hurting the man she sought to spite.

I have little time for people who try that one on. I've seen a few who, with money troubles, say they went 'mental' and spent on he two or three credit cards they were given........drug addicts who have spent out and are completely broke so do something hoping to get into a unit for a bit of rest, recouperation and - of course - methadone treatment......and while I should not say it, I have very little time for those who try it on. If she gets away with this, then the RSPCA should bring a private prosecution in - or her ex partner should at least get her banned from ever keeping a pet.

Washing machine and her I agree with. Then, that's too easy. Nic, alas, is probably going to be right.

Damned woman deserves the full weight of the law and haven't we just been notoified that the law on pets is on the verge of changing?

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 20:54:29 PM »
Rest in peace Paws you were a real beauty.

Depression is a rotten and strange illness, yet I have never known it to have this affect on anybody before.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline pippivixen

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Billie. 10/05/90 - 05/12/06
    • The Tearoom, a forum for all Mystery Shoppers.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 20:07:49 PM »
A woman local to me got sent to prison for 28 days for cat / animal cruelty http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RSPCA/Page/RSPCAArchiveNewsTemplate&cid=1110904571572&articleId=1128415217801, she tried to get off by going down the mental illness route, but it didn't work on the Judge.

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 19:40:47 PM »
I agree with you Nick, sadly even if she does end up in prison, that will be no punishment as it seems to me life on the inside is a lot more cushy for some as it is on the outside.
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 19:33:19 PM »
I hope to see that happen one day too, Nick.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

saffron

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 19:32:42 PM »
dont they alwaysd get away with   " I was mentally ill", "I was drunk", "I'm on drugs"  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 19:30:53 PM »
can't bring myself to read this .It would upset me too much. If I ever met a person that had been this cruel to a cat I would metre out the same punishment without a seconds hesitation. God help me

Its not difficult for anyone to take out their frustrations on a trusting animal . Pets trust us because they have never been given any reason to mistrust us. When someone does something like this the cat doesn't suspect anything bad is going to happen to it because humans stroke and feed it so it allows itself to be hurt . Even then it probably doesn't associate the pain with the human doing it.

Just wish I could read of one instance where someone hurting an animal has received some real justice. It would restore the balance a little bit.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 19:14:49 PM »
Sorry but I can only think of one thing to say - what an absolute princess, makes me wonder what she could do to a child ???
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 18:36:52 PM »
I can't bring myself to read the link, but can guess what's happened from your posts.  Cruel though it is, I hope she truly does go completely mental.  To be locked in a hell of her own making would be divine justice. 

MBll

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 18:12:24 PM »
Id stick her in the washin  machine & swtich it on

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 18:07:06 PM »
Bl :censored: dy hell! I'd  hate to see what she did if she had a full blown argument not a spat over the phone!

I've been diagnosed with depression, as has my partner and even at the lowest ebb I don't think either of us could do something like that in response to a disagreement. What a lunatic!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 16:17:51 PM »
I remember your post although could not bring myself to read it at the time.

I have just read it here, a full cycle, so that's an hour in the washing machine that's horrible and there is no excuse for it.  This makes me very angry, why do people on purposely cause pain and suffering to innocent animals like this, I just cannot understand it.  My personal opinion is I strongly believe the punishment should fit the crime!
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 16:01:15 PM »

Yes i remember the when you posted it
Tell you what i would like to do to her  :censored:

Wish they wouldnt put a pic of the poor cat with the story though - makes my cry looking at its sweet face

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
Cat killer trial postponed
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 14:18:42 PM »
Some of you will remember the thread I posted after this appalling story - and also that I forecast she would claim she was mentally ill.

Ho hum..........she did and they have postponed the trial. Full story on:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6247295.stm

By rights, the psychiatric report should be done by an animal loving consultant level over-middle-aged man with a strong sense of social justice and a particular love of cats. That way she would at least get a fair hearing.............!

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Link to CatChat