Author Topic: Loving home waiting for older cat, Daventry  (Read 9716 times)

Offline karenv

• Kitten
Re: Loving home waiting for older cat, Daventry
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
Hi Emma, dont know i didnt think to look before!!
Ethel, is looking for a family to call her own, you can see her on the cats that need homes posts, Ethel in Derbyshire!
I dont mind travelling to find the puurrrrrfect home for her cos she hasnt had alot of luck and is such a sweetie.
Send me a message if you are interested once you have read the blurb.
Hopefully talk soon.
Karen.

Offline pete

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 17:27:30 PM »
wish i could have helped but got a new one at the mo  that needs a lot of time to get over her past.   Been there on the break  upo front took me two years to get my little man Whiskey back. 
All the best

Pete :hug:
Why is allways food time?

Dad to Willum Maisie  Whiskey  poppet and Rossi

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 16:59:12 PM »
I think this is quite an old thread hun, sorry you have had problems at home, we have a few members in your area so hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction

Offline missjcm

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 16:56:59 PM »
Hello,
I am looking for a home for my 10 year old beloved cat, she is very chilled out, friendly and lovable. I am not sure how she would be with children but nothing seems to phase her!! We could always give it a trial? I live in Northampton and have had a nasty break up with my partner so desperately need to find her a new home. Let me know if you are interested joanna.marston[at]yahoo.co.uk

Modified to disguise Joanna's email address from machines.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 18:28:03 PM by Christine (Blip) »

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 22:10:51 PM »
Hey Emma,

It may be worth your time phoning the local rescue as they may have cats that aren't on website (your last post said you had only looked at sites so far). We adopted 2 cats from cats protection after spotting Henry on cat chat and falling in love with him (if ever there was a cat looking sad and in need of a home it was him  :Luv2: ) when we had our homecheck we explained we wanted another the homechecker was able to suggest quite a few cats and Charley our second cat hadn't made it to the website yet.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 21:58:46 PM »
Hi Emma,

I don't know if you are aware, but there is a thread on another cat site asking for a home for 2 cats in Daventry.
I saw it and thought of you  ;D
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=27108

Jas   

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 19:53:10 PM »
What about Jojo and Aimee two pedigree senior cats who are at mayhew animal home N London.. Check out Siamese cat welfare, they have been in rescue a while now

http://www.siameserescue.org.uk/homeswanted.htm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 19:54:59 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 18:44:25 PM »
I am sure the right cat will come up for you , so hang around with us cos we have little ones coming up desperate;y needing homes often .

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 21:32:48 PM »
Just got mine on Wednesday.  She is guesstimated to be ten.  Got her from a local rescue.  Was love at first sight-well she chose me.Her pic is on the Tortie story on the rescue site.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 21:07:17 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm sure your special furry friend is out there .... don't give up your search and the right furbabe will find you soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline surfergirlmom

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 19:42:35 PM »
Hi all
Thanks for your kind welcomes!!  :thanks:  :hi:
I've browsed alot of the sites but many of the older cats seem to need to be homed with older children,  teenagers or no children at all so as yet, we havent found our kitty  :( But I guess he/she/they  ;)  :catluv: are out there somewhere so the search continues!!!  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 14:15:44 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.  I hope you find your ideal furry companion.  Have a look round this site and also go to http://www.catchat.org/adoption/nhants.html where you will find a list of rescues in your area.  Many will have websites you can have a look at too.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 23:08:28 PM »
 :Hello:    Emma and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Pleased to have you on board - hope it wont be too long before you have a furry friend or two or three plus

:ahh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 22:55:10 PM »
Hi Emma and  :welcome: to Purrs!
I'm sure you'll find your purrfect kitty here!
I've just found my 3 through the Purrs website...they arrived today!  :wow:

Check out catchat.org as well-rehoming pages for your local regions as well as rehoming requests from individuals

We're one cat mad bunch here!  :garf:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 20:18:27 PM »
hello and  :welcome: to Purrs, I doubt it will be long before one of our members comes up with the perfect baby for you! ;D

Offline surfergirlmom

• Kitten
Loving home waiting for older cat, Daventry
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 19:54:58 PM »
Myself and my family would like to offer a home to a cat. Preferably one who has had a rough start in life and/or has been in a pen or kennel for a far too long.
We live in our own detached house, in a very quiet cul de sac in Daventry, Northants.
My family is made up of myself  ;D, my husband  8), my two year old daughter  :naughty:, a corn snake and several tropical fish! My husband works but I am always home, being a full time Mom to my little girl, so any cat would never be left alone for longer than a few hours, if we had an afternoon out somewhere.
My daughter is a typical two year old, she can be grabby but through a friend owning a cat and several visits, I have taught her to be gentle with the kitty! But still she is a toddler, so slightly unpredictable.  :P
We have a fairly large garden which is fully enclosed. We do have a catflap installed due to the previous owner of the house having two cats but its not been used for 5 years, so I think its about time it was put to use!
The main reason we'd prefer not to have a kitten is there are sooooo many cats that need homes, grown cats dont seem quite so appealing to some people and thus get overlooked and left behind. We really dont mind what colour, shape, breed, gender, television channel preference, FIV+, the only thing to consider is our 2 year old daughter, it wouldnt be fair to stress a cat out if she played a little rough, nor fair on her if she got bitten.
We're willing to travel almost any distance to bring that special cat back to his/her forever home, we havent been homechecked yet but are more than happy for someone to pop over.
Ok, well I hope that just about covers it!  ;D
Emma

Link to CatChat