Author Topic: Wishes for Rosie please  (Read 54847 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Wishes for Rosie please
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2008, 09:43:02 AM »
Hope Rosie's tummy settles down again Des

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2008, 08:17:47 AM »
You misread that comment Michelle!!
I am glad to - bit of a dodgy tum again overnight, so have put her on some sensitivity food, but she isn't appreciatign it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2008, 21:33:32 PM »
Oh Drat Michelle...you caught me out!  :evillaugh:

Glad Rosie is having a lovely fun time!  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2008, 19:33:30 PM »
Yep, I think it is BM, but she wont take the medication for it.

Who wont take their medication ? (i'm getting very confused lol)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2008, 17:57:23 PM »
I hope so too, it is lovely when I am sat here and can hear jingling from the bathroom. She has been pottering about a lot today actually, and has also wandered in here and eaten some of the food - just hope it doesnt set her tummy off again, it is just back to normal after the Felix.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2008, 13:57:39 PM »
Keep it up Rosie hope you have many happy playing days

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
typically, there has been no sign of gulping since i posted!! Her tummy didn't like the amount of Felix I gave her though. She is doing very well though, I keep hearing bells jingling from the bathroom, which means she is playing of her own accord (I bought her a new catnip mouse on Sat - might as well encourage her while she is feeling good enough to play), and she is pottering about the house a bit more, I took her downstairs yesterday to sit with me, but she preferred to check the front room out, so we had a play with Da Bird, and she had some catnip. Today I have had her playing in the cat room.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2008, 22:47:31 PM »
Yep, I think it is BM, but she wont take the medication for it. As she is one of mine, i shouldnt have expected anything different really, it happens with most of my cats - and I know if something happens to Molly, daily meds are out of the question, and the vet has already been told. I wouldnt like to give Zi daily meds either, but she is a tortie.
Meant to add - I got her some FElix senior today (she has so much food it is unbelievable, there are 4 boxes in my bathroom!!), and I Found it interesting that the pouches are a higher protein content than the tins are. Might have to mix the Felix senior with whatever the girls are having so I can keep her on the tinned stuff (not sure she could get through a full tin a day by herself).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 23:58:36 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2008, 16:07:16 PM »
Clapton used to gulp and gurgle until the Fortekor stabilised his condition.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2008, 11:25:40 AM »
I wonder if the gulping is anything to do with her gassy tum?  :shify:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2008, 11:02:57 AM »
IT is - Rolo isn't keen on it, and Rosie is happily eating HiLife chicken again - which isn't too bad, as it is lower in protein. Gettig her some more senior food today, despite living on Whiskas for years, she tucked into the Felix SEnior!!
I think it will be, but as her only symptom until recently has been drinking and weeing, there is a fair chance they didn't notice in a multicat household with a cat who wouldnt use a tray.
She is gulping a bit today, but isn't keen on SEB in her food, it took me ages to get her to eat it. I did get up late this morning, and hadn't taken the clean bowls upstairs, so she had to wait for me to go down and get them - she actually followed me into the kitchen, sniffed at Rolos breakfast and then had a sniff at the fresh air, before coming upstairs, so other than the gulping, she is having a good day.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2008, 10:57:36 AM »
My cats wont touch the feline fayre Des...they all hate it.....is it the one where the chicken looks stringy?  :sick:

I suspect it will be a fair old shock for Rosies previous owners to find out of her medical condition.....but then again they must of seen some sort of symptom!  :Crazy:

Glad she is still eating what she fancies okay, and to be able to go outside for a potter sounds like bliss for her!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2008, 21:31:43 PM »
Bless, she seems to be doing well Des, at least if she is playing she must feel good.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2008, 21:16:34 PM »
i had an e-mail today of her owners, asking how they were all doing and if all had new homes - so I had to tell her about Rosie, and that it means she wont be rehomed - haven't heard back from her yet, but I know how upset I was, and I was expecting it, dont think it is two months yet since she has been here, so it will be an even bigger shock to her owner, as she thought she was healthy - I also dont have the guilt to live with that she will.
She has had a good night though, didn't want to eat her Feline Fayre, but was happy wiht the Whiskas Senior and HiLife chicken, and has had a good potter outside with me, and a bit of a play.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2008, 20:59:12 PM »
Thanks, I was going to post on Sat as we will be three weeks after diagnosis then, and she is doing much better than I expected, I honestly expected to have to have made that decision by  now for her sake, but she is doing well. Think I have had her playing too much though, as she is preferring to sleep in the bathroom rather than on the stairs (although me not seeing her the other day and catching her could also have something to do with that), and she didn't want to stay outside today, but she did potter round downstairs, and played with Da Bird. She eats well as long as you dont try and put anything in her food!! HEr cyst is filling up again though, but am going to try and leave it as long as possible before having it drained.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2008, 12:17:46 PM »
Thinking of Rosie! And hoping the good eating continues!  :hug: :hug: ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2008, 07:44:48 AM »
Just tell her not to feed them all the time then.

I actually popped in the vet last night (seem to love that place at the mo!!), and had a quick chat with the vet. She said that the other options for controlling the gas are even less accepted than what she gave me, so basically, we have tried and can't do anything more on that respect. I mentioned the food, and her opinion is the protein content. She thought 11 and 12% is fine, but I checked the majority of foods in the house when I got back (no mean feat either!!), and it is one of the highest in the house, so I will have to have a rethink - do I go for high meat content or low protein content? I did find some foods that had even less protein in than the prescription food though (due to the amount of food donated recently, I do have over 20 brands/types/flavours!!), so maybe I should mix them. Important thing is that she is eating and happy.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2008, 04:43:17 AM »
They were the bluish ones!  :shy:

How is Rosie today Des....hope her tummy has settled for her!  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2008, 23:20:49 PM »
I will have to check out which ones they are... :shify: My lot hate them I know that much but gave them too my sis for her puds!  :shy:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2008, 22:01:25 PM »
I know, but the silly girl wont take the meds for it - she was actually eating better before I Tried her on the meds though, bizarrely enough. Unless the Feline Fayre is making it a bit worse. She has come down of her own accord today, sat on the arm of the sofa to eat some chicken, then went and slept on the stairs for a bit before retiring to the bathroom. After I relented and gave her 'untainted' food, she had a good play, and I found one of the toys in an odd place this morning, so she had had a good play then too.
IT is (they are 29p each or 4 for £1 in Asda), but you have to watch that, only the black pouches/tins are complete, the blueish ones are complimentary, and they dont go down as well here as HiLife - we also had issues at the rescue with their tuna, it caused the cats to produce very dark sick/poo, something we haven't had issues with HiLife
Please spay your cat

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2008, 21:54:53 PM »
Sending all my best wishes her way.............I know how hard it is when they dont want to eat. :'(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2008, 21:46:31 PM »
God love her...you know how hard it is too eat with a gassy tummy..... :sick:

Feline Fayre....now I seen that for 19p a sachet in Home Bargains is that cheap Des?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2008, 21:33:25 PM »
WEll, she would rather starve than eat food with Antepsin in, so have given up on that idea too, as it breaks my heart to watch her so hungry for food even though there is some down. She is taking longer to eat her food at the moment, but still eating a decent amount during the day. She is on Feline Fayre chicken at the moment, it is just 50% chicken, gelling agent and minerals, so has to be decent, as I know the old suggestion was a pure chicken diet - this just has things added to make it complete, and in a multi-cat household, is easier than cooking proper chicken. So, two weeks after diagnosis, my original idea is right, as she wont tolerate food or meds, but I am aware of the fact she might not have as long cos she wont eat the food or take the meds - it is typical for one of my cats though. I have to pop in the vets on my way home tomorrow, so will see if the vet is free for a chat to see if there is any other alternatives for her tummy. I might try the SEB in the morning just in case she will accept that.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2008, 07:50:07 AM »
Forgot to mention that the vet has given some Antepsin for her gassy tummy, but she doesn't think it is anything too sinister. She did make me sad last night though, I thought she had eaten quite a bit of the renal food, and I then mixed it with some Whiskas Oh So. Before i went to bed, I checked on her, and she had licked it dry, so I mashed it up and added water, but she wouldnt touch it, but did rub round me (not normal for her) and acted hungry. When I opened another Whiskas Oh so and put it on top, she dived in as though she was starving poor thing. So no renal food this morning. I think she struggles to eat the chunks to be honest, she doesnt have a lot of teeth, so I think RC might be a bit hard for her. I might have anohter go with the Alutray, and maybe mix it with her HiLife.
BM - it is the Essentials pouches I buy, they are exclusive to Asda. The boxes are £2.88, so cheaper to buy a box than individual now I know she likes them. I am avoidig the tuna ones though, as I didn't think they were good with kidney issues.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2008, 03:22:28 AM »
Wow that is good....and here was me thinking that I was getting a bargain at 27p each!  :-:

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2008, 23:56:05 PM »
Glad Rosie is O.K and vet trip went well.

Asda do hi-life pouches 4 for a £1, its been on offer for a while now. I think a box of 12 is £3.80. I was all set to move my boys onto it as Charley loves meat but they are favouring stuff in gravy at the mo- I can't keep up.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2008, 22:50:40 PM »
Wow fab news Des!  ;D Well done Rosie!  :wow:

Is it the sachet's of Hi life chicken you buy Des? If so how much do they cost if you dont mind me asking?  :shify:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2008, 20:44:42 PM »
 That is great. ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2008, 20:21:49 PM »
Thats a relief  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2008, 20:13:47 PM »
Well, it was a fluid filled cyst - and fortunately clear fluid, so vet isnt too concerned. She has one dodgy tooth, but it isn't bad enough to warrant worrying about, a tad dehydrated, but other than that, vet says she is in good enough shape to suprise me and have years!! Picked up some of the RC tuna, and it has had mixed reviews really, she started off well, but then stopped - although eaten more than the other flavour (haven't tried her on the beef, as she doesn't seem keen on beefy flavour foods). I am going to start adding water to her wet food to help her dehydration, and limit her dry food. OFf to Asda to stock up on HiLife chicken - despite the vets advice being senior. At least with this I know she will eat it, so can mix it in with the senior if needs be - she has been fussy with the senior, I know she will prob love the supermeat, but adult supermeat went through her.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2008, 09:04:09 AM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Rosie's vet visit  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2008, 08:04:21 AM »
Thanks for the wishes.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2008, 03:18:59 AM »
Sending positive vibes for Rosie at the vets later today~~~~~~~ :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2008, 23:11:21 PM »
Loads of luck to Rosie for tomorrow  :hug:

poor Rolo, ypu know you should give him more attention  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2008, 23:09:18 PM »
Sending Rosie positive vibes for tomorrow. :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2008, 22:39:38 PM »
Thanks. I hope it is nothing, when PEbbles wouldnt eat her favourites, I knew it was cos she was in pain.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2008, 22:16:24 PM »
More  :hug: from me, simba keeps going of the foods he usually likes too! xx
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
More vibes please
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2008, 21:38:21 PM »
I certainly do!!
Can I ask for some more vibes please? I noticed a lump just under her ear tonight, I dont remember feeling it when I was scratching her ear on Fri. It does move slightly, so hopefully that means it is something and nothing. Fortunately we have a vet visit tomorrow anyway. She has had a nice potter outside with me again tonight, and is still eating, although she seems to have gone off the Whiskas Oh So Chicken a bit - typical as I have bought more of that!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »
Certainly got your hands full xx
Caroline xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »
Oh Desley, he's a demanding one that lad!

Glad Rosies feeling a little better, though. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat