Author Topic: Wishes for Rosie please  (Read 54842 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Wishes for Rosie please
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2008, 14:24:42 PM »
Sending Rosie lots of  :Luv: xxx
Caroline xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2008, 13:50:07 PM »
Sorry to hear your having trouble getting a sample....they can be so stubborn  :tired: Hope she is using the tray normally now for her wee's... :Luv: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2008, 09:19:18 AM »
Little sweetheart.  I hope the vet can get a sample

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2008, 21:40:00 PM »
Considered but due to a couple of reasons, it just wasn't an option. I was only going to take her once a month for a checkup, and dont fancy taking her just for that. Went to order her arthritis supplements today, but they are under the minimum order, so need to find something else to order.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2008, 17:23:44 PM »
On her next visit des they can quickly take a sample there and then  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »
I'm with Clare, Amber had her legs crossed for over 24 hours for  check after she had cystitis, I let her in the garden and followed her with a tea cup and had the sample in about 2 minutes

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2008, 08:43:37 AM »
Have you tried the shot glass approach Desley?

Its the only way I can get a sample out of Max ............. I put down the crystal litter, knowing full well that he wont use it ..... wait a good few hours until he starts meowing at me (which generally means I need a wee give me back my litter!).  As soon as I put the normal litter tray back, he goes straight in there, so I just lift his tail mid-stream and catch a bit that way  :evillaugh:

Maybe not the most technically advanced way to do it, but its worked twice in a row now!  Bet I'm tempting fate for next week in trying to get one now  :-: :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2008, 07:42:27 AM »
WEll, I am giving up with the urine sample for diabetes - she had a tray with special litter Sun and Mon night, she pooed in it the first night, so I was pleased she would use it, even if she didn't wee all night (not like her), but there was nothing in it yesterday morning, so I was slightly concerned cos it meant she hadn't weed all night. I was moving some stuff in the bathroom last night and found she had used some of my washing instead, so I felt so guilty she had needed the loo but hated the litter so much she found an alternative. Last night I tried an empty tray as the last resort - still empty this morning, so I swapped it straight away rather than waiting till I went to work, and she went straight in it for a wee (admittedly did her usual trick of missing the tray completely!!), so she isn't willing to oblige, and prefers to hold on or find another way of weeing, and as CRF cats are prone to UTI's, I can't risk that with her.This is the second time I have tried getting a urine sample out of her, so obvious she isn't going to oblige!! Will ring the vets today and let them know - they may have an alternative I suppose.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2008, 08:48:08 AM »
She really is a tiny cat. She hasn't appreciated the SEB in her food this morning, shame as her tum is very gassy. Sun is out here today, so thought I would pop on PC early, then when it gets warm enough to sit outside, I can take Rosie and my book, and we can have a good time in the sun. I just have to watch her drinking according to the vet, apparently they tend to forget to go in and drink and get dehydrated - I did take water outside with me last week, but they all refused it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2008, 20:35:12 PM »
Thanks for the info Des and Rosie I think has a way to go weight wise before it would cos probs with her arthritus. She sounds as light as Kocka was, just like feather.

I hope that the new meds may help her and sure she has loads of sunbathing time  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2008, 16:38:50 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes. Rosie adores the sun, so can't wait to get some more for her - I am trying to do something every day for her that gives her some pleasure, so that if she takes a sudden downturn, I know she has been enjoying herself. I am going to try crushing one of my glucosamine tabs to put with her tea - suppose even if she only takes a small amount of it, it is better than nothing. They are incredibly big tablets though. I could poss hide meds in cat milk for her, but she had a bit of a dodgy tum last time I gave her some. She is eating very well though, vet did feel her throat and check her heart, but didn't say anything, so I am assuming she didn't find anythign to make her suspect a thyroid problem. I can transfer my worry over to Zia now!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2008, 16:29:45 PM »
Glad to hear that Rosie is doing well.  Blip (who admittedly only has a touch of arthritis in one hip) is observably more mobile in the warmer weather we have been having so I hope Rosie can get some relief during the summer.  The liquid prescription medication has got to be worth a try too.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2008, 16:18:06 PM »
Glad she is doing well and hope you can get her to take the meds and she gets some arthritis relief.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2008, 16:05:19 PM »
I will be getting told about the new meds on Mon (am at the vet again then!!), so will be able to see which way to go with her. Surprisingly she hadn't lost weight, but I doubt the extra weight will affect her joints too much, as she is only 2.64kg. I will be monitoring it though, as I know extra weight can make arthritis more - thinking of taking her for monthly weigh ins.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2008, 15:57:24 PM »
Good luck with the liquid form meds (when prescribed).....Aw bless her though....the weight loss could of been due to not having any dry so hopefully that should get back to normal now....but with added weight comes added stress to her joints!  :Crazy:

Finger's crossed for some improvement in her arthritis.....and some good sunny days for her to relax!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Please give her a cuddle from me!  :ahh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2008, 15:50:51 PM »
Well, quite a good vet visit, despite having to wait for ages!! She has put some weight on, but her tum was quite bloated, so dont know how much was down to that. I suspect quite a bit, as her back end is looking thinner. Vet was wondering if her joints were due to a potassium issue until she felt her - her shoulders felt fine, but her knees are very bad, luckily, she got a leaflet on her desk this week about a new med that is in a liquid form, and there was an article in Your Cat about a homeopathic remedy for it that comes in liquid form, so going to look into those two, as she isn't happy to give her Metacam, and Synoquin comes in 90 tablets, and I dont wnat to spend £30 on something she wont take, would rather spend that on something else for her!! Going to get a urine sample this week to check for sugar in her wee, and she has OK'd her to have dry food as she is drinking enough to compensate for it.  Overall, vet is happy with her, she did reiterate her being on limited time, but she thinks she seems happy.  She has been very bright today, wandered a bit, and had a play. Still not looking past getting a good summer out of her though, especially if we can't get this arthritis under control.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2008, 15:39:40 PM »
Was it this morning you were at the vets with Rosie Des?  ;)

Hope all went well!  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2008, 08:05:34 AM »
I do have some human Chondroitin/Glucosamine, but they are mega big tablets, so not even going to waste my time trying to crush them - we are at the vets in the morning, so shall see what they say.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »
I have some sachets of powder you sprinkle on food but Alice won't eat the food with it on  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »
You can get liquid glucosamine capsules  , if you can pierce them can you use that?

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2008, 10:08:10 AM »
I'm so glad that she seems to be better and long may it continue. Can she not take any of the glucosamine (does it come in liquid form?).

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2008, 07:59:59 AM »
The main issue is finding some meds she will actually tolerate!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »
Aw bless her!  :Luv: Hoping that they can find some relief for her legs....luckily as you said it is only slight so the meds should work a treat!  :wish: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2008, 07:47:46 AM »
Gill - the lump was just a harmless cyst, she doesn't have any other illnesses other than her CRF at the moment.
She is at the vets on Sat, we are going to weigh her and discuss options for her suspected arthritis. IT isn't stopping her pottering about and playing though, but I am wondering about supplements as she hasn't been happy at taking any meds so far. IT isn't my vet on Sat, as she has broke her arm, so will have to see what the new vets thoughts are about her. I do think she has lost some weight, but she is on mainly senior food and no dry, so not too surprising.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2008, 13:22:56 PM »
Des the fur not being right is what sent us on the diabetes route and since stabilised Tigers fur is much better but he does get tufty in the backend I would ask for her blood sugar to be tested as some of the other things can mask this.

It does mean a day at the vet but may be the route cause and this is curable and may be whats wrong with her

Good luck with her anyway :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2008, 01:15:08 AM »
I am sure I am seriously missing something here but have been back on the thread and cant find out what is wrong with Rosie and what this diagnosis was.

Please can you tell me Desley cos I been back to April and saw she had a cyst and its driving me crazy that I cant find it, sorry  :shify:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2008, 00:19:52 AM »
Bless her ... hope she feels better soon  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2008, 21:46:16 PM »
Poor Rosie....only finding a love for toys at 15yrs then having to lighten up with them  :(....hope her legs start to show some improvement!  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »
She could have done, I might have to take her toys away for a day or two
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2008, 21:15:33 PM »
Yep here's to the next one.  Maybe she has overdone it on her legs with playing and stuff Des.  Dragan used to get very sore when he overdid things.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2008, 19:53:15 PM »
IT is.

Bit bothered by Rosie today, she has had a wonderful day outside, but she is seeming quite thin on her back end (I have been giving her more senior this week), and her fur wasn't as good - she wouldn't let me touch certain places though, i.e. her back legs, and she does stand funny on her front legs. I might have to get some Synoquin, and hope she will take it. I will post pics of her outside and playing when Photobucket will let me.

On the plus side, it was a month yesterday from her diagnosis, and apart from her legs, she is doing so much better - when I first got the results, the idea was 2-3 weeks palliative care, purely cos she was eating well, and then letting her go due to how she was acting, but she decided to prove me wrong. Her first month since the diagnosis has gone well, here's to the next one!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2008, 12:09:10 PM »
Its sometime's nice just to know you are appreciated!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope Rosie continue's having a wonderful time!  ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2008, 21:38:09 PM »
She is, she has had lots of potters about outside, and lots of playing with her toys, I honestly didn't expect this turnaround when I took her for those bloods, I really did panic for no reason. Her legs aren't the best, but it didn't stop her eyeing the wall up last night!! I have had an answer back from her owner as well, here it is

really sad to hear about Rosie, just gald that she is in your hands. Please give her a kiss from me x.

Thank You for being there for Rosie, I know that I am all this way away but if you need anything for Rosie I can contact my mates back home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »
Hoping that Rosie is having a nice week!  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2008, 08:10:36 AM »
Me too, she is still eating really well, which is good. Luckily, I am mega busy at work this week, so at least I haven't got as much time to worry myself.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2008, 06:42:19 AM »
Glad Rosie is enjoying herself.  Try not to worry about the dental Des although I know you will  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2008, 21:40:14 PM »
Thanks - it certainly is, just Zi's vet visit on Sat to worry about now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2008, 21:39:15 PM »
So glad for you that Rosie is feeling so much better, its really hard isn't it when they are not well. xx
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2008, 21:23:40 PM »
She's fine now - it is my fault, i wasnt quick enough in stopping her eating the other cats food. She has had a nice potter about outside, and even went back out of her own accord after coming in, so that was good. She certainly seems to be enjoying life now, and she has been here 2 months tomorrow, it has been a hard 2 months for her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2008, 10:42:16 AM »
Sending healing vibes for Rosie's tum!~~~~~~~ :ahh:

Link to CatChat