Author Topic: Pregnant Cat....Can Anyone Help?  (Read 29011 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Pregnant Cat....Can Anyone Help?
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2007, 14:51:31 PM »
Sorry been in bed for a couple of hours (bad back)

I have not heard back from the owner re my email about speaking to her vet !!!!
So coupled with the strange pregnancy dates i am tending to agree that this all sounds abit dodgy !

Well we cant do anymore until someone heres from her again

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2007, 14:47:54 PM »
Ok guys, I think we all have best of intentions at heart.  Question is what now?

ccmacey

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 14:24:34 PM »
I'm not having a dig at you, just talking of my past experiences with my own cats. I had 3 cats that had flu, and I was at the vet's with them every day for a week. The constant attention that I was talking about was making sure they were eating, them not getting dehydrated and also taking them to the litter tray as they were unable to do this themselves. It was nothing personal.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 14:18:59 PM »
Hi everyone,

Yes, I think that if a rescue could be found to take her, we could contribute our pledged money to the rescue instead.  That said, I realise that this is not likely to happen...but I am wondering whether this young girl is so naiive that she thinks there is a shortage of cats out there and the imminent arrival of kittens means that whoever takes on this little babe, will be in profit. Even pedigree breeders do not make a profit out of rearing kittens unless they have loads of queens and studs! Most do it for the love and joy of the breed.

I will watch the thread and am here to do whatever.  

Good luck

Best wishes,

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 14:14:36 PM »
What on earth are you having a dig at me for? surely you have something better to do

i forgot my cat had cat flu because I was caught up in trying to help this pregnant cat, I’m sorry for any inconvenience this might have personally caused you (and I'm sure it must have otherwise there would have been no need to be so pointlessly stupid about it). I've not been about here much but evidently you've instated yourself as a cat expert

Not that it really matters but my cat doesn't require constant attention and that’s a bit of a daft thing to say.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 14:15:48 PM by hels »

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 14:12:04 PM »
I'll still help out too. need to get this baby away, to have her kittens is comfort.  she looks so scared poor little mite

A Meow Massages your heart.

ccmacey

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 14:10:05 PM »
So do you think they just trying to scam money out of people or what??

No that would be out of the question to take a pregnant queen at the moment if your cat has flu.

How did you forget the cat has flu when they need constant attention??

Im sorry Linda, I now understand what your saying. I thought you were offering to pay the £100 for this cat. I too get very emotinal about these situations but we cant help everyone. Hopefully someone from here can get this cat off the owner and into a rescue FREE OF CHARGE and take it from there. That would all turn out good only if this heartfelt plea IS NOT A SCAM.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 14:01:34 PM »
Take on board your point CCMacey, however whilst I am emotional and my heart strings are tugged, I'm nobodys fool.  I do however appreciate the point you raise  re verification that the poor baby in the pics is indeed there and can be handed over.  Seller may not have said the girl is going to come to harm but as far as I'm concerned she does not deserve to have her (sorry, I know its emotional/may sound hard but its how I feel).

If we can find a rescue to take this poor baby and persuade the seller to part with her in this way then great.  If not my offer of financial support to someone who can take her in still stands.

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 13:58:15 PM »
well thats kinda what i'm thinking and I've just realised that I've forgotten that my cat connie has flu, she only got it this week so I dont know if it'd be the best idea for me to take the pregnant cat right now...

depends what other people think... there must be a rescue nearer to her than me anyway especially since moving a pregnant cat probably isnt the best idea

ccmacey

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 13:56:04 PM »
Cant the cat go to the CP anyway? If the owner really doesn't want her that much and is trying to get rid, why is she delaying the process by trying to sell her for a ridiculous amount of money??? :-:

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 13:52:41 PM »
i'm in cambridgeshire and I could pick her up if she is in london or that way
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 13:53:01 PM by hels »

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 13:51:32 PM »
sorry for not replying before, i cant always get online. I could foster this poor girl but as of tomorrow I'm unemployed and could no way finance it at all. I do help my local CP so if I can actually get her, or someone else can get her, then I could get her on the CP's books which means everything will be paid for via them.

Its not ideal as the only spare room I have is my bathroom but i dont mind

ccmacey

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 13:48:38 PM »
So is it a scam then? Has anyone read the other topic I mentioned? Where is the cat supposed to be coming from?

Yes, I am willing to either pay the full amount plus help with her vet, food  bills etc or if others want to help then to contribute accordingly.

This is what people have to be worried about, if they don't know the whole story and are so willing to give there money away--

BE CAREFULL.

In reply to your last post Linda, they are obviously trying to pull on the heart strings of people that they know there going to scam some money out of. The seller has not said this cat is going to come to any harm if no one buy's her, and you arnt guaranteed to get the cat after handing you money over anyway.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 13:47:55 PM »
Good idea
I have emailed her back and asked for Vets phone  number

So thats Me and Roz willing to help with money - anyone else ???? (going to try and get women to drop price though)
Hels - where abouts are you, can you get to pick this cat up ??

YESSSSSSS
I want this baby safe.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 13:41:16 PM »
Agree in principle MBII however we need to prioritise the welfare of this beautiful girl as someone who wants to part with her under the circumstances described is clearly not putting her first.
I know, it may be encouraging this type of behaviour but what are the options really?

MBll

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 13:34:51 PM »
Well i emailed her but no reply ...guess she didnt like what i said? Anyway i dont think anyone should part with any money as she dosnt want the cat then she should only consdier the welfare & a responsible home for her them selling.     Checking out with the vet etc etc is very good idea

Edited to say a small donation but not what she is asking for....as to me its only encouraging her to repeat this
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 13:36:44 PM by MBll »

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 13:29:24 PM »
Yes, I am willing to either pay the full amount plus help with her vet, food  bills etc or if others want to help then to contribute accordingly.

I e-mailed hels yesterday to let her know this and to ask whether or not she has been in touch but not on my puter at home today so not sure if she has got back to me or not.

ccmacey

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 13:06:45 PM »
Has anyone read the thread "adopting a cat from Cameroon"? Everyone seemed to think it was a scam and that was also from GUMTREE. Does anyone really know what's going on? Has anyone been in contact with a person about this cat??

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 13:00:55 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Right thats got that out of the way !!!!!

If it is just the money that is a problem i am willing to help towards the £100 if someone on here can take her

I think Hels would take her but hasn't got the money  -I have mailed her and said I will help toward the 100 also.

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
Linda bengalbabe said she could help financially I would like to too though wouldn't be alot as on sick pay at the mo Good luck folks

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »
Good idea
I have emailed her back and asked for Vets phone  number

So thats Me and Roz willing to help with money - anyone else ???? (going to try and get women to drop price though)
Hels - where abouts are you, can you get to pick this cat up ??

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »
She has been vet checked and the vet said she is pretty sure that she is pregnant. If you still not sure, i have the document saying she has been checked.

Have you checked with the vet that the document is genuine?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 11:42:31 AM »
This cat looks more than five days pregnant to me...looking at the first photo.  Either that or she is just a little overweight. 

I agree with everyone else...what a cheek asking for £100 for a non-ped moggie.  It's not like there is a shortage or anything.........and pregnant as well!!!   I only wish there was a shortage but there are not enough homes for all the other little babes walking about the streets. 

There is something not quite right about this ad but as always in such cases, it is the animal that suffers if no notice is taken.  And if a dubious person is in charge of a defenceless animal then the animal's safety and well-being should be uppermost.

I think that we should take her up on her offer of checking out the vet report though.  Perhaps she could leave us her vet's telephone number and we could talk to one of the staff there.  This is what I have done in the past when paying for veterinary care for others. I've often been warned that I am naiive when responding to these people's pleas for help but it has always worked out fine in the end.

I am willing to contribute towards the £100 too.  Normally I would pay the whole lot but it is a particularly difficult time for me at the moment because of a number of personal issues, but I am happy to help.

Sadly, I have no room for any more cats at the moment....I have some personality difficulties with my present mob....but if Hels can help with the fostering, I can help financially.

Hope we can sort this little one out.

Best wishes,

Roz

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 14:24:16 PM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 11:07:40 AM »
Furbabystar can you not get in touch with Hels she said she would take her between you you could get that poor little mite to safety

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »
I have email the person and got this back

She has been vet checked and the vet said she is pretty sure that she is pregnant. If you still not sure, i have the document saying she has been checked. So if you still want her then please hurry becuase she's started looking for a nest place.

Doesnt sound right to me !!!!

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 10:13:36 AM »
Just thought (yes it hurt)

The person says kittens due in 2months - well that would make her about 5 days pregnant !!!
Does she know for deff that she is pregnant ?? (either way the cat needs to get out of there)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Right thats got that out of the way !!!!!

If it is just the money that is a problem i am willing to help towards the £100 if someone on here can take her

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 22:07:17 PM »
Oh the poor little girl, she does look scared Smudgey, I thought the same thing when I looked at the ad, what is it with some people  :censored:   Hope she does get sorted , bless her, shes gorgeous, wish I could help but im too far away  :(
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 20:16:59 PM »
i notice in the ad the owner says she always stays indoors ..... obviously she must have been out at some point!!!!!  Poor little baby.

I hope this gets sorted.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 20:12:45 PM »
Hels, did you get in touch with the current owner?  What did they say? 
This is a horrible situation, I'm too far away to do anything practical but would be willing to help out financially.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 17:46:14 PM »
Iv had a response saying thank you for the numbers, i think they will phone them or i would have been ignored/swore at!

Hels, email them, i think its a genuine ad and they may pass on the money. Its worth a try.

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 15:37:16 PM »
does that poor little mite look terrified or is it just me i suppose they have put £100 cos you would be getting more than one cat and be able to sell others on
Theres no way I could part with such a beautiful girl
I hope someone can help her

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 15:11:15 PM »
i could take her and look after her with rescue support but i dont have the £100 to get her

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 13:19:21 PM »
Iv sent them contact details of London rescues.
Its hard, theres just too many out there. This ad is more caring then some that i have read  :(

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 21:11:44 PM »
It is not looking good - why would anybody pay £100, there is no mention of any pedigree?
I hope that she finds a good home and I hope that he/she will see sense and just offer that poor lady to a kind and loving home.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 20:43:20 PM »
Too far away, sorry.  :( What a sweet looking girl, too. Hope she's safe.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

MBll

Pregnant Cat....Can Anyone Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 20:34:59 PM »
Im gobsmacked at this ad on gumtree..... but Im nowhere near

ad site link removed as per http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4721.0
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 16:38:26 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Link to CatChat