Author Topic: Old towels & tea cloths  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Old towels & tea cloths
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 18:07:33 PM »
I get depressed sometimes when we are donated towels which are nicer and newer than my own family towels.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 09:39:33 AM »
Leanne,  have pm'd you my address if no one else has before me.  Very much appreciated, they will come in very handy here, thank you.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 14:27:26 PM »
I don't mind to be honest what you guys want me to do

I usually bring them into work for the dogs but thought you guys might want them for a change,

I've never asked my vets before because we usualyl go to the branch surgery and when we collected Jess they gave me a towel as they lost his I said I'd return it and they told me not to bother!

So anyone who wants them PM me your address and I'll send them - and I don't want any postage money

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:50:26 AM »
Fair enough, Lesley.  :cuddle: Yes, you can never have too many towels. I counted it one day and got through 15 while taking 6 puds to the vets.  :loon:. But I get depressed sometimes when we are donated towels which are nicer and newer than my own family towels.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:38:27 AM »
I do get some from my Vets and Andrew, my hairdresser, gave me a whole load when he swapped colour schemes recently, but it's one of those things you can never have enough of, and I didn't want Leanne thinking nobody wanted to take her up on her very kind offer.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 01:14:35 AM »
Leslie

Not trying to disuade Leanne off her kind offer as I know how useful a plentiful supply of towels are, but have you tried the local vets for stuff like that? Our vet keeps getting people giving him old towels but because they don't have the facilities to wash them, they can't use them and pass them all on to us. Might be worth asking around.  ;)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:46:06 PM »
Old towels etc always come in useful for the babies, the moreI have the more we can just use and dispose off, sometimes they are just too uurrgh to put in the washing machine.

Let me know how much you want for postage etc and I will pm you my details of no one else is interested.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Old towels & tea cloths
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 14:40:11 PM »
We have a few old ones laying around, is this something you guys can use in rescue?

Link to CatChat