Author Topic: Found! Cat in Garage.  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: Found! Cat in Garage.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 21:42:57 PM »
Talk to your local cat protection or RSPCA ASAP please I hope that the little cat will be okxx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline chris (ct1606)

• Kitten
    • ct
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 22:23:02 PM »
Sam,

Thanks for your help.

The cat came back, and it sat outside and kept meowing. I just had to ignore it in the end :( I feel really helpless. I hope it finds its way back home as i'm sure he only lives just across from where we are. It's a regular cat that comes in, it always chases our cat but for some reason he just was lost. I tried taking him to the back garden to let him go but he wanted to follow me everywhere. I feel awful that I couldn't help it much, though at least he is saved from the garage. I'll get mum to keep a look/hear out for him tomorrow and i'll re-direct her to this site for more help.

I'm away for the next 3 days across to N.Ireland so I won't be here.

Will keep you informed either way.
Thanks Sam, once again for your help.
Check out the all new Vibe FM.
http://vibe108.bebo.com

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 20:49:15 PM »
Chris,

Sorry to hear your Dad doesn't want you to help this little cat ... I do understand it a way.  All I can suggest is you contact your local cats protection (follow the link - click on the map to find your local area http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html) or another resuce in your area and explain the situation. 

I agree with your Dad, cats aren't stupid, but they do get lost and when that happens they need our help. 

Sorry I can't be more help and good luck with your local resuces.  Please keep us informed :)

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline chris (ct1606)

• Kitten
    • ct
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 19:04:34 PM »
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the advice, but it came back and once again Dad went out there.
He isn't like hurting it but chased it away. I can't do anything to help it  :( Dad refuses to let me give it care and attention as he says that is why it comes back all the time.

He has told me "It's not stupid, if it only lives over there then it should have gone back by now. Just leave it alone, I don't want it coming back".
I can understand what he means, but the cat has no idea where it is going. If it only lives next door then why hasn't it found its way home yet?

Help, it's back again now :) lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 19:09:37 PM by chris (ct1606) »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Found - Ginger/Black Cat (not sure on breed) in garage - HELP!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 18:57:32 PM »
Hi Chris,

If this little one was shut in your garage there is a strong chance it probably lives locally and has now gone back home.  I would keep on eye out to see if it is hanging round but not necessarily call it.  If it is still hanging round and really looks lost then you can offer it some food and water  maybe someonewhere warm to stay (you garage  would be ok if you don't want it in your house) then put up some found posters.

With regards to the bite ... as I'm sure you are aware ... cat's have lots of bacteria in their mouths so if it has broken the skin I would make sure the wound is cleaned thoroughly and if you start to show any signs of inflammation etc it might be worth a trip to your local doctor / AE and make sure your are uptodate with your tetanus jab.

Good luck

Sam
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline chris (ct1606)

• Kitten
    • ct
Found! Cat in Garage.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 17:32:44 PM »
Hi all
Tonight, I found a cat that lives local to us in the garage.
As soon as I let it free I thought it may find it's way home but it isn't and it is sitting outside our front door meowing away!
Dad's only gone and chased it off, but I am afraid it will only get lost again.

What do I do?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 19:01:04 PM by chris (ct1606) »

Link to CatChat